+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Wallowitz
  • 1 Post By Vyxagallanxchi
  • 1 Post By Wallowitz
  • 1 Post By Kraddabad

Thread: PvP is unbalanced and no longer fun. (Guardians vs Defiants)

Telaran

Default PvP is unbalanced and no longer fun. (Guardians vs Defiants)

For as long as I can remember during my rift "career", the balance in warfronts between guards and defiants has always fluctuated, for a month or so the defiants are doing a little better, then the next month the guards seem to be more effective, however for the past 4+ months the guardians have been completely steam rolling the defiants.

I don't know if the guards just have more p40s that are geared or just more of a pvp-minded playerbase, whatever the case is joining a warfront as a defiant simply isn't fun anymore. I can think of maybe one notable defiant pvp guild but i can name at least 5 notable guard pvp guilds.

I don't believe the system that is in place is viable any longer since every warfront is one-sided. I'm a DPS mage and when i go 15+ kills and less than 3 deaths average per game with 200k+ st dmg, and we still get shutout that hard, something is wrong. (inb4 "you need to focus on the objective and not kills" blah blah blah, as I said I'm a DPS mage so as long as im getting kills and staying on the battlefield im doing my job).

Every wf i join the top DPSers for the guards all have pocket healers and coordinated premades who are assist targeting and running strats, I'm not saying this is bad of course, it's good that the guards are able to have the people for that, but it's gotten to the point where I can't even imagine it being fun for the guards anymore either, I mean, what sort of sense of accomplishment can u get with no challenge. I kid you not the last 5 dex wfs iv'e joined the guards have had all 4 capped with the defiant side pushed up to spawn..

I wish I had a proposal but I dont, I'm just hoping that maybe some awareness can be raised to make the warfronts more fair and fun for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallowitz View Post
    For as long as I can remember during my rift "career", the balance in warfronts between guards and defiants has always fluctuated, for a month or so the defiants are doing a little better, then the next month the guards seem to be more effective, however for the past 4+ months the guardians have been completely steam rolling the defiants.

I don't know if the guards just have more p40s that are geared or just more of a pvp-minded playerbase, whatever the case is joining a warfront as a defiant simply isn't fun anymore. I can think of maybe one notable defiant pvp guild but i can name at least 5 notable guard pvp guilds.

I don't believe the system that is in place is viable any longer since every warfront is one-sided. I'm a DPS mage and when i go 15+ kills and less than 3 deaths average per game with 200k+ st dmg, and we still get shutout that hard, something is wrong. (inb4 "you need to focus on the objective and not kills" blah blah blah, as I said I'm a DPS mage so as long as im getting kills and staying on the battlefield im doing my job).

Every wf i join the top DPSers for the guards all have pocket healers and coordinated premades who are assist targeting and running strats, I'm not saying this is bad of course, it's good that the guards are able to have the people for that, but it's gotten to the point where I can't even imagine it being fun for the guards anymore either, I mean, what sort of sense of accomplishment can u get with no challenge. I kid you not the last 5 dex wfs iv'e joined the guards have had all 4 capped with the defiant side pushed up to spawn..

I wish I had a proposal but I dont, I'm just hoping that maybe some awareness can be raised to make the warfronts more fair and fun for all.
    Merc system sorta makes the whole Guardian / defiant disparities no longer exist. Now there's simply luck of the draw on which team you end up on. Statistically though, more people leave games when they are losing which opens space in the losing team, thus, it's more likely to join a losing game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    Merc system sorta makes the whole Guardian / defiant disparities no longer exist. Now there's simply luck of the draw on which team you end up on. Statistically though, more people leave games when they are losing which opens space in the losing team, thus, it's more likely to join a losing game.
    Yea that's true, but it doesn't change the fact that whether mercing or not now, if you end up on the defiant side you will lose.

Soulwalker

I am not sure if what I heard is correct or not. But I was told the population of Guard vs Def was very unbalanced. Far more Def than Guard. So if the Def's have more players than the Guard's are going to have more Merc players from the Def side. So my theory is this, since the Guards have less peeps the few Guards that actually queue up for a WF are most likely P40 or close, then the Guards end up with some high prestige mercs on their side and it just makes the whole thing unbalanced.
    I do have a proposal though. First I love a good fight and balance. That said the WF's have been nothing but feast or famine for me and that is just no fun either way. Since Trion decided to go and add the whole Merc system (which sucks) why not do it an intelligent way. Since every player has a prestige level why not balance the teams based on prestige, the soul they were when they queued up and form the teams based on that. Make it so if your a mage and queue as a healer you are locked in as a healer for that battle and if you change souls then you get knocked out of queu and must requeu and stop the ability to chance souls during a WF of course. I do like to be able to change my soul in a WF but if I had to sacrifice that ability in order to have a far better chance of a balanced fight I would do it in a heart beat.

Pardon any poor spelling etc.... I AM TIRED AS HELL !!!!
    Last edited by Kraddabad; 04-18-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Really what server are you located and what is your rank and level? I don't know with the new mercs it seems pretty okay with me. But then again I really don't care if I win or loose. I just want make sure I'm no top of the charts ROFL.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    Really what server are you located and what is your rank and level? I don't know with the new mercs it seems pretty okay with me. But then again I really don't care if I win or loose. I just want make sure I'm no top of the charts ROFL.
    i'm on wolfsbane and im p40.

+ Reply to Thread