+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: **removing inspect option*

Telaran

Default **removing inspect option*

Hello fellow mmorpger's,
    I have been playing mmorpgs for over twelve years, from UO & Everquest to Dark Age Of Camelot, Age of Conan, Nightfall, and many strategy like games. It takes lots of time to kill different NPCs & finish various quests to receive high valued items. It also takes a LONG time to put all of these different items together,to make them work. For example, current Bis fire essences are available from the Ignot merchant right now for level 19's to use in the warfronts. If you take the filter off, you can use str/power & the dex/power lessers which is working as attended. However, I think it is unfair that just because myself and others know this that EVERYONE gets to see my items. There are other examples i could use, like using Solition Blade Mainhand on rogue with Nihlists OH, or Certain Trinkets that give abilities.

Another DOWNSIDE of the inspect option is with the new warfront mercing, your opponent is now able to see your items. THIS is not good for too many reasons to list, the main one is easy "monkey-see monkey-do" and everyone will be running around with BIS gear/ BEst gear Setups.

Please change this
    -Unitedstates

This is a stupid request. We already know BiS gear from the plethora of spreadsheets on the matter.

Besides, you can tell someone's gear in PvP just based on their HP versus their buffs, even when they're on the other team, so inspect isn't even necessary to judge someone's equipment.

What, did you find a bug with certain gear and trying to hide it so only you can exploit it?

Inspect options tells me to recall or not.

Not sure I understand. You twinked out, but don't want anyone to know that you twinked out?
    Too funny and kinda sad

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Not sure I understand. You twinked out, but don't want anyone to know that you twinked out?
    Too funny and kinda sad
    If he's 50... is he a twink? I may be missing something, but I don't think he would still qualify as a twink, it would be more... "baller" or... "geared", or something.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

I can understand the point of this and on the surface even agree with it.

If a player takes the time to parse the logs, find the perfect combination of BiS items through a lot of work / grouping / grinding / questing / farming, what have you, then that player has pretty much earned the results of all of the hard work.

If that player doesn't want to share the efforts of all of that hard work with Joe McBad, who only has to do a simple "inspect" to see the exact setup and do none of the work short of imitation, then they shouldn't be forced to.
    Nobody wants someone riding on their coattails.

However, (and I'm in this position myself), just because I see someone wearing what would be considered BIS gear, doesn't mean that I will ever be able to actually attain that gear. I've never stepped foot into a raid in this game, and because I have no guild other than the one I and my boyfriend made, no PvE gear / PvE experience I will probably never see the inside of HK, even after ID comes out. I will never have the benefit of that, even if I can inspect it on someone else.

If someone considers your items worthy enough to emulate, they would still need to know your exact build, the macro setups you may use, your tactics, your skill, etc in order to achieve your results. They would also have to have the capability and support to follow in your footsteps and attain all of it. Not likely, or they would have already been good enough to do it on their own without inspecting your stuff in the first place.

Long story short: moot point.

Telaran

If im using pve gear setup with my pvp gear to get +hits/power while achieving nice levels of valor to pvp with. And that setup is owning. It's not fair that the entire world gets to see my rings/items/essences.

They should spend their own time figuring it out.

And if ALL OF THIS is available online, then remove inspect.

Also, I know how to(as im sure many of you do) /filter off merchants and use warrior/rogue gear to achieve the attack power instead of crit, since it's harder to cap. Well, not everybody knows this, not everyone mixed warrior with rogue T3 pvp gear with Pve Gear.. And it's my OWN unique setup, it's not fair that other people get to see it.. THen be like ""Ooooh that's what you're using, pve stuff!" then straight up copy me [EDIT]

[EDIT]monkey-see-monkey do..

AND ANYONE opposed to this is a noob who has relied on inspect to get through games in the past, because you don't have a clue
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 04-17-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Too funny and kinda sad
    I don't care if people know that i have a 19 twink.
    " For example, current Bis fire essences are available from the Ignot merchant right now for level 19's to use in the warfronts. If you take the filter off, you can use str/power & the dex/power lessers which is working as attended. I also use runes that are Rep required and not everyone knows they work. However, I think it is unfair that just because myself and others know this that EVERYONE gets to see my items."

PS: It's not exploiting, it's using my [EDIT]brain.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 04-17-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

Prophet of Telara

You aren't that cool and you aren't doing anything groundbreaking. So seriously, find something better to cry about.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    You aren't that cool and you aren't doing anything groundbreaking. So seriously, find something better to cry about.
    I like to duel guardians who have twinks that are level 19. ANd i didn't start doing this until i got rolled trying to lvl an alt, then got my revenge on those guardian twinks..Anyways, For weeks after that I have owned them all on my rogue unitedstates. When planar Attunement came out i found that you could use lighting glyphs on level 19 weapons, what happened a week later? My foes had glyphs. Recently with the merc add on, many of those foes have copied my exact planar core, and even my runes/items/weapons. It's obvious they copied me because i inpsected them too after they started putting up a little harder of a fight. When i accused them of Momkey see monkey do, he said it was part of the game! LOL

That pretty much sums up why inspect should be removed. If you want to compete AT ANY LEVEL, FIGURE OUT **** ON YOUR OWN

So yes, i am that cool. come at me
    Last edited by herbdoctor; 04-17-2012 at 08:29 AM.

So what you're saying is, you couldn't win off of skill, so you had to win with better gear. Once they had equal gear, they went back to farming you. I see....

Nothing better than adding a feature that takes away a feature. :/
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Edany View Post
    So what you're saying is, you couldn't win off of skill, so you had to win with better gear. Once they had equal gear, they went back to farming you. I see....
    i didn't say that.

and no one out there has beaten me yet

you are not a unique snowflake

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by herbdoctor View Post
    Hello fellow mmorpger's,

Please change this
    -Unitedstates
    Dear United States, you clearly have forgotten the fundamental principles upon which our once great Republic was founded. Greed and complaining. For example, I don't like paying taxes to the British, because I want it for myself...so I'll throw a BF and throw tea in the Boston bay.

Forward 200+ years, march your greedy self interested butt down to your local patent office and trademark, copywrite and patent those l33t gear strats and über pvp skills and sue the crap outta anyone using them.

Let's start a petition to get those little "r" with the circle around it by our names. All rights reserved, patent pending.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast