+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Let the 1.8 Cleric healing nerf rants officially begin!!!

  1. #1
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default Let the 1.8 Cleric healing nerf rants officially begin!!!

    Because Trion has obviously NOT been listening up until now...

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    But wait... Trion <3 Casters... How can this be?

  3. #3
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    This is the final straw I am going dps now.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    This is the final straw I am going dps now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Tyrannicus P8 Cleric <Affinity> 215,000+ kills
    So you got 215K kills as a healer? Nerf Clerics! . . . and Viod Bolt!

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    So you got 215K kills as a healer? Nerf Clerics! . . . and Viod Bolt!
    I'm all for nerfing Viod bolt, as long as we leave Void Bolt alone :P

  6. #6
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    695

    Default

    I heard that....

    1. Mages, Warriors, Rogues and Clerics are all over powered.

    2. Healing is way over powered and 1 cleric can laugh as 5 dpsers beat on them without being hurt.

    3. Mages, Warriors, Rogues, and Clerics are all under powered.

    4. Healing is worthless because 1 healer can't out heal 1 dpser.

    5. Tanking is worthless because they die too fast and can't kill anything.

    6. Range damage is worthless because melee all have gap closers.

    7. Tanking is over powered because they can't be killed, and do enough damage to kill others.

    8 Range damage is over powered because they can kill melee before melee have a chance to close with them.


    I'm sure there are other "facts" about PvP.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    I heard that....
    A-well everybody's heard about the bird
    Bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well-a bird bird bird, bird is the word
    A-well-a bird bird bird, well-a bird is the word
    A-well-a bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well a bird bird bird, well-a bird is the word
    A-well-a bird bird b-bird's the word
    A-well-a bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well-a bird bird bird, well the bird is the word
    A-well-a bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well-a don't you know about the bird?
    Well everybody knows that the bird is the word

    A-well-a bird bird b-bird's the word
    A-well-a

    A-well-a everybody's hearin' about the bird
    Bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well-a bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well-a bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well-a bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well-a bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well-a bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well-a bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well-a bird bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well-a don't you know about the bird?
    Well everybody's talkin' all about the bird!

    A-well-a bird bird, b-bird's the word
    A-well a bird

    Surfin' bird

    [gibberish]

    Well don't you know about the bird?
    Well everybody knows that the bird is the word!
    A-well-a bird bird, b-bird's the word

    -Peter Griffin
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  8. #8
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    Because Trion has obviously NOT been listening up until now...
    I can't figre out whether to laugh or sigh.
    Last edited by Aguni; 04-18-2012 at 08:00 AM.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Bad clerics will protest and refuse to heal. (But who cares, they are bad right?)
    Good clerics will realize that they are still the only viable healers and continue having huge impacts on matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    We have the special ability to convert warrior entitlement into rogue tears so we will never run out.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Ming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz1 View Post
    Bad clerics will protest and refuse to heal. (But who cares, they are bad right?)
    Good clerics will realize that they are still the only viable healers and continue having huge impacts on matches.
    Or....Go DPS anyway, winning be damned.
    Or... woodchucks
    Or... I heart Pizza
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    My 2 cents...
    Most people greatly over react to nerfs, especially those that force them to change their play style. I actually posted a long long time ago that they needed to remove the pushback on heal spells and make casted heals the main form of healing. It adds much more positional strategy to PvP and makes protecting healers/staying in LoS even more important.


    However, since they chose to do this change after the game has been out for over a year I think there will definitely be more adjustments needed. But like I said, I think its better for PvP overall to have cleric healers rely more on heals with casting times.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    So now I can get on my cleric and people will think i'm a trendy raging healer who won't heal.

    I think i'm going to encourage it.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-18-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  13. #13
    Tml
    Tml is offline
    Plane Touched Tml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Is this like the Merc whining v2.0?

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tml View Post
    Is this like the Merc whining v2.0?
    No, because this isn't awesome and doesn't drastically improve play time by reducing queues to almost nothing. Though the nerf seems reasonable, as a bunny-hopping-team-tanking-raid healing warden something really did need to happen to it.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz1 View Post
    Bad clerics will protest and refuse to heal. (But who cares, they are bad right?)
    Good clerics will realize that they are still the only viable healers and continue having huge impacts on matches.
    Just because someone wont heal anymore due to being nerfed by like 50% does not mean they are 'bad' as you say. Im going to try it, verify its horrible now and you cant keep yourself or anyone alive, and Ill be done with it.

    Clerics already die plenty, we get marked, focused and we get dead. With the nerfs it will be impossible to keep yourself up against a similarly geared player, which makes healing pointless. We cant even do anything to defend ourselves so surviving until we got help was our only option.

    Why is it okay for a DPS to do X amount of damage but when a healer heals for that same amount, its OP?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts