+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My two cents on 1.8

Telaran

Default My two cents on 1.8

I try very hard not to complain at every turn in mmos, because developing a game is way harder than it sounds and having to balance everything perfectly is probably impossible. But goodness. I saw very little wrong with PVP before 1.8; I don't consider my class OP, or at least my spec, so I'd win some, lose some. It was fun.

My boyfriend is rank 28, and I am rank 40. Pre 1.8, I dueled him in his pvp healing spec - and 15 minutes later, he won. I felt that was ridiculous. But Warden didn't deserve THAT harsh a nerf. His spec is destroyed and unplayable from what he says, and he's since been theory crafting something that will be viable. My own cleric was warden for dungeons, and now that's out of the question I'm sure, but I haven't played him yet, so we'll see.

Another thing I noticed is that warriors are completely insane right now. I just spent a good 30 minutes trying to get my codex daily done, and most of that time I was waiting to respawn. Pre 1.8, warriors were annoying to deal with: you kite perfectly, keep your slows up, keep them off you, whittle them down and BAM, they full heal and then you're too low in health to do that all over again. But that was it - it was a DPS race and an idiot check.

I was two shot by a warrior today.

They are a class that has impeccable dodge, parry, block, absorb, and all manner of "LOL you aren't doing damage to this guy" notifications that pop up on my screen recently; a class that has a full heal, a class that can top off at 14k health, a class that can be an absolute juggernaut in pvp; WHY do they also have the ability to kill a fully geared p40 in four hits or less? I was under the assumption that the whole goal of grinding your way up to rank 40 was to do more damage and last longer in pvp. I feel like I could be in raid gear and notice no difference whatsoever.

With most of the classes I play in this game, one has to make a choice: Do I want to do tons of damage, do I want to be balanced, or do I want to be very hard to kill? Warriors seem to have been given all three. I had no problems with them pre-patch, even with that annoying full heal. A player shouldn't be topping the charts just because their class gets to have its cake and eat it too; a player should top the charts because they have more skill than their opponents. The last warrior that killed me before I stopped queuing hit me for 6k, and then 5. Buffed, I only have 9300 health or so. Is valor just an empty stat now? I don't think I could die any faster to another player. Not even fire mages hit me that hard. At this point, you won't see me in a warfront anytime soon.

The PvE additions in 1.8, however, are pretty fun, and though PvP is the thing I loved most about this game, it'll keep me occupied I'm sure. Still, it makes me wonder if Trion even tests their buffs and nerfs before releasing them. =/.

Soulwalker

Default My thoughts exactly

Amen. Warriors are ridiculous now.

Flame rant!!!

First a warrior with 14k health is tank built and his dmg would suck.

Second ToL and the like were nerfed in 1.8 these heals now only heal a Max of 50% in pvp and if your debuffing healing like most wfs it's further nerfed to 25% which given the avg health of warrior pvp builds being about 10k it's a 2.5k heal every 5 mins heal pots are more effective than that.

Lastly if the warr killed you in a few blows he was pure dps built ie glass cannon and would die nearly just as quickly. Likely he was wearing raid gear for increased dps with a pocket healer somewhere.
    ~~ Euthan ~~

Rift Master

I have noticed more often then not when somebody says "One-shotted" or "Two-Shotted" they really mean I died before I felt I had a chance to fight back. The logs rarely support their claim of dying from 1 or 2 hits.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    I have noticed more often then not when somebody says "One-shotted" or "Two-Shotted" they really mean I died before I felt I had a chance to fight back. The logs rarely support their claim of dying from 1 or 2 hits.
    Not if they got hit for 6k and then 5k.

Lic
    Rift Disciple

Lolol

/10 char

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Not if they got hit for 6k and then 5k.
    I don't think it happens nearly as often as the one time at band camp stories suggest.

Champion of Telara

Oh look its another one of these threads..... Ill post what I did in the last one for you and address some of the ops "issues" which mainly result from her not knowing what shes talking about. Heres the post in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by jerwel View Post
    Equiping full valor would help ya know? Simply killing the warrior would work as well, which is extremely easy to do in 1.8. Also would you like a list of all the mage/rogue/cleric abilities that hit that hard or harder (its pretty long), and most are from range? Further you lack of knowledge of the warrior class in this post alone is astounding, in addition to the others you have posted.

Deathblow IS a finisher, has huge delay in activation (animation time is about half a second, and if you get out of range during it it doesnt go off, not to mention if you get a heal and its conditions are no longer met) and is difficult to get off in pvp AND requires melee range.

Seriously play a melee class and see how much a limitation that is, I just started playing a ranged dps cleric and wow I cant tell you how easy it is by comparison.

PS played about 20 wfs last night (full p40 gear minus the p40 synergy, have p36 and full valor core), average crit in 38rb/28 champ on my normal builder was 1-1.2k (still less than 51 pyros fireball spam) and 1.3-1.5k on rift strike my hardest hitting skill. My hp total is ~8400 in this spec (remember full valor core so lots of endurance), and I have 1 30 second cd that lowers the damage I take from 1 attack by 70% (stupid pvp damage reduction hard cap). In comparison, I have the NEW full valor (yay seals, 22 more valor) and was hit for 2.2k cinderburst, 2.8k fulminate, 3.5k cloudburst, 1.2k sanction heretic, 1.8k bod, 1.9k flame thrust, 1.4k rapid fire shot, 1.2k dusk strike, 2k obliterate (total damage), and theres a quite a few other abilities in there that I have forgotten. The vast majority of these are from range. I have to say, seems to me that warrior damage is about on par, and their survivability is too low for their melee requirement.
    Once again this is a case of a ranged class supprised that a full melee class can hit nearly as hard as they can!!!!! that cannot happen, melee classes should never hit as hard as a ranged right? All rants aside, any warrior thats hitting you for anywhere near the numbers you are (wrongly) spouting is in full dps spec and has nowhere near 10k hp much less 14k (8.5k is more like it). Please play a class and learn some of its mechanics and understand whats happening in your wf (you were not one shot, two shot, or three shot by the warrior if you were wearing full valor).

Rift Master

I wonder if some of these warriors horror stories come from the fact that it's very obvious that the guy who's standing in your face with a two handed sword chopping away at you like you are a tree is hitting you. However, it's not so easy to notice his cloth friend who's 20 meters behind him hitting you at the same time with a spell.

Soulwalker

you would be surprised. I think I'm going to compile some combat log info to show you that warrior is indeed outrageous with damage. I have been hit with 1k+ builders non-stop. Debuff strikes hit for 1k+. Special attacks hit for 1k+ (rift strike, frenzied, inescapable fury). On top of all that, finishers have been hitting from 1k-3k. Most of us have 5-8k hp so in reality a warrior is literally killing a target in about 3-4 blows. Yes yes we know pyro and inquis hit hard too....but right now, I can't even open on a warrior without having to burn slip away and side steps. Even then, i am left with 25% hp. That is 2 min downtime for me if i ever want to single out a warrior again. If it is a warrior that is "known", I might as well consider myself living dead. As an assassin (if you didn't pick that up already), It is bad enough that stuns hit DR or get broken out of. Nobody can tell me that warriors take "skill" at this time as they really just spam a macro full of reactives and literally kill a target in 5 sec maximum. If you are a p40 war, I hope you can not justify your damage by bringing up pyro's....it is very lame. If you get a nerf, I will say they should give you something for defence. Trust me, we all feel about pyro's and inquis...not just you warrriors (and I do have a 50 warrior and 50 mage just in case anyone says I probably don't).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    I call 1 or 2 shotted claims BS as well. Some times is feels as a mage like I went down dam fast, but with 1400 valor 9-10khp and a shield the most anyone hits me for is ~3k (and thats usually another mage). What usually is the case is I'm targeted by 3 or more enemies and mutliple damage sources stack up so it seems like a instant death, but you only notice the big numbers from the in your face rambo warrior.
    Zzargo - DA -
    !!FIST!!
    <Shadow Embassy>

Rift Master

Most of us have 5-8k hp so in reality a warrior is literally killing a target in about 3-4 blows.
    3-4 blows is not being 1-shotted or 2-shotted, except for those who are bad with math.

Soulwalker

Dude.............................................1 shot 2 shot....that is what 2 gcd?....................................
    it does not matter. It might be a little exaggeration but in 4-5 hits....that is a reality. You will say I'm wrong so whatever. This has nothing to do with my math skills as I never even wrote about 1shot 2shot so you my friend need to learn to read. I don't even think 2shot can accurately describe the time between life and death when facing a warrior (full gear p40 yaddayadda). It literally is about 5 seconds. I will fraps some vid and post it if you want.

6k then 5k? Doesn't sound real. Granted, warriors do hit hard and I think the reason they do is because their lack of mobility vs ranged kiters. In full p40, full dps spec I hit full valored targets for maybe 2k usually around 1.6k, I have in fact hit people for 4k and a bit higher but they are players not wearing valor gear or trying to run raid gear to increase heal/damage. Warrior glass cannons die REALLY fast, but you have to keep moving, once they get to you, your in their world and tthey will most likely rock you, as it should be. The many QQers cried about our tank specs, they cried about our survivability, this is what happens when you you push a class to far... they push back.

Remember, warriors are actually easier to kill now, than before, just keep your distance, if you think your going to stand still and tank a warrior, you deserve the barrage of powerhouse hits.

Soulwalker

GREAT STUFF MAN I GUESS I MIGHT AS WELL NOT ROLL A MELEE ROGUE ANYMORE BECAUSE YOUR ADVICE IS THAT I DESERVE THE DEATH. What about shamans? What if I don't want to play a ranged class just to kill warriors. That means that I have to play what trion wants me to play.....and yes it does if I go into a match against a team full of warriors (hypothetical situation). That means no matter what, I as a 51 sin 15bd should always steer clear from a warriors at all times unless gangbanging them. How does that make any sense? Hierarchies for classes is total BS. I have a 50 mage...If I wanted ranged I would go play it, but no, I want to play my rogue (melee) and actually kill something that isn't trying to get away. GREAT LOGIC THERE!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast