• 1 Post By Azchire
  • 1 Post By Sariina
  • 4 Post By Azchire
  • 1 Post By Violacea

Thread: TRION: You OWE Wardens More Detailed Patch Notes

Rift Disciple

Default TRION: You OWE Wardens More Detailed Patch Notes

Subject says it all. Rage responsibly.

Instead of posting a pointless thread with no support to your claim. Your time could have been better spent in a WF reading your combat logs on how your healing was effective after the patch. 2 cents.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Instead of posting a pointless thread with no support to your claim. Your time could have been better spent in a WF reading your combat logs on how your healing was effective after the patch. 2 cents.
    Why is it our job to waste time at guessing because Trion won't give us the numbers?

If they want us to adapt, Fine ... but at least tell us where we stand.

Are you against Patch Updates actually "updating" you on your class situation?

It's called Patch Notes, not Patch Teases. Give us the numbers.

Because we can't handle the truth of the devastation. Ignorance is bliss?

We should go into Trion's balancing-tools shed and show everyone the steel sledgehammer with the word "nerfbat" engraved in it. That would probably tell us enough about the numbers...
    Last edited by Azchire; 04-18-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    Why is it our job to waste time at guessing because Trion won't give us the numbers?
    The Cleric lead posted the numbers when they were being tested on the PTS. I mean, of course if you are this serious about you're class you were obviously there for testing and provided valuable feedback in the thread asking for it, right?

Warden

Soothing Stream: Now heals 60% of normal in PvP.
    Healing Flood: Now heals 50% of normal in PvP.
    Healing Spray: Now heals 70% of normal in PvP.
    Overflow: Now heals 25% of normal in PvP.
    Deluge: Now immune to pushback.
    Revitalizing Waters: Now counts everyone's HoTs instead of just your own (max 6 still).

Sentinel

Healing Communion: Now heals 85% of normal in PvP.
    Healing Invocation: Now immune to pushback.
    Empowering Light: Now only chooses targets that have a Poison, Disease, or Curse on them.

Purifier

Restorative Flame: Now immune to pushback.
    Rite of the Ancestors: Can no longer be cast on a target currently under the effects of Spiritual Conflagration.
    Ward of the Ancestors: Can no longer be cast on a target currently under the effects of Rite of the Ancestors or Spiritual Conflagration.
    Gathering of the Ancestors: No longer attempts to hit players already under the effects of Rite of the Ancestors or Spiritual Conflagration.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    The Cleric lead posted the numbers when they were being tested on the PTS. I mean, of course if you are this serious about you're class you were obviously there for testing and provided valuable feedback in the thread asking for it, right?
    Yes, but all of us who have played Rift long enough know that PTS does not equal the Official Update.

We need to know if they went with their designs from PTS, or if player feedback changed any of those numbers.

Could you find me where the Dev team has stated that the Official Patch Release is Exactly the same as the PTS trials?

Warden

Revitalizing Waters: Now counts everyone's HoTs instead of just your own (max 6 still).

Sentinel

Empowering Light: Now only chooses targets that have a Poison, Disease, or Curse on them.

Purifier

Rite of the Ancestors: Can no longer be cast on a target currently under the effects of Spiritual Conflagration.
    Ward of the Ancestors: Can no longer be cast on a target currently under the effects of Rite of the Ancestors or Spiritual Conflagration.
    Gathering of the Ancestors: No longer attempts to hit players already under the effects of Rite of the Ancestors or Spiritual Conflagration.

Aka...

Soothing Stream: -40% (SLEDGEHAMMER)
    Healing Flood: -50% (BIGGAR SLEDGEHAMMAR)
    Healing Spray: -30% (Nerfhammer)
    Overflow: -75% (ATOMIC NERFBOMB)
    Deluge: Now immune to pushback. (baby buff? maybe?)
    Healing Communion: -15% (Hmm, we'll try small nerfs just to stir things up, EDGY!)
    Last edited by Azchire; 04-18-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Didn't give clerics numbers because they react with little girl tears.

They don't give you details because all you do is OMG NERF OMG BUFF OMG HIT WITH NERFHAMMER

Rift Master

So you mean they are exactly like every other class.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Azchire View Post
    Aka...

Soothing Stream: -40% (SLEDGEHAMMER)
    Healing Flood: -50% (BIGGAR SLEDGEHAMMAR)
    Healing Spray: -30% (Nerfhammer)
    Overflow: -75% (ATOMIC NERFBOMB)
    Deluge: Now immune to pushback. (baby buff? maybe?)
    Healing Communion: -15% (Hmm, we'll try small nerfs just to stir things up, EDGY!)
    This is why we can't have nice things.

err...

This is why we can't have nice Patchnotes!

I don't know why they are getting lazy. Their wording is incredibly sloppy altogether lately.

I posted about buffs that just say 1h for duration. They are not precise like the OP suggested for patch notes. Or even Eq2 at least let you click a box called 'pvp' that showed you the pvp values of your ability if it was different in those circumstances. Clarity and spelling things out goes a long way. It's no worse than things like how the RS buffs were worded. "increases damage" and other vague terminology when it's actually % gains. Now the way they changed something like EM - it now says really clearly how it works. 40% of (something I didn't read it close earlier when i logged on real quick) and increases by 4% per point spent over whatever number. Way more clear on how much more impact you are getting per point spent.

Just blah overall - I wish they were more precise about changes and wording their game text. I guess patch notes would be another good area for improvement too. Nothing wrong with OP's complaint, it's annoying dealing with vague things when there is no necessity for vagueness.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Yes that's why. Thank you Ms. Constructive. Trololololo

Rift Disciple

Default Still Waiting?

So, unless I missed something big ...

Have you gotten around to giving us the %'s on those nerfs, Trion? We've been running parsers, but we're getting conflicting numbers between 35% - 65%.

Please consider imparting unto us mere mortals some of your godly knowledge ... or lock this thread.

Warden

Sentinel

Purifier

Wouldn't have mattered. Trion also posted they were gonna push this stuff live and make necessary adjustments based on feedback. So, I guess the new PTS for Trion is live and the PTS is just um...well I dunno what the point of the PTS is based on Trion's approach to 1.8. Might as well take it down if they're just gonna push stuff live and use feedback there to make "necessary adjustments."
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

+ Reply to Thread