+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RP-PvP Shard anytime soon?

Telaran

Default RP-PvP Shard anytime soon?

I know there was one, but I wasn't around when it went down. Any plans for a new one?

Having an RP-PvP shard locked up would probably be a good idea to appeal to the people who likes that kind of server, but I don't think it would be populated enough to be honest. That's the reason why those that were got locked down.

Telaran

I dunno. I played on emerald dream on wow and it was my favorite. It was a very populated rppvp server. Maybe rift doesn't have the customer base for it yet but its not unfeasible to make one of the existing pvp servers into an EP server and offer name changes server wide. I'm just sad I have to choose between rping and piping in an open world. Banking and whatnot. That's entire fun of a pvp server. Open world pvp with no real objectives other than holding the other factions town. Further, I haven't seen or heard of city battles. Is that not feasable ?

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I dunno. I played on emerald dream on wow and it was my favorite. It was a very populated rppvp server. Maybe rift doesn't have the customer base for it yet but its not unfeasible to make one of the existing pvp servers into an EP server and offer name changes server wide. I'm just sad I have to choose between rping and piping in an open world. Banking and whatnot. That's entire fun of a pvp server. Open world pvp with no real objectives other than holding the other factions town. Further, I haven't seen or heard of city battles. Is that not feasable ?
    Due to the optimization and other issues with Rift in general, city battles can be very difficult to make work properly. On Faeblight, the Seige of Meridian (ending to that phase of Telara Saga) caused the entire cluster to crash. We had 5 full raids of Defiant defending Meridian against the Gaisioch invasion, the game/servers could not handle it and went boom.
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrai View Post
    Due to the optimization and other issues with Rift in general, city battles can be very difficult to make work properly. On Faeblight, the Seige of Meridian (ending to that phase of Telara Saga) caused the entire cluster to crash. We had 5 full raids of Defiant defending Meridian against the Gaisioch invasion, the game/servers could not handle it and went boom.
    OK well 5 full raids even wow can't handle much less expect. I meant like 1 and a half against roughly the same. It would be so lagging it takes 15 seconds for an instant to go off but its epic to kill the guardian leader then camp his room or the crafting area or something. A full 5 raids wouldn't even be fun.

+ Reply to Thread