Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Fix Twinking or lose Subs...Math's not that hard.

Rift Disciple

Default Fix Twinking or lose Subs...Math's not that hard.

5 consecutive WF's where my team was backed up to our spawn point....

This isn't PvP this is bads gearing their way to wins....I can get this one sided garbage in WoW which is infinitely more fluid and developed.

So the statement remains, either deal with the twinking issue or face losing a portion of your PvP sub base...
    Last edited by Hugatree; 04-22-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Twinking is such a joke in this game compared to others,

Heres a tip: www.google.com
    How to Twink *insert class here* in Rift

Now take a couple hours out of your busy day and make yourself competitive or level out of the grouping.
    You are trying to bomb Hiroshima with paper Airplanes, or invade another country with plastic utensils, it doesnt work that way.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Rift Chaser

While I've had my bad experiences with being pushed back to spawn, I've done my fair share of it too.

However, I've long since stopped doing it. If they are pushed back to spawn, I won't sit there and castigate them. I begin to simply loot corpses for my money, and pick off the occassional straggler thinking to gank our carrier. (that's just warfront rules.)

Or in library, I'll only go after rune carriers, and cash in on the loot. My team is doing a good enough job without me.

That said, Trion has a lot of problems on their hands. Twinking (which is fine if you take even an fractional amount of time to gear up), the level 12 exploiters, and this huge overdose of stupid 1.8 balancing issues they have going on.

I wil tell you this, twinking is LAST on tehir list of problems.

They'll lose subs if they remove XP locking. Don't like low level warfronts? Level up. Want to actually be competitive in each bracket? Get favor and buy the gear easily accessible to you. You don't need a 50 because pretty much almost everything is obtainable with a bit of time.

With merc'ing there's an equal chance both teams get locked toons. And even when twinks are dominating the field and camping the spawn, how hard is it to..... go around them? I can't tell you how many games I've watched crybaby bads stand at the top of the spawn ranging or running down 1v10 and getting destroyed.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sabryn View Post
    They'll lose subs if they remove XP locking. Don't like low level warfronts? Level up. Want to actually be competitive in each bracket? Get favor and buy the gear easily accessible to you.

Yeah I may just 'level up' or take my sub to another MMO....

It's a joke, and further it puts a black eye on Rift, for those who came to this game recently (like me) the experience with PvP has been terrible. Removing locked levels is a brilliant idea, or give those that chose to lock levels their own WF's (similar to WoW) to cut down on the massive imbalances.

The number of twinks isn't nearly the number of gamers just trying to enjoy PvP as they level. If I were operating a business (ya know for profit and all) I'd do my best to please the masses. Frankly who would want to invest time in a game they can't enjoy or have a fair shot at enjoying?

The best part is I'm arguing a point I've already won, MMO after MMO has learned the hard way that they can't allow this type of game play to persist.

If you chose pvp as the only aspect of this game you could enjoy, then you have narrowed yourself into your own little box, especially if you refuse to gear up to compete. Oh look, the fix it or I quit

You guys remember the big promo Trion did for this game not too long ago, before twinking was introduced? I dare them to try it now.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    If you chose pvp as the only aspect of this game you could enjoy, then you have narrowed yourself into your own little box, especially if you refuse to gear up to compete. Oh look, the fix it or I quit
    No not even remotely, I enjoy PvP as much as I PvE, its the PvP with Twinks that is dragging this game down....

I'll explain myself. My guild from another game (Yeah that one) of approximately 150 people is looking to make a transition into another MMO. I really enjoy the feel, look, and just about every aspect of this game with the exception of PvP. I was scouting this game as a potential home for our guild, the other officers are looking into SWTOR, which they're saying has fantastic PvP, and mediocre PvE.

I'm pretty sure they're going to choose SWTOR at this point.Sadly when asked about the PvP aspects of this game I had to tell them it's similar to WoW a few years back....

In regard to the fix it or I quit post...No I honestly meant approximately 150 potential subs are going to be lost.I'm not going to say my entire guild will make the transition but a significant number would have.

And sweetie, do you buy cars without windshields? Or toasters without heating elements? Fix it or lose subs is the most simple and direct way to inform the Dev's of the loss of business....I'm not going to pay for a broken product....The proliferation of that sentiment in any MMO that has had issues is rather obvious....Probably why people use it.
    Last edited by Hugatree; 04-22-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Whatever. Any hope of credibility was lost with the fictitious numbers and mere mention of swtor, lmao. Go back and read Amon's post. Also note: this isn't wow.

Soulwalker

gw2 beta starts this coming weekend. in gw2 when you enter a wf or arena it auto sets you to max lvl and loads same gear up for everyone. there is no lvl difference or gear difference it just comes down to what team supports and works together the best. cant wait! also they did great pve in it as well from what i hear.

Rift Disciple

actualy when still on a rift lite account after coming to look at rift again after leaving around patch 1.1-1.2 I did "twink" a rogue alt out, diff being though is I took him to lvl 20 (max for rift lite) to be competative against higher levels, call me daft but I enjoy the challenge on him

Quote Originally Posted by Sdama View Post
    gw2 beta starts this coming weekend. in gw2 when you enter a wf or arena it auto sets you to max lvl and loads same gear up for everyone. there is no lvl difference or gear difference it just comes down to what team supports and works together the best. cant wait! also they did great pve in it as well from what i hear.
    GW2 for me as well...and just about ANYONE who wants skill and strategy-based PvP, not gear-based PvP.

You don't really have a choice with lite accounts since they cannot xp lock. Cannot even equip epic gear nor anything more than a three slot sigil due to the currency restrictions. Oddly enough you can get to Moonshade Highlands on a Guardian.

Oh dear god all this crying about losing subs over low level pvp because of twinks? Seriously? You stay in a bracket for maybe a couple days before moving to the next. Is it really that big of a deal? 150 subs lost because of it? I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabryn View Post
    Oh dear god all this crying about losing subs over low level pvp because of twinks? Seriously? You stay in a bracket for maybe a couple days before moving to the next. Is it really that big of a deal? 150 subs lost because of it? I highly doubt it.
    There are twinks in the next bracket too. As a new player, you're fated to repeat the process until 50, at which point you discover that the horror continues until P20+ and that P40s are the biggest twinks of them all. The only way to combat the twinks is to turn to the dark side and become that which you hate. You soon haunt the battlefield, soul sold for easy wins, a vengeful revenant refusing to pass on into the next world. Making newbies quit in disgust becomes a lonely enterprise. You begin to long for the day one will turn to the dark side and strike you down in anger: on that day, your madness-twisted sensibilities regarding competition will be validated, and you may finally RESSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTT...

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast