+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anmila

Thread: help with my healing cleric in the 39 bracket

Default help with my healing cleric in the 39 bracket

Hello all.

so i made a 39 twink (hate if you want i dont care) i made it to heal i dont have too much experience with a cleric not at this lvl anyway.
    i do enjoy healing a lot i like keeping the normal players and twinks up and fighting

here is my prob i am getting ganked like a mofo from rogue twinks and warriors now i did expect this to happen everyone wants to kill the healer its rule #1 in pvp

but i did not think i would be getting dominated like this and it kinda sucks i can have 3 HoT on me bubble and orbs and boom!!! im freaking dead
    ok this is the break down i have well over 600 spell power and 270-300 spell crit. cant recall right now
    3600hp 3500 mana 2000+ armor
    im decked out in blues and professor plumbs i have 4 specs right now and been trying to find one that works for me but nothing i do sees to work and i was hoping maybe a cleric could help me out or maybe tell me what i am doing wrong

please dont start a flame war over this im just looking for info to help
    "Out of all the things i have lost, I miss my mind the most"

The best advice I can give you is to go Sent/Ward, and use cleanses with your heals. Cleansing is the most under used ability by most healers and yet can make the most difference.

Also, kiting is always key as a healer, but chances are if you have melee on you, you will be doing more damage to yourself by panicking and running around like a chicken with it's head cut off (something that they are counting on), rather than just facing them (try to never turn your back to a rogue), cleansing, using a cool down to instant then hot yourself, shield, what have you (while backing INTO whatever support you can find to help you).

Positioning is the biggest issue here, and the most common thing for a healer to do is try to hide waaaaaay in the back, standing out of the frey all by themselves. Rogues know this too and are more than happy to beat the crap out of you while you are out of range of any assistance and hardly anyone pans around them these days it seems to look behind them anyway. Don't try so hard to avoid the physical battle. As soon as they realize you're healing you're going to be targeted anyway. Try to stay in the middle of your group so that if someone is blasting AoE they'll get caught in it, they're more likely to be discovered hitting you and you'll get a faster assist from the tab targetters next to you, etc. Make them work for it, don't be the fat juicy plum waiting to be picked in the back. Heh.

You already know that gear is also going to play a big factor in this, but when I use this tactic on rogues, 8/10 cannot take me down solo. A few can, but they are a combination of skilled and geared players. If I have more than 1 on me, it takes more work. Any more than 2 on me, and I absolutely should die unless I am getting cross healed and dps / tanks are helping me out. I never count on this.

I also try to carry around a nice fat stack of mana pots for those pesky mana drainers. God how I hate them. <shakes fists>. I carry around health pots for when I can't cast anything and just need that extra second or two to live until I can. That usually carries me through for another round of healing before I'm out again, at which point, either we have won the battle or we haven't (which means we weren't going to anyway).

Don't forget to use armor plating, endurance pots, insoles, etc. etc. etc.
    Last edited by Edany; 04-17-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Rift Chaser

The biggest problem you will face is the NB/RS builds. they blip and they have a 50% heal reduction. Seriously, I can't tell you the number of times I smash healers on my baby cleric because they can't heal themselves.

Best thing to do is:

1) keep yourself constantly in battle, NB rogues can mez you when you are in battle.
    2) SotA is useful, since it absorbs % amount of damage. Use it constantly if you can
    3) If you can, make a sent/warden/justi build for DoL, TtL, and the big heal Sent's get. Touch the light is key, Tidal surge from warden's is key

If you have a 50% debuff on you, and tidal surge gives you 30%, you're still kinda effective.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by DravonsBlade View Post
    Hello all.

so i made a 39 twink (hate if you want i dont care) i made it to heal i dont have too much experience with a cleric not at this lvl anyway.
    i do enjoy healing a lot i like keeping the normal players and twinks up and fighting

here is my prob i am getting ganked like a mofo from rogue twinks and warriors now i did expect this to happen everyone wants to kill the healer its rule #1 in pvp

but i did not think i would be getting dominated like this and it kinda sucks i can have 3 HoT on me bubble and orbs and boom!!! im freaking dead
    ok this is the break down i have well over 600 spell power and 270-300 spell crit. cant recall right now
    3600hp 3500 mana 2000+ armor
    im decked out in blues and professor plumbs i have 4 specs right now and been trying to find one that works for me but nothing i do sees to work and i was hoping maybe a cleric could help me out or maybe tell me what i am doing wrong

please dont start a flame war over this im just looking for info to help
    I think your finding what the rest of us Clerics already knew but other classes dont, HoTs alone will not keep you up, not even close. Mostly they are fluff healing but cannont by any means sustain burst damage.

My best suggestion is to continue using HoTs but you absolutley must utilize Healing Breath from the Sentinal tree, as well as your 2 second casts in Warden. I use Healing Current quite often and Deluge will also help give you that big heal you need.

Right now those 2 second spells have pushback so sometimes youll get it off, sometimes you wont before you die, but not much you can do about it.

I think there is a big misunderstanding about how clerics are keeping themselves alive, yes it partly has to do with HoTs but those will not be your primary heals for sustaining any sort of burst damage.

+ Reply to Thread