+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Unfair matches -> Where are the matched warfronts gone to?

Soulwalker

Default Unfair matches -> Where are the matched warfronts gone to?

Basically since patch 1.8 I have been in one matched warfront. Which was a 29-40 one. And I am rank 16.
    So yeah, basically my question is: what is up with that?

I am a new player (account created around the beta) and currently playing a rogue in full T1 pvp gear.
    How am I supposed to battle against p40 players with up to double my health depending on the class? If I do not play a riftstalker build I plain and simply get killed in mere seconds before I even have the chance to get my first damage in. I -have- to play NB/RS just because otherwise I get blown up. Now I can just pop a cooldown or 3 and survive a little longer. Doesn't matter though, since no matter how much I try I can't for the life of me kill any of those higher geared/ranked players. Rogues simply outdamage me, warriors outlast me, mages and clerics simply outheal/absorb me and do at least as much damage as I do. Cleanse Soul the debuffs only adds a few seconds to my inevitable death.

Now to be fair, I'm probably not the best rogue around by far. But, if this really is a skill issue, then why do I rank among the top players in most 1-20 matched warfronts? If so, please enlighten me on how I should opperate to make gear a non-issue without playing a MM and spamming fan out.

Basically all I ask for is warfronts where I can battle players with similar gear/PA to me. Not the stomps that are the random warfronts.

(Also: getting geared up takes a whopping 2 months of playing 5 hours every day, little steep if I have to battle p40's all day)

Ascendant

Unfortunately, those match up glitches do occur (at least I think it's a glitch). Not much you can do other than just play and move on to the next queue. As a rank 40, I was matched into a rank 1-20 or whatever for Whitefall, and yeah, it was like shooting fish a barrel. Guardians were losing 0-2 I think, but having me as a rank 40 being "matched" in there pretty much turned it into a 3-2 win. :\ Fortunately, those glitches are rare.

I haven't PvP'ed much since 1.8 came out, other than to do the daily, but I've been matched in the appropriate group for all cases.
    Last edited by Adastra; 04-20-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Yeah those glitches don't seem to happen that often luckily, but otherwise I do get into a lot of "unranked" warfronts. Basically free for all.

Those tend to roll into the favor of who has most skilled/geared players for me.
    I'd rather queue for 5 minutes and be in the 10-25 ranking spread tbh, or 1-20, but that is the other way around as I stomp the people in there.. so while less annoying for me, it doesn't solve the problem.

Shield of Telara

Unfortunately the best thing for your team might be bard if you keep getting into these high ranked matches. The PvP Trion put in is a load of crap and for me something you do when bored/you want to blow something up.

Champion of Telara

My guess those glitches occure because of one of two things: first the condition for both is that the wf was full but someone dropped. Then one of two things is going on: the game "forgets" its a ranked wf when it pulls in a new player, or the only player TO pull in is outside the ranking. Thats my theory behind it anyway.

Glitch? No, not even close. If not enough players for a full ranked match are que'd up, it will then select anyone to fill the slots. Given that, the entire match making system is a steam pile of ****!

Kind of funny they made the brackets smaller - exactly what I suggest would happen did. The players on the extreme ends of the bell curve would either be OP or in hell. In my case, I am an r40 and I found myself in a rank 1 - 11 game or something. On my MM everyone is dead in a finisher cycle or less. Silly.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Kalle is back View Post
    Glitch? No, not even close. If not enough players for a full ranked match are que'd up, it will then select anyone to fill the slots. Given that, the entire match making system is a steam pile of ****!
    this

and btw no this didnt just start with 1.8 patch. at least not for me. getting ready to quit this game again seriously. rank 19 and still getting 1 shot all day long by rank 40s isnt fun and neither would be being rank 40 1 shotting others. ive noticed in the last 2 or 3 weeks i bet in that entire time ive been in only 1 ranked match seriously. what im mabey guessing is now what this guy said or what i was thinking was people bypass the rank system by being rank 40 and queing with a rank 1 on purpose? so they can feel all godly and mighty 1 shotting people.

seriously just remove the ranks already so we arent held back on gear. i still gotta buy this item to get that item. your rank system has always been fail at best. either this or make us wait in que for our ranked bracket to fill. no more of this rank 40s 1 shotting rank 1 crap. i just did a wf where our whole side just got farmed at start point everyone getting non stop 1 shot from their team start to finish. i wish i was lying but im not. we all spawn insta die and wait for respawn in 1 whole group entire match. what a joke. ya that was sooooooooo fun. reminded me of the old warsong bg days. but at least there people didnt get 1 shotted all match long

edit btw match i just did was on my rank 9 warrior not my rank 19 rogue
    Last edited by puredeath; 04-20-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by puredeath View Post
    getting ready to quit this game again seriously.
    >.<

Do you want to rank up fast or fight even games all the way to rank 40 and it take five times as long?

Do you think it's fair that when you get there you should only get a warfront pop after half an hour+ of queueing?

That's what it boils down to, no system will be perfect for everyone, but I'm sure deep down the majority would prefer instants pops to half an hour waits inbetween every warfront.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    >.<

Do you want to rank up fast or fight even games all the way to rank 40 and it take five times as long?
    I wouldn't care how long it took me to get to R40 if 3/4+ of my WF's were matched.
    Do you think it's fair that when you get there you should only get a warfront pop after half an hour+ of queueing?

