+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Sfira
  • 2 Post By CreepyD
  • 1 Post By Fates

Thread: Days of the pocket healers are over

Telaran

Default Days of the pocket healers are over

Days of the pocket healers are over , something I read in chat in several different WF's today. I was on my cleric and laughed at the time but did not laugh for long. I willl be the first to admit I am a average to poor healer at best. I usually run a warden/sent mix or straight warden. I used to be able to stay up for awhile with a couple people beating on me even stun locked. That is no longer the case anymore , if a warrior or rogue get within melee range I am dead within 3 to 5 seconds sometimes less. Same goes for pyro and inq as well . Like I said I am not the greatest healer by a long shot but I used to have abit more survivability before the healing changes . Now pretty much stunned, burst dead , the hots just can not handle the damage and the reactives just are not enough or are interrupted. I will still run my cleric in WF's but think that warriors and rogues will be higher in hps parses now .

I also ran my rogue in a MM spec today and did not even have to use eradicate to kill the healers today.

Today I didn't even have to use eradicate, I gotta say it was a good day.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-19-2012 at 01:30 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Today I didn't even have to use eradicate, I gotta say it was a good day.
    I can see the "Mission accomplished" banner flying high at the DPS headquarters;-).

Cheers

Plane Walker

I have yet to get home from work to play 1.8 but from your description it sounds like I should say congratulations and welcome to the world my Chloro has lived in for some time
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

I played a Scion today where the Defiants had 8 healing clerics. I'm not even counting hybrids, I'm talking full on Sent/Wardens.

What happened to "the new healing spec is 51 Inq"?
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I played a Scion today where the Defiants had 8 healing clerics. I'm not even counting hybrids, I'm talking full on Sent/Wardens.

I think its pretty safe to assume that patch-day is not the best time to get a representativ picture of role distribution in WF's. Alot, my self inclusive, have to try out our usual spec to see what the impact of the nerfs are.

I just find it funny that rogues rejoice that they now dont have to use a skill, that was put in the game to counter things like wardens.

Cheers;-)

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post

I am pretty sure yesterday was a "testing" day for all the clerics to see exactly what happened. I know me and a few other clerics were testing builds most of the night to see what new combo would work well.

I would expect in the next couple of days for healing to dry up and dps cleric to be the new norm, Exciting stuff...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    I am pretty sure yesterday was a "testing" day for all the clerics to see exactly what happened. I know me and a few other clerics were testing builds most of the night to see what new combo would work well.

I would expect in the next couple of days for healing to dry up and dps cleric to be the new norm, Exciting stuff...
    Everyone dies so fast, might as well be the one killing them... The best way to stay alive is to kill the person trying to kill you while @self healing yourself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Telaran

On the bright side, I've gotten a lot of fishing in...

+ Reply to Thread