+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Closing threads for Warden nerf QQ?

Telaran

Default Closing threads for Warden nerf QQ?

Wardens took a significant nerf in this patch and CMs are closing threads, but it's not clear why.

Try playing a role where you are targeted with raid numbers ("mark teh healz!") and having the whole enemy team train on you. Consider that there are abilities out there like vamp munitions that already do major damage to your healing output, not to mention that everyone has a stun or a silence. On top of this we get crappy WAR PA abilities like Retribution - what a terrible spell that is. It's not like we have any significant damage output to fight back anyway.

Anyone who thinks healers were OP previous patches hasn't played a healer in PVP.

I'm a pretty good healer, usually in the top 3 at the end of a match, but both before and after patch I still die a ton as a result of being focus fired. Now that my output has been hit so hard, I feel like I'm not contributing much to my team at all.

I've been playing RIFT for a long time now, and I have never been so frustrated with a change as I have been with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatpants View Post
    as a result of being focus fired.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

edit, i think i'll log in tomorrow just to see how these changes went over.
    Last edited by Robes; 04-19-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Plane Touched

the fact that you can put a number on someones have and it is eternally branded on this for the game is pretty op.

LOL WARRIOR DPS
    LOL CLERIC HEALS

Prophet of Telara

At the risk of getting flamed, I really haven't seen that much of a difference in healing. Maybe because I tested all the changes on the PTS and know that I have to be aware where I am and run to the back to heal myself and drink.

I cant just run in the front and heal like I used to, but that is ok. It is bringing skill back into the game for healers. I have become a heal and run guy now and let the DPS guys fight out.

I knew that I would be ok with the changes and for others that play smart but the days of a healer standing there doing nothing but healing is over.

I would like to be able to change my name every warfront though.
    Last edited by Tyaus; 04-19-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Rift Disciple

they remove the posts to do damage controll kind of the way the game says f the players if they dont like it

Jpd
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    At the risk of getting flamed, I really haven't seen that much of a difference in healing. Maybe because I tested all the changes on the PTS and know that I have to be aware where I am and run to the back to heal myself and drink.

I cant just run in the front and heal like I used to, but that is ok. It is bringing skill back into the game for healers. I have become a heal and run guy now and let the DPS guys fight out.

I knew that I would be ok with the changes and for others that play smart but the days of a healer standing there doing nothing but healing is over.

Well said. I agree with you a lot here. Like dps need to focus fire ppl down, healers need to focus heal ppl to keep them up. No more just running in and spamming ftw....heals need to work together to keep the raid up. It has become a more interesting game in my opinion. Was far too easy before....

I also agree about the name change, is it time to remove pvp raid marking?!?

Rift Disciple

before the patch ton of qqing that no healers in wf going to be lmao in gw2 when you cant get a healer at all

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by vg stoper View Post
    before the patch ton of qqing that no healers in wf going to be lmao in gw2 when you cant get a healer at all
    It's cool, they will cry as bads do in every game, but the devs won't balance around the tears of bads in gw2.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatpants View Post
    Wardens took a significant nerf in this patch and CMs are closing threads, but it's not clear why.

Try playing a role where you are targeted with raid numbers ("mark teh healz!") and having the whole enemy team train on you. Consider that there are abilities out there like vamp munitions that already do major damage to your healing output, not to mention that everyone has a stun or a silence. On top of this we get crappy WAR PA abilities like Retribution - what a terrible spell that is. It's not like we have any significant damage output to fight back anyway.

Anyone who thinks healers were OP previous patches hasn't played a healer in PVP.

I'm a pretty good healer, usually in the top 3 at the end of a match, but both before and after patch I still die a ton as a result of being focus fired. Now that my output has been hit so hard, I feel like I'm not contributing much to my team at all.

I've been playing RIFT for a long time now, and I have never been so frustrated with a change as I have been with this.

Everyone dies fast when focus fired, why shouldn't clerics?

Just mad cuz bad it sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Everyone dies fast when focus fired, why shouldn't clerics?

Just mad cuz bad it sounds
    Because they cannot really fire back.

IDK, sounds wrong. The guy without a gun, whose only weapon was lasting long enough for people with guns to help, can no longer last long enough. Sounds like an issue to me.

Champion of Telara

Clerics have very little right to complain about this.
    It was the constant cleric QQ that got us this silly change in the 1st place. The initial nerf (no SS stacking) was so much better (and fairer).

@Tyaus... I'm surprised you don't feel it. I thought it was quite noticeable. Of course me planting myself in the midst of enemy lines all the time might have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post

Tyaus is like the 9th or 10th best cleric pvp healer I know. I'll listen to him over the qq.

Haha at that name changing bit. Enjoy the number "1" on your head suckaa!
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 04-19-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Tyaus is like the 9th or 10th best cleric pvp healer I know. I'll listen to him over the qq.

Haha at that name changing bit. Enjoy the number "1" on your head suckaa!
    The 9th or 10th best cleric pvp healer you know. You make me laugh zyzyx. Also, **** healing, dps is where it's at.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    The 9th or 10th best cleric pvp healer you know. You make me laugh zyzyx. Also, **** healing, dps is where it's at.
    idd, trion are clueless about pvp and class balance. They constantly over-nerf and over-buff everything patch after patch after patch. L2DEV><

It's been said around these parts before that "good healers will still be good, bad healers will still be bad and stop healing".

You know... there is a double amputee who is competing in the Olympic racing trials as well. I expect that this performance is not the norm for double amputees, but maybe that's just me. Maybe we should start telling all of the other double amputees how much they suck and that they just need to get off of their collective arses.

I am still usually in the top 1-5 for healing depending on who I get in there with, as there are still quite a few awesome healers that blow me away, but I always considered myself competent. Now I'm an amputated version of myself, and am expected to start running those time trials, and if I don't I'm considered "mad cause bad" somehow.

I was actually told by a mage the other day that my healing sucked so bad that he could out-heal me and do damage at the same time. You know what? He was right at this point. Chloro healing previously was weaker than Cleric healing, because they had the ability to damage, and kill the enemy beating on them, a luxury I never received as a healing Cleric. So I put that **** on ignore and went LoLDPS, since I was at that point as the only marked healer being trained in the WF doing LoLHealing and had zero way to survive it without any support. May as well have myself some laughs.

It certainly takes more than one healer now, for sure. And it takes at least two people focusing on one person to be able to keep them up through any kind of decent focus fire, which I guess is cool because it took more than one person to kill another at times. Hope that one person was worth it though, because it will come at the expense of the rest of the raid derping around in LoLCabicar AoE damage. A lot of time is spent with healers scrambling around trying their best just to keep each other alive (if they're any good at least), and the group doesn't get any healing at that time either.

I have been used to having to LoS for heals and moving around since I was Sent/Ward spec due to my playstyle long before 1.8 in preparation, but the output loss is definitely noticeable. Way noticeable. A 40% reduction was not a nerf, it was a point-blank gunshot to the face and it doesn't matter how much Trion tries to deny it or remove posts because people are unhappy, they can't hide it or deny it.

My only hope for this game as a healing cleric, slim as it is, is that they reconsider the reduction or do some major correcting in other areas, such as giving us more CC for survivability since they left us with ****kall else.

Anyone else who wants to accuse a healing cleric of being lazy, a bad, a noob, etc. should roll a PvP healer and get to work to show them how it's done, or else politely StopTrollingFrackinUglies.
    Last edited by Edany; 04-20-2012 at 05:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast