+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Cleric ... Slef healing?

Shadowlander

Default Cleric ... Slef healing?

Any other CLERICS, feeling the bite with the cuts to soothing and ect? I am. I used 51 W/15 puri ...

My oh sh*t button was SOA>[shift overload]> Caregivers Blessing>Tidal Wave> Healing Spray>Healing Breath... followed by Soothing streams to keep me up against the many attacking me until I they got me when I was all on CD. A few good players who understand their class could bring me down... But lobbies wasn't a threat. Rightly so ...

I just got killed repeatedly by one MM who kept laughing ... Saying "Look who's gimp now."

He is right.

A healer should be able to withstand a great deal of damage by using heals and talents we have selected. A few good players should be able to take us down. But not one player. My soothing was healing me for 230 ... that's very low when up against players who nearly all just had a dps up. It was so bad .. I changed to inquisicar to get heals with dps to be viable. Since I got a little rank and my Heretic Gear - I didn't mind being healer and having everyone mark me and focus fire me - it was fun to use my skills to stay up and heal my group against an equally skilled healer(s) doing the same, until a good rogues and warrior paired up Or 2 rogues I will have to re-work my skills and possibly lose Warden altogether. It's useless to have big heals when you can't stay up with your smaller ones or survive one MM. .. Warden was fine - it needed a buff against magic, a chance to resist or something - Dom squirrel is a kill button for healers most times.

I'm very disappointed that Trion gimped my favorite healer... and toon. I nearly always healed and rarely ever dps in WF's. Rarely. So while other Clerics were watching themselves and others lose wf's because they wouldn't be healers ... I healed instead. I won't be healing until I can figure out another way to stay up against classes who all got ups in dps - while mine got cuts in heal ability.

Not qq'g, just sayin' a healer should be able to stand up against a party marking them for focus fire - at least for a bit. Skilled rogues, warriors and mages ... didn't whine I'm thinking. Why would they - they were my equals ( stuns a little brutal). It's the losers with no dps and no higher gear yet. I earned mine - earn yours.
    Last edited by scratchy; 04-18-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Rift Master

A few good players should be able to take us down. But not one player.
    Nobody should be immune to dying in a one on one fight.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    Healer should... or at least stand a very high chance of. Any other opinion is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by scratchy View Post
    Healer should... or at least stand a very high chance of. Any other opinion is trash.
    No, a healer shouldn't. Just cause you picked a class doesn't mean it should be faceroll OP sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Agreed. Clerics in heal spec should be able to kill you back. Good point. No more slip away or run speed boosts.
    Brilliant post and welcome to the cleric camp.
    Last edited by CericX; 04-18-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Rift Master

Totally disagree. That's like saying solo nobody should be able to kill a tank, it's just as flawed.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    Agreed. Clerics in heal spec should be able to kill you back. Good point. No more slip away or run speed boosts.
    Brilliant post and welcome to the cleric camp.
    Healing specs can kill others solo it just takes a really really really long time. Which is different then being immune to being killed in a one on one fight.

Wowwwww.
    Just, wow..
    Last edited by Zaros; 04-18-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

It's not a fight.

It would be if the cleric in turn could kill you.

But if it's one DPS vs one HPS ... it should be a tie. Neither should die.

Dude, just sit back and enjoy the show.
    Our warrior friends will get us unnerfed and our rogue true DS will spam the forums when they see how powerful cabs and scs really are without wardens.

Or everyone sees why killing a warden is much harder than killing the new senticar (already saw *****ing in chat about that before I left for work).

Oh boy.... something tells me I need to monitor this thread for some lols

http://tinypic.com/r/4gkayb/5

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    It's not a fight.

It would be if the cleric in turn could kill you.

But if it's one DPS vs one HPS ... it should be a tie. Neither should die.
    This. Clerics should be able to match DPS with HPS, or whats the point in having a healer?

Healing specs can kill others solo it just takes a really really really long time. Which is different then being immune to being killed in a one on one fight.
    Fair enough. It should take that same EXTREME long time to kill a Cleric. In the event your chatacter has the ability to survive eternal waterjets, clerics should in turn be able to survive eternal attacks from you.

Balance is balance. If it is in favor of dps killing heals, why bring heals? If in favor of heals over DPS ...you can stack DPS to resolve it. Healing clerics are no threat, so you are simply asking for free kills.

I am not worth anything to my team if I am busy healing myself as opposed to them
    Last edited by Ultimaetus; 04-18-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimaetus View Post
    I am not worth anything to my team if I am busy healing myself as opposed to them
    I like you .
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast