+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Whitefall Steppes Avalanche

Default Whitefall Steppes Avalanche

So, what are your opinions of Whitefall Steppes Avalanche?
    I am not too happy about it if I'm honest. As a rogue I now feel kind of useless in Whitefall. I have recently been working on my Whitefall achievements, one I still need is to carry the flag 100 times. With my ports and sprint abilities I was able to do this reasonably well. Often I'd be stopped by the opposing team, othertimes I would make it back to our base and score a point. Now rogues can no longer sprint or shadow shift with the flag. We can't even pick up the speed power ups, which makes no sense to me. Why have the speed power ups in the match if they are not usable for the flag carrier?
    The only way to now win Whitefall is to have the best healers and dps on your team. Before if you had a weak team but a strong carrier, there was a chance you could win, now it's a lot less fun and it's simply down to the better heals and dps. Also the other classes have a better chance of carrying the flag than a rogue. Clerics and Mages can self heal, even Warriors have a self heal ability as well as having more defence. For me as a rogue Whitefall has lost all of it's fun and I really hope they will change it back to how it was, or at least allow the speed power ups to be used.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    So, what are your opinions of Whitefall Steppes Avalanche?
    I am not too happy about it if I'm honest. As a rogue I now feel kind of useless in Whitefall. I have recently been working on my Whitefall achievements, one I still need is to carry the flag 100 times. With my ports and sprint abilities I was able to do this reasonably well. Often I'd be stopped by the opposing team, othertimes I would make it back to our base and score a point. Now rogues can no longer sprint or shadow shift with the flag. We can't even pick up the speed power ups, which makes no sense to me. Why have the speed power ups in the match if they are not usable for the flag carrier?
    The only way to now win Whitefall is to have the best healers and dps on your team. Before if you had a weak team but a strong carrier, there was a chance you could win, now it's a lot less fun and it's simply down to the better heals and dps. Also the other classes have a better chance of carrying the flag than a rogue. Clerics and Mages can self heal, even Warriors have a self heal ability as well as having more defence. For me as a rogue Whitefall has lost all of it's fun and I really hope they will change it back to how it was, or at least allow the speed power ups to be used.
    Probably you would have to do it the old fashion way, like the rest of the classes when they try to make the achievement ;)

I think it is an amazing addition and I actually queue for it now.

Whitefall is a great killing field and all the cheese is gone now without runner rogues breaking the game.

Riftstalker tanks get completely screwed without blinks.

Feedback from the pts completely ignroed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post

Sucks to be you.
    Last edited by Robes; 04-20-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Guarded Steel.

How do you propose to get in melee range to use guarded steel without blinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Watching flag carriers do figure 8's through the blue ball, then stop and /say "it's bugged wtf"...almost more fun than playing. Glad to see trion stuck with the PTS changes though and didn't waffle on the teleport nerf.
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

How do you propose to get in melee range to use guarded steel without blinks?
    lol .
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

so im guessing now it will only be carried by unkillable tank warriors end to end with the whole team beating on them? err wait noones beating on them because everyones in the middle with no friggen clue theres even a flag involved

if they really nerfed the rogue flag runner specs well hell thanks for the warning now i got a spec i can remove so i can try this sab everyone is talking about both sad and happy face well i guess actually 2 sad faces since now the only thing i have to do iis run to the middle like everyone else and say flag whats that

/sigh

players: wahhhh flag runners end the game to fast nerf em
    trion: ok we did
    players: good now we can enjoy our 15 min 0 0 noone touched the flag ever slugfests in the middle

Prophet of Telara

If I can deal with the healer nerfs in all warfronts, you can take this one in only one. lol.

So rogues lost 5 ports and sprints and etc etc.

Mages lost flicker...really? Was flicker THAT much of a gamebreaker that people couldn't catch a mage using it? Sheesh, I can understand nerfing the speed buffs etc but this seems a bit much.

So, mages who have flicker in your build - do NOT touch the fang in whitefall unless your team can carry you 100%. I learned that the hard way...

Grab flag
    Jumped by warrior and rogue
    What the hell? Flicker ain't working?!
    Oh crap...that's right, it was too OP to carry flag with so it got disable for flag running. Guess gap closers of 20m and flicker being 15m was out of whack.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Plane Touched

1st match, I got 2 flags and the Wonder Winner (or something like that) on my lil rogue. Big problem ofc was that without blinks, RS has no shield. On the whole I like the changes. Teams seem to be hanging together more.

Ishmael P77
    Shatari P77
    Astelle L54
    Stormbull L50

Ascendant

Warfront is way better now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The only way to now win Whitefall is to have the best healers and dps on your team.
    This made me laugh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast