+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Gear

Rift Chaser

Default PVP Gear

I'm new to PVP so was wondering if there was a certain faction that gives better gear.. I'm a DPS warrior. How high is PVP ranking. What does favor do other than gear and if u max favor. does it go higher (max) or just have to lvl your rank for better gear..any other pvp info appreciated.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    I'm new to PVP so was wondering if there was a certain faction that gives better gear.. I'm a DPS warrior. How high is PVP ranking. What does favor do other than gear and if u max favor. does it go higher (max) or just have to lvl your rank for better gear..any other pvp info appreciated.
    I wouldnt be concerned with the cap anytime soon. You have ALOT of grinding to do before youll get there. There are currently 40 prestiges to go through and it will take quite alot of favor to gear up.

Neither faction has an advantage in gear, it is the same.

Hmmm... Where to start...

1. Yes, favor is used to purchase PvP Gear (mandatory if you're going to PvP and live to whine about it).

2. Prestige is what is earned to get you your next rank.

3. There is no such thing as a low rank DPS warrior. Even if you think you are, you aren't. Find a good support spec and make it your mission in life to keep your healers alive or to drain and annoy the enemy healers. You can go back to DPS at around R30 or higher.

4. Use pots, use armor plating, use insoles, use everything available to boost yourself, you're going to need it.

5. Learn how to prioritize your targets. Beating on another tank is a waste of time. Learn how to spot healers and casters (blue bars). A VM Tank is the bane of a cleric's existence.

6. Inspect the gear of higher rank warriors, see what they do and try to achieve that or get as close as you can to it. Don't be afraid to ask other good warriors what they do / how they do it.

7. Do every PvP daily until you gain max favor with the Order of the Eye.

8. As a melee class you will need to find a way to maximize your +Hit - optimally 200 (a PvE stat that matters in PvP even though it should not). It makes a big big difference. Easy if you PvE a lot. It is not available on any PvP gear currently.

9. Valor. Get some, as much as possible. You are nothing more than a trash mob without any.

10. Good luck, we all get frustrated at times, but if you can hang in there, it will be worth it.

+ Reply to Thread