That's what it boils down to, no system will be perfect for everyone, but I'm sure deep down the majority would prefer instants pops to half an hour waits inbetween every warfront.
    It doesn't need to be a half hour. With the merc system and the insta-queues we're experiencing now, there's plenty of wiggle room to tweak the matching system. They don't need to crank it up to 11, just increase the prioritization to a point where we can get more matched WF's while waiting a reasonable amount of time in queue.

I don't need insta-queues to make me happy. I'd take 3 - 5 minutes per queue if it meant that the quality of my PvP experience went up a enough to justify the extra wait.
    Last edited by Meina; 04-20-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    >.<

1st i dont know where you get rank up fast to 40 cause it took me forever to get to 19 playing a spec i dont like just to attempt to kite them prolonging my death once they get to me and 1 2 or 3 shot me because i see 90% unranked matches to like 10% ranked matches so im guessing thats like 1 in 15 games ill actually find a group where i can go to my beloved assasin spec and enjoy ambushing competition and getting a kill here and there instead of being outright perm murdered and farmed like a lvl 1 vs a lvl 50. i gave up at rank 19 out of complete frustration and rerolled got that toon to 50 realized its just gonna take me forever again so now its pretty much hit 10 pvp to 50 abandon toon repeat. i even go pve lvl my toons when i get to x7 to x9 cause by then im running the x0 to x5s over and that to me is very lame and boring. so ya id have no problem taking a hour que to fight competition and not be farmed or farm em like a lvl 1 vs a lvl 50. not like it would ever be over 10 mins with the merc system at that.

2nd personally (and i know alot of you people with your sense of entitlement and epeen will flip out when i say this one) i would like to see them outright throw this fail system out including all but the last rank of gear and adopt WoWs season system where a new gear set comes out everytime a new raid comes out so its on par with pve'ers. its not the gear i pvp for. its the competition. in wow id be in full gear and still pvp all day everyday with nothing to gain but entertainment. you know actual fun. at least there whole teams arent getting perm steam rolled like lvl 1s vs lvl 50s as it feels like that here.

as for now i guess its just outright abandon my toons at 50 and enjoy lvling in wf's or mabey its time for me to take a break again. getting farmed all day every day just to get higher ranked so i can farm others all day everyday isnt my idea of fun whatsoever on either side of that field. if wow didnt murder their talent trees so bad and rift make their talent trees so awsome i woulda went back to wow pvp long ago. at least there it was competitive and not just a perm steamroll or get steamrolled. now that they murdered their talent system ill never return there. im just sooooooo frustrated here ive kinda gave up on even bothering. you might enjoy 1 shotting people but i dont. i also dont wanna spend weeks/months getting 1 shot just to get to rank 40 then be back at square 1 1 shotting people.

hey if i have to wait 5+hours for a que to pop where ill get a even entertaining battle no prob. ill just do rifts while i wait because i enjoy those alot to. anything that feels like mass war(not mass slaughter) i love. i could even bore myself with EI dailies to kill the time. there is plenty of things to do while i wait in que. i could even go back and do the quests for zone achievements. again though i bet their wouldnt be or if there was the que wouldnt be longer then a 1/2 hour tops which is fine by me

to me atm the only good pvp is 10 to 49

Rift Disciple

I don't think they have matched matches anymore, least I haven't seen one yet. Don't think trion had the numbers to implement it in the first place, every matched fight I was in wasn't matched to begin with cause they couldn't fill the teams with the proper ranks.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by redrox View Post
    I don't think they have matched matches anymore, least I haven't seen one yet. Don't think trion had the numbers to implement it in the first place, every matched fight I was in wasn't matched to begin with cause they couldn't fill the teams with the proper ranks.
    Well considering I have near instaqueues, I'm guessing the number of players that pvp isn't -that- small.
    So I suppose that if they made the ranks stricter, you would have to wait a few minutes but then at least have a match where skill matters instead of gear/rank.

I mean rift has by far the best system for talent trees in all games that I have played (well aside from Neverwinter Nights, but that isn't an mmo.. best pvp ever though). I can't count the times I have already respecced just to get that 1 extra damage out of my rogue or to try a different way of playing.
    To me it's a waste that gear/rank overshadows this so much.

I noticed this at least one week before 1.8. My R13 char was being put constantly into matched warfronts 29-40.
    Sonnet - R40 Rogue - Blightweald (Defiant)
    Sonett - R16 Cleric - Icewatch (Defiant)
    Sonet - R15 Mage - Blightweald (Guardian) <- Active

Overall Rift is an awesome game. Great soul system. Great to look at. But the PvP population is smaller now, and they do what they can:

If the matcher showed you the pool it is drawing from, you would probably see immediately that no matched game is possible with the set of players waiting to play.

From seeing the same names match after match, you KNOW it is a small pool of players now. Not a lot to choose from. So each match can be almost a repeat of the last for a while, too.

Can't wait for a better PvP game to arrive, like next month even, I hope.
    Last edited by Jural; 04-21-2012 at 07:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast