+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reqeust spell power on shields for clerics

Champion

Default Reqeust spell power on shields for clerics

I think putting spell power on shields for clerics would open up the option for being able to pvp as melee. Simply equipping a shield, without factoring in the loss of spell power, is a substantial dps loss for clerics. Speccing far enough into justicar to get some damage reduction(28 points) is another drastic reduction in damage. Now remove 350 ish spell power, and dps against pvp targets is so negligible that it just is not viable.

Since justicars no longer gain mitigation from spell power, this would not cause a pve tank balance issue other than threat, which is easily tweaked via mien of leadership.

I dont want an overpowered melee cleric class, and i dont think this would do that.

There would be a substantial dps loss due to 1h vs 2h, and from the heavy investment into justicar. But with the added spellpower it would not be a totally gimp non- viable option.

Plane Touched

I've wanted a shield with spell power a few times myself.
    I was guessing they didn't want full ranged healer builds running around with Block and the extra armor.
    Would be nice though.

Champion

There are alot of complaints right now with cleric healer survivability, as most pvp cleric healing specs had at least 26 pts in warden and relied heavily on those stacks of hots to get through silences/stuns or have time to get a cast off. Perhaps having a shield in pvp would help this. Healers/casters would drop alot of heals/dps in order to gain the full benefit of using a shield, as should be the case.

+ Reply to Thread