+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Warden state now ?

Default Warden state now ?

From the patchnotes you can read this.
    So....am I understanding it correct that the HoT's do infact still stack now, but only heals for less ?

WARDEN
    * Fixed line of sight requirements on Cascade, Orbs of the Tide, and Orbs of the Stream.
    * Deluge: The Revitalizing Water HoT now scales based on any HoTs existing on the target, not just ones you cast on them. No longer suffers from casting pushback.
    * Healing Flood: Now heals for less in PvP.
    * Healing Spray: Now heals for less in PvP.
    * Overflow: Now heals for less in PvP situations.
    * Soothing Stream: Now heals for less in PvP.
    Last edited by Vivvi; 04-18-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    From the patchnotes you can read this.
    So....am I understanding it correct that the HoT's do infact still stack now, but only heals for less ?

WARDEN
    * Fixed line of sight requirements on Cascade, Orbs of the Tide, and Orbs of the Stream.
    * Deluge: The Revitalizing Water HoT now scales based on any HoTs existing on the target, not just ones you cast on them. No longer suffers from casting pushback.
    * Healing Flood: Now heals for less in PvP.
    * Healing Spray: Now heals for less in PvP.
    * Overflow: Now heals for less in PvP situations.
    * Soothing Stream: Now heals for less in PvP.
    Yes but they heal for MUCH less.

How much less ?

Something like 40% less if I remember right, but that needs confirmation.

I don't know

/char
    Last edited by Cedius; 04-18-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    \

Last we saw, about 40%. Vague patch notes don't give us any more than that, but it's alot less.

Ascendant

From when the PTS notes were out:

Warden

Soothing Stream: Now heals 60% of normal in PvP.
    Healing Flood: Now heals 50% of normal in PvP.
    Healing Spray: Now heals 70% of normal in PvP.
    Overflow: Now heals 25% of normal in PvP.
    Deluge: Now immune to pushback.
    Revitalizing Waters: Now counts everyone's HoTs instead of just your own (max 6 still).

Wait till weekend WF to get a real verdict.
    I hope its PS, it will really see if there are any true difference since you will be going up against max amount of aoe specs. If you can heal that, you should be fairly fine.

Even as 33/33 Sent/Ward there is a huge difference in healing already... it ain't pretty.

Edit: I don't need to wait for the weekend to realize that I'm ****ed in healing.
    Last edited by Edany; 04-18-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edany View Post
    Even as 33/33 Sent/Ward there is a huge difference in healing already... it ain't pretty.

Edit: I don't need to wait for the weekend to realize that I'm ****ed in healing.
    I guess for a lot of people who don't focus on pvp, this may not be a huge deal.

Since WF's are really the only reason now I log on my cleric, I guess the soon OpenBeta Tera and the new GW2 came at the right time.

Reminds me of what happened in Warhammer to DoK.
    Last edited by seville; 04-18-2012 at 12:03 PM.

I am just trying to understand somewhat the reasoning behind nerfing an entire line. Stacking was an issue, so nerf stacking, allow only 4 per player, and have the stacks overwrite with whoever's cast.

But they nerfed along with it damn near everything else, forcing people to rely on ST healing (which would be fine if it weren't for the ******ed cast times). Now everything is reduced, on top of the heal debuffs, on top of what heals we cast healing rogues, on top of increased dps for rogues / warriors... and it's mighty mighty painful.

Edit: I guess I wasn't expecting the severity of it to affect me as much as it did since I wasn't 51 Ward.
    Last edited by Edany; 04-18-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Just speculation, but 51 wardens may feel it a lot less than half breeds.
    However the OF nerf which was a major pilar of 51 viability coupled with everything else, makes 51 less viable.

But I haven't pvpd yet.

Rift Master

Haven't tested it yet, but I'm guessing these warden nerfs get cut in half within a week. In fact, I'm reasonably certain that was the plan all along - overnerf, then give something back. Sorta pleases people on both sides of the "nerf clerics" debate.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Edany View Post
    I am just trying to understand somewhat the reasoning behind nerfing an entire line. Stacking was an issue, so nerf stacking, allow only 4 per player, and have the stacks overwrite with whoever's cast.

But they nerfed along with it damn near everything else, forcing people to rely on ST healing (which would be fine if it weren't for the ******ed cast times). Now everything is reduced, on top of the heal debuffs, on top of what heals we cast healing rogues, on top of increased dps for rogues / warriors... and it's mighty mighty painful.

Edit: I guess I wasn't expecting the severity of it to affect me as much as it did since I wasn't 51 Ward.
    It's just bad game design.

Putting aside anything about the numbers, Warden was a brilliantly designed soul that really made it fun to heal. With the changes in PvP, we're trading mobility (what was unique to Warden) for a more powerful single-target, cast-time heal ... something that is common to every healing soul and spec in every MMO.

I don't think it was worth it to gut such a well-designed soul because the designers didn't have the foresight to balance things properly.

And for us full-time Wardens, I guess it's going to be like knocking us down to 1200 SP when we've worked so hard to get in the 2300-2400 range (with Powerstone/Wrath Spikes) in PvP. It's just really bad game design when the only fix the developers know how to do is to take something away from players.

I'm not saying cross-healing didn't need an adjustment, but I think it could have been handled much better than it was.
    Arete@Threesprings - Starslight@Wolfsbane

Hmm so its that bad huh ?
    Guess I did right in putting my cleric on the shelf after all when I first saw the early notes from testserver

Tbh its the same on every goddam game. Dps moans about not being able to kill without putting any effort into learning. Then they go and nerf the healers and now any scrub can kill us. Its no use playing healer when it ends up like this.
    I guess devs never learn do they.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast