Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Hey Way to Go - 1.8 is a repeat of 1.0

Default Hey Way to Go - 1.8 is a repeat of 1.0

Warriors with 10k+ hp teleporting around with practically no cooldown and 2k+ crits abound.

wtg trion! You certainly know what you're doing.

Wtf trion. Every other class stands our of my range and hits me for 2k then teleports away and does it again!

It's more like glass cannon parachamp 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Wtf trion. Every other class stands our of my range and hits me for 2k then teleports away and does it again!

It's more like glass cannon parachamp 1.4
    2k+ rift strike, fraid not.

If you're dying to a warrior you're either bad or have no gear.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    2k+ rift strike, fraid not.
    and then he had like 8k hp not 10k to hit you that hard. In addition he requires melee range and is the first thing all the ranged players get when they hit tab. He also has 0 for heals and no real way to get out of there if he takes that focus fire...... Play a warrior at 50 so you might learn what your talking about.

Eh, yeah. Gotta go with the OP on this one. This **** reminds me of warriors in Beta...from a mage point of view. dead in a matter of seconds. Nothing but 2k crits flying across the screen.

Are warriors squishy? From what I've seen, no. Are mages squishier? Umm, yes. Can mages flicker? Sure thing. Do r40 warriors have more gap closers than mages have flickers? Yup.

Entire night was nothing but red and yellow not just leading on dmg, but blowing everyone else out of the water.

Were warriors fine in 1.7? The good players would probably say, "Sure." Will they be getting an overhanded beat down of a nerf cuz Trion screwed up 1.8 warrior dps? I'm going to predict yes.

I probably wouldn't have a gripe with warriors having the ridiculous dmg they have atm IF it was actually possible to kite/cc them to keep distance. One thunderous leap and gap closer = I'm dead. Hell, giving warriors an effective range of 40m was genius...
    Last edited by Cime; 04-18-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Eh, yeah. Gotta go with the OP on this one. This **** reminds me of warriors in Beta...from a mage point of view. dead in a matter of seconds. Nothing but 2k crits flying across the screen.

Are warriors squishy? From what I've seen, no. Are mages squishier? Umm, yes. Can mages flicker? Sure thing. Do r40 warriors have more gap closers than mages have flickers? Yup.

Entire night was nothing but red and yellow not just leading on dmg, but blowing everyone else out of the water.

Were warriors fine in 1.7? The good players would probably say, "Sure." Will they be getting an overhanded beat down of a nerf cuz Trion screwed up 1.8 warrior dps? I'm going to predict yes.

I probably wouldn't have a gripe with warriors having the ridiculous dmg they have atm IF it was actually possible to kite/cc them to keep distance. One thunderous leap and gap closer = I'm dead. Hell, giving warriors an effective range of 40m was genius...
    Of course warriors have more gap closers, they're melee. A good mage will know how to counter a RW spamming warrior, it's not difficult. People seem to think RW has no cooldown and that warriors don't require an easily purgeable buff to maintain their mobility

Ascendant

Right now something about certain warrior specs is out of control. I am routinely getting 3-4 hit. That never happened before. Not sure what spec those warriors are running but yea. In other news, sab's are viable now. Yay

In general probably cause of healing changes, I am dying much faster and its making PVP alot less fun. Its not about winning or losing (I'm Guardian, used to losing) but about having a chance to actually do something.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 04-18-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    In general probably cause of healing changes, I am dying much faster and its making PVP alot less fun.
    Waaahhhtt? Dying faster is NOT fun?

I think the general consensus was that it was fun, which is why everyone asked for warden nerfs.

My my my.

Quote Originally Posted by Focusv5 View Post
    Of course warriors have more gap closers, they're melee. A good mage will know how to counter a RW spamming warrior, it's not difficult. People seem to think RW has no cooldown and that warriors don't require an easily purgeable buff to maintain their mobility
    Yeah, I know all about purging RW and how "easy" it is to do so. Except when said warrior is hitting me for 1.5-2k per hit and my "oh so awesome" purge is a 3s channeled craptastic ability.

A mage trying to use degeneration when a warrior is on em is a dead mage atm. Something got broken from PTS to live imo. Cuz right now warriors are severely out of whack.

I wouldn't mind melee dps in this game so much if my flicker actually got me OUT of melee range for more than just a global cooldown. Melee, once in range of closers, literally have either 5x (nb/rs) or unlimited (RW) the number of gap closers as I have gap spreaders. Worse, said gap closers ALSO work as a break free rendering CC/kites useless. Basically as a mage it boils down to this - once melee get in range they will ALWAYS be in range.

Where is this no cd you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    Where is this no cd you speak of?
    Did crits stop refreshing RW?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Yeah, I know all about purging RW and how "easy" it is to do so. Except when said warrior is hitting me for 1.5-2k per hit and my "oh so awesome" purge is a 3s channeled craptastic ability.

A mage trying to use degeneration when a warrior is on em is a dead mage atm. Something got broken from PTS to live imo. Cuz right now warriors are severely out of whack.

I wouldn't mind melee dps in this game so much if my flicker actually got me OUT of melee range for more than just a global cooldown. Melee, once in range of closers, literally have either 5x (nb/rs) or unlimited (RW) the number of gap closers as I have gap spreaders. Worse, said gap closers ALSO work as a break free rendering CC/kites useless. Basically as a mage it boils down to this - once melee get in range they will ALWAYS be in range.

Exactly, all of this ^

i have really negative feeling about 1.8
    esp with bronze,silver,gold, plantium thing.
    is this sc2? i mean at least change the name when you copy something
    and what about privacy.i dont mind leaderboard when things are fair but
    in wf it's not. its just pushing people to go premade.

trion is not even shamed
    Last edited by Kakaru; 04-18-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast