+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: No new PvP gear is Unacceptable. This needs to be addressed Immediately.

Telaran

Default No new PvP gear is Unacceptable. This needs to be addressed Immediately.

This is a sham. We need new pvp gear now.

I don't care if you make it a rank 50 requirement and flag it so the gear cannot be used in the new raid, but we need a new full set of pvp gear including proper stat weighted essences and hit rating/focus on some of the items ASAP.

The rank 36 gear came out almost a year ago and has been outdated for the past few months ever since the common raider has access to multiple relics.

Cleric healing nerfs in 1.8 combined with the increased damage many classes just received because of soul adjustments, planar attunement overhauls, and seals, and to top it all off, the new ID drops.... make it a complete joke to pvp right now. Each day until new pvp gear is released will just get worse and worse. It's almost at the First Person Shooter level of carnage... you live about that long.

It shouldn't take longer than a few hours to put together a hotfix with proper pvp gear for the current state of the game. Just design new models later on and update the gear when you have the free time in the future... just like when the last pvp gear was introduced, the pvp community can live with that.

Thank you.

More more more, Trion. MORE!!

Seriously bro, shut up and go enjoy another element of the game. We don't need more Valor in the game. What we need is a new Warfront map, if anything.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Rift Disciple

They just need to do a better job of separating PvP and PvE gear so people like you will stop whining.

They will fix it eventually. I saw some rings linked today that have +65 hit each. That's 13% to bypass parry/dodge in 1 item. Now pretty much 2 pieces of I.D. raid gear with those sort of hit ratings would be all you need to have night and day pvp difference. Which makes me know they will figure it out soon because they can only go through so many more itemization bumps until pvp is balanced around making sure you have one high end well itemized piece of pve gear or bust .

I have a feeling the new pvp gear will be pretty cool. ^.^
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-18-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

You both are either clueless, or just want to keep your absurd advantage using pve gear and killing other players who only have pvp gear.

Pathetic.

Pvp should be about who plays better, not who has access to more pve gear.

Pve gear is only part of the problem. Warrior damage, rogue damage, .. all too high, combined with cleric healing nerfs.

I play max rank warrior and rogue, with only pvp gear, and the damage is still too high. People need more health pools, more valor, less pve gear.

There isn't much fun in killing someone who was at max health in 1.5 seconds. That's happening now to some people.

Another Grind! That is exactly what the PvP community wants!!

/sarcasm
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    More more more, Trion. MORE!!

Seriously bro, shut up and go enjoy another element of the game. We don't need more Valor in the game. What we need is a new Warfront map, if anything.
    Valor is standardized silly, how often are you in a WF o.O
    "You lost me at Balance"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    They will fix it eventually. I saw some rings linked today that have +65 hit each. That's 13% to bypass parry/dodge in 1 item. Now pretty much 2 pieces of I.D. raid gear with those sort of hit ratings would be all you need to have night and day pvp difference. Which makes me know they will figure it out soon because they can only go through so many more itemization bumps until pvp is balanced around making sure you have one high end well itemized piece of pve gear or bust .

I have a feeling the new pvp gear will be pretty cool. ^.^
    Obtaining hit rating by using pve items (or crafted gear with valorstones) is a whole different topic that has been discussed to tens of pages long.

The problem I have is that the itemization on the best pvp gear available to those who are max pvp rank, is vastly inferior to what people have in the way of HK relics, and the new ID gear. Combine that with cleric healing nerfs (everyone dies quicker) and the increased damage various classes are doing... new pvp gear needs to come out immediately.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Another Grind! That is exactly what the PvP community wants!!

/sarcasm
    I'm willing to do a pointless grind if it means i will fair better in pvp combat vs pve geared players.

Trion could take the existing gear from ranks 1-40 and increase every stat by say 25%. I'm fine with that too. Whichever.

Real pvp types don't need major gear advantages to kill other players. It's almost like cheating. The more equal playing field the better.

Wait till all the PvEers get the awesome gear in the new content raid and whoop all our PvP buts. Until then, no armor for us PvP. OH god I hope we don't have to grind for it if they do give us new PvP gear.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    Wait till all the PvEers get the awesome gear in the new content raid and whoop all our PvP buts. Until then, no armor for us PvP. OH god I hope we don't have to grind for it if they do give us new PvP gear.
    PvE gear is a slight advantage, people that complain about it non stop I believe have an L2P issue. There are only rare occasions that you actually benefit from the hit in PvP.

9/10 times valor is more beneficial.

That is my opinion, please introduce me to a PvE'r that can show me otherwise.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    PvE gear is a slight advantage, people that complain about it non stop I believe have an L2P issue. There are only rare occasions that you actually benefit from the hit in PvP.

9/10 times valor is more beneficial.

That is my opinion, please introduce me to a PvE'r that can show me otherwise.
    Skilled mages with several best in slot pve pieces, playing the powerful 51 pyro or completely broken and insanely powerful pyro/dom, and some good marksman with HK 3 piece ranger crystal, and now 4 piece marks crystal.... The 51 pyro mages get a lot of extra raw damage, and insane burst with pyro procs + hard switches at the same time to whoever they want. The dom/pros gets the raw extra damage, and already have ******ed debuffs, cc, and super fast burst damage. The 51 marksmen with either crystal get instant 2 combo point builders, providing very fast burst leading to early finishers from 35 range. I didn't even mention skilled assassins with their 30% or whatever it is increased bleed HK crystal. 2-3 second gank on many classes. Many classes/specs find it impossible to counter, especially if the assassin re-opens on you after vanish. Sorry you die, without massive heals + massive cooldowns.

The two classes I mentioned can sit behind most of their team in a warfront and have several escape tools if anyone is really trying to gun for them. They skew the battle so hard in their favor because of pve gear, its horrible to play against. The HK crystal assassins, well its obvious what they do.

I am talking warfronts in this thread. Not duels, not hypothetical arena (which Trion stated numerous times they have no interest in), and not open world pvp gank fest. Just random, pug, warfronts.
    Last edited by Eive; 04-18-2012 at 10:35 PM.

People who wear more than 2 pieces of raid armor go down pretty fast without adequate healing. Granted they can perform well with good healers. But the amount of people it takes to focus someone who stacks more and more raid gear is dramatic. This is me not worrying too much right now. Raid weapons will be pretty nice for pvp. But when pvp gear comes out, it will be even better. I think were worrying too much :/
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Eive View Post
    Skilled mages with several best in slot pve pieces, playing the powerful 51 pyro or completely broken and insanely powerful pyro/dom, and some good marksman with HK 3 piece ranger crystal, and now 4 piece marks crystal.... The 51 pyro mages get a lot of extra raw damage, and insane burst with pyro procs + hard switches at the same time to whoever they want. The dom/pros gets the raw extra damage, and already have ******ed debuffs, cc, and super fast burst damage. The 51 marksmen with either crystal get instant 2 combo point builders, providing very fast burst leading to early finishers from 35 range. I didn't even mention skilled assassins with their 30% or whatever it is increased bleed HK crystal. 2-3 second gank on many classes. Many classes/specs find it impossible to counter, especially if the assassin re-opens on you after vanish. Sorry you die, without massive heals + massive cooldowns.

The two classes I mentioned can sit behind most of their team in a warfront and have several escape tools if anyone is really trying to gun for them. They skew the battle so hard in their favor because of pve gear, its horrible to play against. The HK crystal assassins, well its obvious what they do.

I am talking warfronts in this thread. Not duels, not hypothetical arena (which Trion stated numerous times they have no interest in), and not open world pvp gank fest. Just random, pug, warfronts.
    In your PUG I am sure at least one individual on your team is smart enough to get ahold of the kids in PvE gear, if not you just have terrible luck with groups, and should learn to be "that guy"
    "You lost me at Balance"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    People who wear more than 2 pieces of raid armor go down pretty fast without adequate healing. Granted they can perform well with good healers. But the amount of people it takes to focus someone who stacks more and more raid gear is dramatic. This is me not worrying too much right now. Raid weapons will be pretty nice for pvp. But when pvp gear comes out, it will be even better. I think were worrying too much :/
    Sure, the average player, or even somewhat decent player will get smoked quick wearing several pve pieces. I am talking about a pretty good player(s) with the pve gear, playing the right class and spec, who can completely dominate if played right. I always felt like pvp aspects of games should be designed, balance-wise, with outstanding players behind the controls, not average Joes.

Anyways, not really a thread lurker, just wanted to get some chat going about what I feel is the right thing to do.

Adios. I feel my point has been made.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast