+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Weee Saboteur 1.8 action (Video)

Default Weee Saboteur 1.8 action (Video)

I promise the music works in your country this time.

I <3 sab so I tried to record some aoe action, to hopefully show what they do best. Had as epic bridge fight that carried for a bit in Port Scion. For the curious and Sab fans figured I would make a video of one Maybe more to come.

- gratuitous sab action
    - music about bombs
    - (heals still work, because I got them)
    - one helluva curve ball (you'll know it when you see it)

That's mostly it, just sporting sab now that they can make a dent on a crowd like they mean it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFEHBT5bVVY

pew pew
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-20-2012 at 01:31 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

My favorite part of Sab 1.8 is I don't have to apologize now at the start of a match.

As much as I loathe sabs, it's nice to see something other than Fan Out and Eradicate coming from a Rogue these days.

Sword of Telara

My favorite is when I drop the stink cloud on folks... and they stand in it for the entire duration. I'm like... "did you forget basic pve mechanics even?"
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

What I really like is that Sabs don't really need any buffs to perform. I noticed in the vid the only buff I forgot was my End buff. MM, Sin, RS (and bard of course) are so bent on buffs helping them perform its annoying when they get stripped. Sab is always good to go! Had a 1.6m PS in that game. Want to put out 2m damage

I still say people should take note of how my team only had really a small handful of healers for those 20 people. To endure a battle that long as a Sab IMO is pure showcase that healers can be that amazing healer they want to be. I still have to give props everytime I watch myself in that video take such an onslaught of damage. Healers don't work anymore!!!~1

I liked the shout quote mid game "NOW THIS IS WHAT WARFRONTS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE LIKE"
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-20-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Sab is the main reason I picked Rogue for an alt when I first started playing. I soon saw just how ineffective they were at that time so I had to choose a different play style for it. So glad for the changes.

Why do you keep jumping? I always wondered why people do that, is it because they think it looks cool?

You should also try using your silence bomb.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Why do you keep jumping? I always wondered why people do that, is it because they think it looks cool?

You should also try using your silence bomb.

Honestly it is habit - it's not like I do it to gain any tactical advantage. Sometimes if I am dealing with an edge though you can hit someone mid air and not standing if you are on the verge of LoS. Really though it's just a pure quirky habit of some sort - I don't really do it on my MM (try to stand still) or sin (makes it harder). And it certainly isn't good to do in FPS either. Not sure where it's from.

I used to use the silent bomb a lot. I have recently nixed it and decided it is just not leet enough compared to the damage. It will just make people run away and that will make it more annoying to aoe them. Combine that disdain with the fact that DR is dumb and I'd be damned if I didn't see at least 1 - 3 immunes every drop. Sab got big, silence bomb had to go. Most people aren't dumb, they just move. As you can see though, I put it on my hotbar twice so that if a clutch moment comes where I *need* that silence bomb, I have a higher chance to freak and hit it - being on the hotbar twice and all.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-20-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I've found the trick to silence bomb is to apply the snare bomb first. For healer fun load 5 charges, snare bomb and then stack the silence bomb on top of them before attacking.

After doing that consistently to healers for a while healers will start kiting as soon as they see the snare bomb. You can get them to kite without even attacking them, it's fun to do when silence bomb is on CD. They can't kite and cast healing communion.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-20-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Ldy1-3eX4 cab video for reference

Gonna max out fishing then try sab out in scion. Looks fun. Especially with healer nerfs making them mortal.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 04-20-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I've found the trick to silence bomb is to apply the snare bomb first.....
    ....They can't kite and cast healing communion.
    Indeed dropping the other bombs over the snare bomb is the key . It does have it's moments I agree. I'll have to perhaps shimmy it back to a bind I can hit somewhere. As far as moments go though, for those particular 6 minutes, I was indeed just too enthralled in blowing up as much stuff as I could with the new and improved Sab.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Gonna max out fishing then try sab out in scion. Looks fun. Especially with healer nerfs making them mortal.
    It's very fun, in all the wf maps. They hit pretty hard now. I did switch a few times from MM to Sab to get the job done >.< I been waiting a long time for this patch though.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-20-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shadowlander

or use carpet bombing and spread your choking bombs to cover a wide area. or just spread fckloads of chemical bombs on the same spot for plenty of ticks

Plane Walker

I never tried sab with my P14 rouge, I was wondering if I should check it up.. Could you give me a link to a 1.8 sab guide, specs and macros please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    I never tried sab with my P14 rouge, I was wondering if I should check it up.. Could you give me a link to a 1.8 sab guide, specs and macros please.

Thanks.
    I don't know of any guide, macro or spec guide, I just make stuff up as I go.

Guide..have to ask someone else. I would just explain how I play one. Perhaps someone wrote a guide out there.

spec 51 imo is key. I feel like a ranged soul has to be involved otherwise it sucks since it will use your melee weapon to calculate dmg output. So I narrowed it down to 51sab/9nb/6rng or 51sab/10mm/5rs. Other specs look good on paper until you realize it's using your melee weapon to calculate damage. Sure some others have spec variations. That video has the spec that involves MM.

Macro's - don't use them on a sab. There is no need and I see no benefit it can cause but maybe hinder your situational potential.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post

Thanks.
    The spec is generally 51Sab/10MM/5RS. With MM and RS, you're aiming for the AP talents. With MM, you pick up 5% more ST damage along the way. I see some Sab/NB/RNG specs running around... I honestly don't know how those compare. I like the MM/RS one since I have no buffs to deal with, meaning, I don't have to deal with random rogues acting as Eradicator turrets.

Macros : None. I honestly don't think Sab can run macros and be effective. Your CDs are situational, Anni bomb is an AoE stun so you don't really want that macroed. You can't macro time bomb. Basically, you are going to have to be able to play with a lot of keybinds to hit. I mean, you CAN macro... but you would lose the ability to control when you use your CDs and whatnot. Sab has once a minute berserker type burst. Throwing bombs in the air like you just don't care. Trying to effectively use the CDs you need might be harder if they're macroed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast