+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: NEWS FLASH: Rogues and warriors are OP

Default NEWS FLASH: Rogues and warriors are OP

I haven't PVP'd since 1.8 came out bc fishing is f-ing awesome. From reading the forums, I can condense 1.8 PVP to the following:
    1. Warriors are OP
    2. Bad clerics are still bad
    3. Good clerics QQ about warriors being OP (see #1)
    4. Bad rogues are using fan out
    5. Good rogues pretend they don't use fan out
    6. Fan out is OP
    7. Trion hates mages

Hmm... seems like I didn't miss much.
    Last edited by fripples; 04-19-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fripples View Post
    I haven't PVP'd since 1.8 came out bc fishing is f-ing awesome. From reading the forums, I can condense 1.8 PVP to the following:
    1. Warriors are OP
    2. Bad clerics are still bad
    3. Good clerics QQ about warriors being OP (see #1)
    4. Bad rogues are using fan out
    6. Fan out is OP
    7. Trion hates mages

Hmm... seems like I didn't miss much.
    Havent tried my MM since 1.8.... thanks for the tip!

1. Good Warriors are OP
    2. Good clerics are now bad
    3. Good clerics QQ about Good warriors being OP (see #1)
    4. Fail rogues are using fan out
    6. Fan out is OP
    7. Trion loves mages
    Last edited by Cedius; 04-19-2012 at 07:05 AM.
    \

News flash: Mages gets mad when other classes do comparable damage.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    News flash: Mages gets mad when other classes do comparable damage.
    Mages wish they had the armor, health survivability that other classes have without having to stand still to deliver their damage.
    Punisher
    [The Cabal]

ITT: all other classes wish they were rogues

Ascendant

I'll admit, I laughed at #4 and #5 from the OP's list.
    Last edited by Adastra; 04-19-2012 at 07:14 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by ltank View Post
    Mages wish they had the armor, health survivability that other classes have without having to stand still to deliver their damage.
    What mages are you fighting? Ones in ranked matches on my cluster have multiple shields, bunny hop away, squirrel me, and run around casting pyro instants after sparked fireballs.

If you're trying to play 1.0 turrent mage that might be whats wrong.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-19-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Telaran

surprised u didn't mention sabby charges not being dodge or missed or blocked lol

edit: learn to counter
    Last edited by herbdoctor; 04-19-2012 at 07:15 AM.

What mages are fighting? Ones in my 5v5s and ranked matches in my cluster have multiple shields, bunny hop away, squirrel me, and run around casting pyro instants after sparked fireballs.

If you're trying to play 1.0 turrent mage that might be whats wrong.
    Everyone can bunny hop FYI. Fireballs still have a cast time (i.e. standing still) and pyro's don't instant everything since it's based on procs and therefore luck. Also They don't have multiple shields. A Pyro/Ele might have multiple shields but nobody plays that since Elementalists are gimped.

Also note that most of what you're complaining about is Pyro, one soul which is also another mage complaint You're either a Pyro/Dom or a Chloro/Dom to be any sort of effective in PvP. Archon, Stormcaller, Necro and Warlock basically aren't anywhere as close to being as viable hence my original statement.
    Punisher
    [The Cabal]

Everyone can bunny hop FYI. Fireballs still have a cast time (i.e. standing still) and pyro's don't instant everything since it's based on procs and therefore luck. Also They don't have multiple shields. A Pyro/Ele might have multiple shields but nobody plays that since Elementalists are gimped.

Also note that most of what you're complaining about is Pyro, one soul which is also another mage complaint You're either a Pyro/Dom or a Chloro/Dom to be any sort of effective in PvP. Archon, Stormcaller, Necro and Warlock basically aren't anywhere as close to being as viable hence my original statement.
    Yes everyone can bunny hop, but not everyone can instant banish before hand.
    Fireballs cast time, (ie standing still) oh I'm squirreled doesn't matter.
    I know it's based on procs, but it seems other mages know how to better stack those in their favor.
    You can get two shields from pyro and archon.
    I like being kitted by SC hybrids too, especially since my cleanse was fixed and broken at the same time.

You have the best CCs in the game. Try it out. But go ahead and talk about your lack of armor (which isn't that much worse than full plate thanks to 1.7)
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-19-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Yes everyone can bunny hop, but not everyone can instant banish before hand.
    Fireballs cast time, (ie standing still) oh I'm squirreled doesn't matter.
    I know it's based on procs, but it seems other mages know how to better stack those in their favor.
    You can get two shields from pyro and archon.
    I like being kitted by SC hybrids too, especially since my cleanse was fixed and broken at the same time.

You have the best CCs in the game. Try it out. But go ahead and talk about your lack of armor (which isn't that much worse than full plate thanks to 1.7)
    Yeah forgot about archon and chloro has a shield too. The thing is that nobody plays Pyro/Archo or Pyro/chrloro or Pyro/Ele so the chances of the having multiple shields is nil not to mention that the absorption about is so bad that they are eated typically by one global cooldown and then you got nothing. I use my shield hoping to survive that extra second that it might take for a healer to get a heal off on me, otherwise it's curtains. Your only real valid complaint could be about the Pyro soul which I already addressed. And if you are kited by an SC it's because you allowed yourself to be kited.
    Punisher
    [The Cabal]

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fripples View Post
    [LIST=1][*]Warriors are OP[*]Good clerics QQ about warriors being OP (see #1)
    I am in the above two QQ camps (which is actually one camp).

Warriors, yesterday, (at least in the 30 bracket) had the time of their lives because Clerics are running around with their heads chopped off trying to figure out how (if we can) keep anyone up with these nerfs.

Yeah forgot about archon and chloro has a shield too. The thing is that nobody plays Pyro/Archo or Pyro/chrloro or Pyro/Ele so the chances of the having multiple shields is nil not to mention that the absorption about is so bad that they are eated typically by one global cooldown and then you got nothing. I use my shield hoping to survive that extra second that it might take for a healer to get a heal off on me, otherwise it's curtains. Your only real valid complaint could be about the Pyro soul which I already addressed. And if you are kited by an SC it's because you allowed yourself to be kited.
    If I get kited by a SC it would appear a mage has learned to play.
    And people do play 6 points in archon if they want another shield... Your shield should last just long enough for you flicker and kite back to your team, otherwise you were someplace you shouldn't have been as a ranged glass cannon.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-19-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Rift Disciple

Funny is a mage that complains bout anything being op....lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast