+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvP Leaderboards, What's up with the Dumb Criteria?

Default PvP Leaderboards, What's up with the Dumb Criteria?

So looking at the pvp leaderboards, what's up with the dumb comparison criteria amongst pvpers? Why is it dumb you say, well there should only be three stats to compare pvpers:

1. Kills vs Deaths Ratio (the gold standard in pvp statistics)
    2. Win %
    3. Ranking comparing total healing amount in your warfront

Pvp statistics are meaningless if they look at total amounts of kills or any other stat. To be useful they need to be in a comparison to others around you or ratios. Stats like 'Total killls' otherwise rewards people who play more often and not those who are effective or win most often.

Please change the stats or remove the pvp leaderboard.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-19-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

^ Hatin because I'm best in world for Idol Damage in Scion, get some skillz and L2P Mayi.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Soulwalker

It's just a board to check and see who plays the most. Nothing much more.

Trion was caught between a rock and a hard place on this one.

People were asking for leader boards so they can display their uber leet skillz.

Trion, on the other hand, was reluctant to alienate the casual and, shall we say, less than leet players.

As a result, we end up with a leader board that has more relevance to time played than anything else. So, no, you can't use the leader board to wave your epeen in other peoples' faces.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    So, no, you can't use the leader board to wave your epeen in other peoples' faces.
    Oh, you still can. Just instead of being aw struck by it's glory they will chuckle behind your back (or to your face) at it's uselessness.

Champion

Stats are meaningless (Trion's or otherwise) in a game where pre-mades end up against pugs, where r1 end up in the same WF as r40, where someone can do 1% of athe damage and get the "killi", where the contribution of CC, purges, debuffs, etc is totally ignored, where there is no differentiation between killing an r1 rogue and an r40 healing cleric and so on...
    Last edited by Flimble; 04-19-2012 at 11:07 AM.

All 3 of those are no more or less pointless than what's up there now. It's fine how it is now.
    Even free cost too much now

In all seriousness, I like all the categories. It's nice to see what classes are better at doing what.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

I want KDR
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I want KDR
    I wouldn't mind having that on the leaderboards as well either for that matter.
    Even free cost too much now

Does it only show your WF cluster? There has to be more than me and 1 rogue pushing over 30 kill streaks in wfs. Like I feel like theres a lot of people I should see that I remember from the Seastone cluster that I don't see at all in general.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Does it only show your WF cluster? There has to be more than me and 1 rogue pushing over 30 kill streaks in wfs. Like I feel like theres a lot of people I should see that I remember from the Seastone cluster that I don't see at all in general.
    It's broken. I did a 69-0 last night, and I'm not even ranked.
    ~Quiescent

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    It's broken. I did a 69-0 last night, and I'm not even ranked.
    I interpreted it as # of actual killing streaks, like killing spree + rampage +unstoppable = 3 pts on leaderboard, not the most kills without dying. I could be wrong though, the way you are interpreting it sounds more fun.

If that's the case, ain't nobody as good at getting 3 kills and eating dirt like me.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    If that's the case, ain't nobody as good at getting 3 kills and eating dirt like me.
    Yeah it sucks that you have to pretty much die to reset your kill streaks. Although if you wanted to be super pro and never die but get on the leaderboard, you could log out and log back into the warfront which for some reason resets your accolades.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast