+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: A PVP discussion: Pyro vs Inquisitor

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    276

    Default A PVP discussion: Pyro vs Inquisitor

    It seems to me that 51 inquisitor is lacking a lot of utility when compared to pyro in pvp, which are two souls that can be compared easily for their similarities. These two specs have similar burst with 51inq coming out on top. Mages however have more hp, flicker, a lower gcd and the ability to spec into dom or chloro which will increase their survivability or ability to get away significantly.

    Inquisitor has an aoe fear on a long cd, and a cc that is unwise to cast in the heat of combat or being chased around (cannot be used like transmogrify in the slightest), and Nysry's rebuke. We will also get healing breathe, but this doesn't help us a ton as we're getting chased by a melee.

    This to me seems...dare I say, unbalanced.

    Discuss.
    <Addiction>

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Pyro pyro pyro x10times pyro

    Tho in theory as inquiz you cna get a 51inq spec with a cleanse whcih "should" at least one on one be able to kill them pyros even tho its gonna have a more limited dps output (purge combined with a self cleanse)
    In general I go unnoticed in pvp untill i get like 7-10 kbs while being top dps overall on my 51inq spec then i start getting some focus and its bye bye mr Inquiz.
    Last edited by Alex113; 04-21-2012 at 05:17 AM.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    276

    Default

    to be quite honest i dont know a lot about mages, but they're really the only class keeping up with me in st dmg / kbs. no other inqs are doing this, but i see more than a handful of mages who can achieve this.
    <Addiction>

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Contempt > Flicker x10
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Contempt > Flicker x10
    noooooooooooooooo

    no
    <Addiction>

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    276

    Default

    when you're running away from a melee and spamming vex + hb on cd, there is no way that these two things will mitigate the dmg against an equally geared opposition and there is no real way for you to get away from them without the aide of mirrors, assuming they don't have break free up (which is on a pretty short cd)

    once they get into melee range, your chances for survival are quite slim and this leaves much less room for error as an inquisitor.

    a mage however can trans + ****, or flicker + **** making them much more forgiving
    Last edited by Harmarofwhitecastle; 04-21-2012 at 05:54 AM.
    <Addiction>

  7. #7
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Contempt > Flicker x10
    Not really.....
    Removing yourself from a situation is better than staying in a situations and hoping the heal : damage ratio works in your favor.

    I do think pyro is stronger (and has a plethora of more options) than inqui.

    I don't see a way to equalize it more that wont tip it to clerics favor.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    276

    Default

    dark passage 10 pts or lower in cabalist
    Last edited by Harmarofwhitecastle; 04-21-2012 at 06:02 AM. Reason: sometimes a dream is just a dream
    <Addiction>

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Another thing I forgot to mention: Pushback lol

    As well as a root. Having a look through the mage souls for the first time and I'm gazing at all these useful abilities that are so low in the tree in envy.
    Last edited by Harmarofwhitecastle; 04-21-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    <Addiction>

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Kakaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmarofwhitecastle View Post
    It seems to me that 51 inquisitor is lacking a lot of utility when compared to pyro in pvp, which are two souls that can be compared easily for their similarities. These two specs have similar burst with 51inq coming out on top. Mages however have more hp, flicker, a lower gcd and the ability to spec into dom or chloro which will increase their survivability or ability to get away significantly.

    Inquisitor has an aoe fear on a long cd, and a cc that is unwise to cast in the heat of combat or being chased around (cannot be used like transmogrify in the slightest), and Nysry's rebuke. We will also get healing breathe, but this doesn't help us a ton as we're getting chased by a melee.

    This to me seems...dare I say, unbalanced.

    Discuss.
    idk if u r comparing to just pyro or pyro/domino but pyro/domino is reknown op spec.

    if u r comparing to regular pyro i dont think inquistor is really behind.
    Inquisitor snare is far better than pyro one, and what about dmg converting to ur self heal?
    ur dot does take big of part of dmg and that heals you.

    em... also very short cool down knock back. and instant cast 2 dispell every 10sec.

    o i almsot forgot. also have anti silence buff.



    but as my rogue's view, it doesn't matter what inquistor does becuse it is not thereatning me
    anyway pyro too is very nothing unless its mixed with domino;
    just like 51 champion is strong but very stupid and easy to kill.
    Last edited by Kakaru; 04-21-2012 at 06:33 AM.





  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kakaru View Post
    idk if u r comparing to just pyro or pyro/domino but pyro/domino is reknown op spec.

    if u r comparing to regular pyro i dont think inquistor is really behind.
    Inquisitor snare is far better than pyro one, and what about dmg converting to ur self heal?
    ur dot does take big of part of dmg and that heals you.

    em... also very short cool down knock back. and instant cast 2 dispell every 10sec.

    o i almsot forgot. also have anti silence buff.



    but as my rogue's view, it doesn't matter what inquistor does becuse it is not thereatning me
    anyway pyro too is very nothing unless its mixed with domino;
    just like 51 champion is strong but very stupid and easy to kill.

    even pyro has more utility in itself. flicker, root, disarm, dmg shield, a real damage cooldown for those "oh ****" moments, but when paired with dominator, it just seems like you have so many more options than 1,2,3, 4(once a minute) of inquisitor
    <Addiction>

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Crazio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Just delete the Mage class and let Clerics took over their jobs. Simple.
    A class with Superior Heals than any other class + Pyro Dps and Utilities.
    Isnt that great?

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazio View Post
    Just delete the Mage class and let Clerics took over their jobs. Simple.
    A class with Superior Heals than any other class + Pyro Dps and Utilities.
    Isnt that great?
    Going to shut down this argument real quick here.

    Show me a build where a 51 inquisitor is doing comparable damage to a mage and providing the best heals in the game.
    <Addiction>

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Today is no longer 4/20 you have no reason to keep making posts that are this stupid.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    Today is no longer 4/20 you have no reason to keep making posts that are this stupid.
    u dps on your mage and heal on ur cleric in pvp...
    <Addiction>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts