+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Empowerd Darkness

Default Empowerd Darkness

Kind of wondering about this lol.

1: By the time you get enough charge, if your lucky, your warlock is going to be dead anyway.

2: Mayby make it instant with a 30 sec cool down without a charge cost. Youd live a few more seconds longer mayby or I should say, atleast you can use it before you die.

3: What is up with the Warlock buffs lol. Deal 61 Death damage to attackers and restore 13 health to the caster. Serioiusly lol? I know some guys that don't even bother buffing there locks becuase other class's see them as easy targets. Actually those same guys I know have gone to the Pryo/Dom or Pyro/Chlor, think i'm the only one in are guild that runs around in a warfront using a warlock.

4: The defensive cool downs are 3 Min. One reduces damage taken by 80% for 7 seconds lol, Um ya, think the warlock is goiing to need little more time then that. Making it 90% damage reduction for 10 sec might help. Making it a 30 second cool down wouold help. You got warriors running around using rift storm doing 3k or more dps in 2.5 second just from that one ability. Rift storm use to be a 2min cooldown. Now they can use it every 30 sec lol.

5:Then theres that 2 min healing/damaging ablity. With a 1 min cool down lol. Why not make it 30 sec? Necro has the Soul Purge that has no cool down? Most of the time I use that ability, it gets interuppted lol. No sence even having that ablity in the tree, its useless in PVP.

6:Why doesn't the Warlock have a skill like ground of Strength?

7, Warlocks need a 15% speed buff or soemthing so they can keep out off melee range lol. You know, something that can help them run away when they see a warrior or Pyro. Or mayby give them an ability to vanish or something lol.

8. Why am I posting this?
    Last edited by MapleTiger; 04-22-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Warlock is kind of the red headed stepchild of PVP (assuming you went 51 into it). For that matter so is elem, SC, necro, and archon.

I think mages just need to accept a few facts:

Anything with a pet is a solo grind build.
    Warlock has better synergy with pyro than necro.
    Elem, necro, archon, SC are not PVP souls (for "floater" pts perhaps but going deep into any of these souls is typically a bad idea)
    Dots are still pretty awful
    Pyro gets solid dmg and utility abilities for PVP
    Domi gets a lot of utility abilities for PVP
    Chloro can "kind of" heal (until a dps decides he/she wants you dead)

Mages are kind of left with 51 pyro, pyro/dom, chloro/dom, (51 chloro is kind of viable...but just a little focus fire WILL melt you - don't believe for a second dps can peel people off you with CC etc in a WF cuz everyone is nearly always immune, and if not break free will give em 5s to beat on you anyways).
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Ya, got a two specs atm. I use to have 51 Warlock and 15 Chlor, but that was only good for questing. I tride and am trying 50 Warlock and 16 Necro, thinking the death damage from SoulPurge and heal will help me surive longe enougfh to surive lol.

I also have a 44 Warlock, 8 Chlor, and 10 Dom. I use the Dom for removing curse ect before hittiing bloom. I also use Dom for Debuffing people.

I think I might try the Pyro/Dom this sunday and see what its like.

Whatever you decide remember these two things:

11 pts SC = Ride the Wind (incredibly powerful ability)
    6 pts Archon = Flowing Sands (not quite as powerful as RtW but still capable of getting you out of a jam)

As a mage, CC/snares/kites are unreliable at best with the immunities from DR flying around and nearly every gap closer breaking said effects topped off with 5s immunity from Break Free. You never need worry about any of those problems with either of the abilities from SC or Archon.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Rift Master

I'm a huge advocate of fixing dots in pvp because a) it'd be nice to see more attrition specs alongside all of the "boomheadshot" and b) I enjoy the concept of the slow burn dot caster.

The "double build up" you're referring to is a huge issue. Every mage spec, even pyro, is backloaded because of the charge mechanic. A dot caster is essentially double backloaded; you cast debuffs to build charge, initiate your damage mod (ED), then recast all of your debuffs. It's a process that is not remotely viable in a fast-paced pvp environment.

Obvious solution (though possibly complex fix) would be to allow pre-existing damage effects (debuffs) to benefit from casted damage mods. You'd stack all of your dots while building up your charge, then pop ED and buff all of the dots you've already cast. That sounds crazy to some people, I'm sure, but there will always be an upper limit to how many dots you can have active at any one time based on aggregate cast times and individual spell durations.

+ Reply to Thread