+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eughe

Thread: need some fixes in pvp

Default need some fixes in pvp

a couple things need to be fixed in WF's. being a mercenary for 7 or 8 times in a row is unacceptable. being on the defiant while MY team wins over and over is pretty hard to endure. 2 in a row max pls. the other thing that has never been addressed is cancelling a heal cast if the target dies. i cant tell you how many times i waste a big heal on someone who dies right before my cast finishes. if my target dies on a dps cast, it cancels if the person dies, cant we have the same thing on heals? cant cast if the person dies?

as far as class mechanics go, i think the mage chloro is pretty kickass. Clerics dont like being out healed by a mage. makes me smile

Rift Disciple

well while we're at it, lets also change all the interupts for marks/ranger (deaden and concusive blast) become silences due to 95% of mage spells being cast NOT having cast bars....

if my target dies on a dps cast, it cancels if the person dies, cant we have the same thing on heals? cant cast if the person dies?
    ... You lost me
    ~Quiescent

Plane Walker

You had me at you lost me.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Countless times have I cast Fulminate or Cinder Burst only for them to never land because others killed the target during the time of flight....and it cost me a 45 second CD and all my charge, you gotta deal with it
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    Countless times have I cast Fulminate or Cinder Burst only for them to never land because others killed the target during the time of flight....and it cost me a 45 second CD and all my charge, you gotta deal with it
    Many classes suffer things similar to this. I made a post in another thread how they really need to do completely away with this 'travel time' junk. It's stupid when some stuff is and some isn't, especially when theres little rhyme and reason. It's stupidity is perpetuated for callings who use either a gun or bow. In Eq2 I casted ice comet, it hit the mob instantly but I also was shown a really cool graphic of a huge comet forming over my head and launching through the air as a projectile. Separate the graphics and mechanic of travel time. It has it's downfalls in pvp and pve. Although to play devils advocate I can think of a few advantages travel time things have in pvp. But it's not enough to make me think everything shouldn't have travel time mechanically.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Merkabah View Post
    a couple things need to be fixed in WF's. being a mercenary for 7 or 8 times in a row is unacceptable. being on the defiant while MY team wins over and over is pretty hard to endure. 2 in a row max pls. the other thing that has never been addressed is cancelling a heal cast if the target dies. i cant tell you how many times i waste a big heal on someone who dies right before my cast finishes. if my target dies on a dps cast, it cancels if the person dies, cant we have the same thing on heals? cant cast if the person dies?

as far as class mechanics go, i think the mage chloro is pretty kickass. Clerics dont like being out healed by a mage. makes me smile

When fighting as a mercenary we should get a favour and prestige bonus.

Why should mercs get a favor and prestige bonus? They have no handi-cap of any sort that would call for one.

How come people talk about how much they hate being a merc when their own faction wins but never complain about not being a merc when their faction loses? Based on total logic, one should feel both ways. If not, there is something else making them feel that way when your team position is semi rng-ish to an extent but you only hate being on a side when it's the other side and your side loses. I don't hear as many complaints either about people who win as a merc. But they complain when they lose. One can't just pick singular sides when a sword is double edged and pretend the other isn't there. All I read is tons of bias and non objective agendas.

How about someone come post that they were annoyed because they feel the should have lost cause they won as a merc. You aren't annoyed by the merc. You're annoyed by the mental disposition that if reality had played out differently you would have been on the winning team and the system is the sole reason you weren't. Maybe you wouldn't have made the cut for that game, or maybe that game wouldn't have happened because of no mercs. It's just a speculation and not a certainty.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-23-2012 at 12:27 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Well, you pay mercs, usually more than what you pay your normal soldiers.

Countless times I've hit bloom or essence surge on someone only to have them die before the spell actually hits. I can kind of understand this as there's server side processing but it certainly is annoying.

IE - target at 1k hp, I hit surge, should be minimum of around 5.5k heal or so. Thanks to server "queue" on dmg and heals my instant heal hits AFTER they are dead. Never encountered this type of problem in WoW. Very frustrating to blow a big cd instant cast and have it not even hit though.

As for a rogue requesting a silence outside of the interrupt silence and noise cancelling augments? Really? Are MM having such a hard time killing mages they need this type of buff? Well played MM really shouldn't be having any issues killing a mage (and they certainly should never die to one unless said mage caught you with your pants down).

Getting back on topic though. It's a stupid argument to sarcastically point out how your fulminate didn't kill a target. It has TRAVEL time. I think the OP is referring to those instant, big CD spells that always seem to end up hitting a corpse like it had a travel time or something. Seems worth looking into imo. I've never heard of a mage complaining his inferno used up the CD but didn't hit the target cuz it was already dead (at least that has NEVER happened to me). As for any and all healing instants in the chloro tree? This problem happens all the time.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

+ Reply to Thread