+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By handerhank
  • 1 Post By BrownsMageNerfDelivery

Thread: 51Necro Strike and My Chloro tears

Plane Walker

Default 51Necro Strike and My Chloro tears

Well since Clerics already have threads complaining and will prolly have more to come, im going to add a Chloro Rage thread. (51 chloro; not chlorodom- u guys were fine, and will continue to be)

Lets see where to start:

~Our supposed buff is trash; 15% buff to LGV/LBV does nothing, 50more hp on a heal WOOPDEDOO

~WV instant cast buff, again does nothing but allow me to cast that instead of Dark Touch to proc Opportunity on the move. The Heal amount was untouched, the heal radius was untouched, Yay for duration?

~Along with our oh so awsome buffs we got a nerf that pretty much overshadows them anyway. Opportunity Internal CD now 1 sec.
    - Now if u have played 51 chloro you know full well the only Real healing your doing is from Bloom,Flourish, Natural Healing. And furthermore the only way you are going to save a soul from the graveyard is Cleanse Healing debuff(if u can) Bloom, EV+Ruin( hope for a crit), and get lucky with Opportunity twice in a row for Natural Healing x2. Otherwise unless your target is a rogue with either slip away or MM/RS they are dead.

- Its not a BIG nerf but a nerf nonetheless, 1 Sec isnt very harsh but that Back to back Opportunity procs have saved so many lives and dare i say the backbone of viablity in regards to even playing 51 chloro.

So ima go ahead and fill up my bucket of tears

Also im starting a Campaign for all Chloros, hell all mages to roll 51 necro/51 Elem for the remainder of their sub. I believe a 5+ Mage timed Empty the Crypts+Mass Graves Will in warfronts from now on. And bring in many lulz.
    Ill be singing this song for my chloro til i get buffedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JwHA495iHU
    I Xbox Controller Turn, Keyboard turners cant see me son. I Hadouken my rotations.

Your blue barred cabby brethren will be right with yah.

Chloros got hosed and opportunity nerf was unwarranted.

*Sneaks into this thread*
    *Looks around*

/y STEALTH AND BARD!

*Slip Away*
    "You lost me at Balance"

Nerf Queezy, then we can buff Chloro.
    ~Quiescent

Assassin bard slip away sounds like freakin awesome spec
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Nerf Queezy, then we can buff Chloro.
    pshhh nerf you son!

You and Veeru always shooting me up, I feel like its hate crimes
    Ill be singing this song for my chloro til i get buffedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JwHA495iHU
    I Xbox Controller Turn, Keyboard turners cant see me son. I Hadouken my rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Queezy View Post
    pshhh nerf you son!

You and Veeru always shooting me up, I feel like its hate crimes
    Call Al Sharpton!

Well wow, no more opp procs back to back?

This game just keeps getting better and better...

Oh well, it was getting too hard for DPS to solo a 51 chloro anyways, right?
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

I think they fired Kervik.

Default ill say it again

im very surprised at the QQ involving mage chloro. I run 51/15 chloro/pyro/arch and have never had problems out healing clerics (not the really good clerics, but enough to be happy). i never thought chloro was broken prior to 1.8. i was out healing clerics in 1.7. now granted i worked hard and am full r40 gear. even with the lower gear my chloro was very enjoyable. my mage sits at 10000+ hp and im top 10 in my division on the leaderboards for damage done in WF's as a chloro. with the buffs we got in 1.8, its all just gravy to an already sweet helping of potatoes. the big thing i notice now in 1.8 is that if i get a few warriors on me, i actually have to react to them now instead of the old ignore their tickles strat. I personally am glad to see warrior and rogue dps rise to such a high level. make it a new challenge for me that im ready to tackle. one warrior, meh, i still ignore them, 2 warriors, i run like hell. i know most will not agree with my next opinion, but i think balance in WF's has taken a good step forward. I will always believe that all the QQ is just a symptom of lazy players that for whatever reason, refuse to learn their class. i for one am happy with the 1.8 changes from a mage perspective.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Merkabah View Post
    snip.
    I can spec chloro/lock and top dmg/heals at the same time in a majority of winning wfs.

How many people did I save from focus fire? Zero.

How many people did I burst to the ground? Zero.

What was my actual contribution to the wf? Padding stats with minor aoe heals and predictable damage in a game that we would have won without me anyways.

In a competitive match versus similarly geared and skilled players, I fold like a cheap tent the moment two dps focus me. I don't have the sustained burst healing required to make them switch targets or even blow silences/cc. Even versus one good dps, I'm going to die in relatively short order. This, with a P40 mage.

My P23 cleric? He can solo heal himself versus one P40 dps (who doesn't have mana wrench) indefinitely. I did it just yesterday versus a P40 warrior who was tearing the rest of the wf apart. Even with the warden nerfs, hots + serendipity'd deluge and the occasional orbs/cool down was enough to tank the guy for 30 seconds while everyone else ganged up on him.

When I enter a wf with my mage and see no healers on my side, I switch to chloro/dom - not 51 chloro. I'm much, much better at keeping teammates alive using dom to suppress/prevent damage with just the occasional instant heal from chloro. I'm honestly fine with that role. I just wish people wouldn't have these illusions about raw chloro healing being somehow competitive/effective. It's not.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    I just wish people wouldn't have these illusions about raw chloro healing being somehow competitive/effective. It's not.
    I further wish people wouldn't have these illusions that because they top healing done in warfronts that chloros = good PvP healers.

As you stated: how many people can a chloro keep from getting burst down? Zero. We can Bloom every 10 seconds, ES every 2 minutes, and after that, it's time to get the prayer beads out. Synth heals in WFs are so laughable.

Even if they did buff Synth, would need a slightly shorter cooldown to make it effective for swapping on targets in WFs (like 4-6 seconds).

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Plane Walker

maaaaan, im so tired of the these mages spreading this blasphemy. "Oh Chloro is fine, i do fine against the tickling rogues, and the soft hitting wars". I derive two things from that

1. Your are not in the pvp battlegroup and most likely playing BAD dps players.

2. You are just flat out lying.

Im sorry but ive have played chloro extensively and recently have been playing 51 chloro alot more then usual do to the utter boredom of seeing fireballs, or turning into black *****. Chloro is not fine, no if ands or buts about it. I dont PVE at all , ive never even stepped foot in greenscale and been playing since launch so i cant speak on them from a PVE standpoint but PVP its not, and it never has been.

Chloro has always depended on the utilities of another soul to then make it useful i.e Dom/Lock. Even now as a 51 chloro your burst healing depends on lock's opportunity.

Im not the best mage nor the best chloro im sure but i know im a pretty good one. Some might claim otherwise due to me not healing them but my rule on 51chloro is if im out damaging you im not healing you, to me your not worth a bloom. You might get veil heals or a flourish but dont expect anything other then that. Thats partly because im a a-whole and also partly because a chloro cant keep up alot of people at once. When i run 51 i keep watch on the damage boards and heal accorddingly. If a war is wrecking shop or a good mage/rogue is putting in work in follow them to the ends of the earth to heal them. Saving them before i save myself. I usually only pick about 3-4 people in a warfront that i heal and everybody else gets splash.

Like said before if i wanted to top charts all day i could just spam NF, vile spores, or be a derp spamming voidlife like im in a dungeon, That way ill be hitting multiple ppl with heals all the time and also doing damage. Boom top of the charts. I must be the special butterfly that does amazing on chloro and is such a baller healer because im top of the charts.
    Last edited by Queezy; 04-21-2012 at 11:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread