Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Congratulations Trion: You Broke PVP

Rift Disciple

Default Congratulations Trion: You Broke PVP

So, you decided to super nerf HPS while buffing DPS. How could that go wrong?

We're all watching:

-Warriors two shotting people
    -Rift storm taking out 4-5 at a time
    -Rogues in lesser gear soloing healing clerics
    -QQs in WFs because Clerics have doubled the "Pyro" population
    -KBs (in some cases) doubling what they used to
    -Life spans cut so short it becomes a race to get four shots off before dying

I am beginning to suspect you don't WANT to have PVP in your game.

My sub ends on Tuesday.

True to my word. I, and my two friends (who ironically brought me back to the game) are not resubbing, unless by Tuesday you have SOME kind of announcement to explain why and how you're going to fix this mess you call an "Update."

My two cents. Rage responsibly.
    Last edited by Costs; 04-22-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    So, you decided to super nerf HPS while buffing DPS. How could that go wrong?

We're all watching:

-Warriors two shotting people
    -Rift storm taking out 4-5 at a time
    -Rogues in lesser gear soloing healing clerics
    -QQs in WFs because Clerics have doubled the "Pyro" population
    -KBs (in some cases) doubling what they used to
    -Life spans cut so short it becomes a race to get four shots off before dying

I am beginning to suspect you don't WANT to have PVP in your game.

My sub ends on Tuesday.

True to my word. I, and my two friends (who ironically brought me back to the game) are not resubbing, unless by Tuesday you have SOME kind of announcement to explain why and how you're going to fix this mess you call an "Update."

My two cents. Rage responsibly.
    Lol. heres a hint, if a warrior is 2 shoting you, stop sending your level 30 at that p 40 warrior. If your 50 and have your valor on, a warrior is not 2 shotting you. Period. (unless you have soul sickness and forgot your valor, then ya.) Warriors are now doing the same amount of damage that the following souls could always do: Inquisitor, cabilist, storm caller, pyro, pyro/dom, nightblade, and MM. Man, its so terrible that warriors should do as much damage as EVERY OTHER CLASS IN THE GAME. Only they do it with no range, no survival cds, less mobility, and less field survivability in general.

I cant tell you how many ranged classes I bumped into this weekend who were wearing raiding gear... no wonder you get killed so fast... equip your valor folks.

Default lol

Don't blame you.

Was in one Warfont tonight, not only were the warriors killing you in a few seconds, but I had the same Pyro/Dom kill my Warlock in 2 secs flat 3 time in a row. Not just Warriors that are OP atm.

I was using pvp gear.

I'd like to see is each Mage dps class be balanced so that if they have equal gear, the more skilled player should win.

But ya, they should do something. I also got a buddy that decied enough was enough and stopped playing. Think he usualy played the Chlor/Dom.
    Last edited by MapleTiger; 04-22-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jerwel View Post
    Warriors are now doing the same amount of damage that the following souls could always do: Inquisitor, cabilist, storm caller, pyro, pyro/dom, nightblade, and MM.
    We're not all stupid. Most of us have parsers. We see warriors are doing MORE damage AND are focusing more of it on single targets.

Yes, all the above CAN do lot's of damage if they have plenty of cover and focus AOE.

Warriors, on the other hand, are just charging in and doing that dmg with no induction, no need for cover/LOS, and much much better survivability.

I know you like your new OP toy, but stop trying to pee on our heads and tell us that it's rain.

We're not all stupid. Most of us have parsers. We see warriors are doing MORE damage AND are focusing more of it on single targets.

Yes, all the above CAN do lot's of damage if they have plenty of cover and focus AOE.

Warriors, on the other hand, are just charging in and doing that dmg with no induction, no need for cover/LOS, and much much better survivability.

I know you like your new OP toy, but stop trying to pee on our heads and tell us that it's rain.
    So you are another one of those people who thinks you should be able to face tank warriors. If a warrior gets in your face and you can't peel him you should die, warriors have been the laughing stock of PvP for a long time now, they deserved a boost.
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Plane Touched

Nice that chloro got a little buff but gutting healing clerics was not the right way to do this...

Also not sure what's going on with warriors but I noticed it too, no one can tank them, not even other warriors heh ;p ...

Everyone is doing to much damage.

Champion of Telara

Pyro, inquisitor, mm, and nb are st focused souls, and put out every bit as much damage as a warrior. Most are capable of larger burst than the warrior, but even out over time (inquisitor and pyro), and nbs have survivability cds and better mobility than warriors. Warriors that are doing the kind of damage that you speak of HAVE NO MORE SURVIVABILITY than any other class. Plate means nothing in this game as everyone chucks elemental damage around. Warriors have MAYBE 1k more hp, but are limited to melee range where the other classes are not. They also have no healing abilities, and no cds worth mentioning, unlike other classes. Try again.

Rift Disciple

I haven't seen this at all, I pvp all the time. #1 pvp overall for my server to flex my epeen actually. I believe the nerf was mainly to the stacking cleric heals, well clerics aren't the only ones healing now, pyro/dom is so 1.7 now, Pyro/chlor is the new flavor in your ear. So there are heals, and if you don't have them sorry.

I don't see what's wrong with dying in less than 10 seconds.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Clerics and mages still play cab and SC?

Warriors don't have a partially restored ToL, etc? I know it got super nerfed, but that super nerf has already been rolled back.

I've been thinking quite a bit about melee dmg lately, and I think the numero uno problem is break free (2nd big problem is gap closers, I'll get to those later). Break free granting 5s immunity to CC type effects is incredibly powerful against any class relying on some sort of CC to keep that melee away. As for gap closers? I think it's old news with NB/RS and their complete CC/kite immunity while porting. Warriors get riftwalk that refreshes on crit as well as access to various other closer abilities. Personally I think Trion made a VERY foolish decision to give warriors leap. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...if the max range of a class is designed to be 20m then giving said class an ability that increases effective range past that point is just plain poor design.

With the number of gap closers melee have access to as well as the 5s immunity to CC granted from break free the only class/build that can effectively kite well against a good melee is MM (please note the word "good" there - I'm sorry but if you're having issues staying in melee range given all the tools at your disposal you just don't qualify for that adjective). Cleric dps have incredibly limited "gap spreaders" and mages have a few more options. I'm not sure on the range of the cleric port (pretty sure it's a mirror of flicker - 15m) but we rely on CC effects to get some distance on melee. With closers breaking CC and break free granting 5s immunity this means once melee is on you they are on you for good.

This effectively means that in order to kill a good melee as ranged the best (and typically only) way to do so is to NEVER let them get into melee range because once they are there you can not get them OUT of 20m/melee range (outside of flicker/heatwave/flicker). Pretty poor fight design imo.

My advice to mages is adapt your builds around 11pts SC or 6pts Archon. Why? Ride the Wind and/or Flowing Sands. Both provide speed buffs, and in a game where it's impossible to impede the movement of melee through kites/snares/CC your best bet is something that buffs you personally instead. Even if the target is immune to the kite effect of Sands you'll still get the 25% speed buff. Clerics? I really don't know what to tell you.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Plane Touched

everyone is doing to much damage. and yes warriors are op, the reason you arent realizing this is because warriors play like....warriors.when you overextend you die that simple. been playing on an r24 warrior and matching everyone elses damage and kbs. played against a full r40 premade with a lowbie team and i was 24/1 while highest on their team was someone with pocket heals and 15 kills as a pyro.point is i can jump on any rank player...and **** them up as an r24.i can only imagine what i would do as an r40...if things arent dieing for you at this point your doing it wrong becuase i cant even name four warrior abilities and i have two macros that i spam.
    with this said warriors are not the only thing wrong atm there are multiple things.

LOL WARRIOR DPS
    LOL CLERIC HEALS

A War killed me.

A Rogue killed me.

A Mage killed me. Nerf Mages!

Not only do I have a rank 17 Mage, I also have a rank 10 Warrior - 44 RB and 22 Warlord atm. I like it. I don't play it has much as the mage atm. Now that I read that post. I think I'm going to trying putting some points into Archon ot SC for the speed boost. It should help my Warlock live longer. Should be interesting.

Rift Chaser

What spaceboots said. With Seals, the trickling in of ID gear that will just increase and soon a new pvp tier, damage is getting ahead of defense across the board. All dps needs an adjustment down a little in pvp.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast