+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: TWINKS exist for only one purpose - grief.

Soulwalker

Default TWINKS exist for only one purpose - grief.

There is zero competitive aspect to using a higher level character to gear up a lower one to fight others who have not reached anywhere near the ability to do that yet.

There are levels for a reason; so you can determine fairness and have proper matching events. A level 39 twink with 7k hps might as well be 50. So just because the NUMBER of their level doesn't change they are still allowed to fight others the same level even though they practically out level others by a lot?

Why even have level based Qs, fighting a group of level 39 twinks at level 37 with decent gear on you might as well be level 12 and lets be honest here they always flock together and the Q system does NOT prevent team stacking with Merc it's LOL at best

Raise your hand if you are NOT fooled..
    Last edited by Wrenthirtysix; 04-16-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Have you ever tried looking at it this way?

LolJerkfaceelitestP40 has been playing the same class since release, he knows how long it takes to get to P40, but would like to compete with a different class.

Trion implements xp lock.

LolJerkface can now put 3-4 hours into a toon, and play it in lower brackets, and not be hassled with the grind to P40.

Most Twinks aren't made to grief, they are made because competing at "End Game" PvP takes far to much time.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post

Most Twinks aren't made to grief, they are made because competing at "End Game" PvP takes far to much time.
    Both Blizzard and Sony proved that logic to be blatantly false Twinks are there to curb stomp undergeared players, and if any system is implemented where they can no longer curb stomp undergeared players and are forced to face other twinks, they magically disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Both Blizzard and Sony proved that logic to be blatantly false Twinks are there to curb stomp undergeared players, and if any system is implemented where they can no longer curb stomp undergeared players and are forced to face other twinks, they magically disappear.
    Don't make me recite the entire history of WoW twinking just to prove you wrong...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    Don't make me recite the entire history of WoW twinking just to prove you wrong...
    From what I remember, once the twinks were separated into their own queues, they started gearing with BoA gear so they could stay in the regular queues and still curb stomp. The few twinks that were actually interested in playing against other twinks were upset because this huge population of twinks had suddenly vanished overnight and the queues were atrocious.

Twinks are a bunch of felines, if you get my drift.

I'm with this guy.

If twinks aren't there just to make people cry, I'll be really impressed.
    ~Quiescent

Sword of Telara

Nerf Bacon, it's awesomeness is overwhelming.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

From what I remember, once the twinks were separated into their own queues, they started gearing with BoA gear so they could stay in the regular queues and still curb stomp. The few twinks that were actually interested in playing against other twinks were upset because this huge population of twinks had suddenly vanished overnight and the queues were atrocious.

Twinks are a bunch of felines, if you get my drift.
    /sigh...

Let's see if the short version is going to suffice for this.

You, obviously, do not remember what went on before they split the queues. Either that or you simply weren't paying attention and have fallen victim to your standard anti-twink rhetoric.

Due to changes in how twinks worked, many people stopped playing their twinks long before Blizzard split the queues. By the time they did split the queues, the twink community was already too small to support their own queues.

Just to add, if all twinks are just there to stomp people, why do people make healing and support twinks?

Yes, some people make twinks just for roflstomping others, but trying to assign a single motivation to an entire group of diverse people just doesn't fly. Sorry, but in this case (as in most cases) sweeping generalizations just fail.
    Last edited by Meina; 04-16-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Have you ever tried looking at it this way?

LolJerkfaceelitestP40 has been playing the same class since release, he knows how long it takes to get to P40, but would like to compete with a different class.

Trion implements xp lock.

LolJerkface can now put 3-4 hours into a toon, and play it in lower brackets, and not be hassled with the grind to P40.

^ What he said.

I don't think twinking is -good- for the game because low-level twinking turns matches into gib-fests. However, 2.8 million favor in on my main and I -still- haven't caught up gear-wise. The "endgame" pvp in Rift is such a grindfest that low-level pvp becomes the only way someone with a life/job can actually compete with a different class than their main.

If I had to blame something for twinking, it wouldn't be xp-lock, it would be the stupidly long grind at level 50.
    Last edited by Azchire; 04-16-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I'm with this guy.

If twinks aren't there just to make people cry, I'll be really impressed.
    The only crying going on are the people who don't take the time to find a build, work on it, find the gear, and get competative.

I have a 29 twink, who is twink out the <inset explicative of your choice> and I went up against QUITE a few twinks yesterday. Infact, I got rolled by a level 29 RS/NB quite ALOT yesterday. If I was afraid of twinks, I'd have logged when I saw the first level 29 coming at me.

My baby rogue whom I've dusted off and began with a new build only has PvP gear, and world drops. No dungeon gear, just drops, and I am holding my own, thanks to a certain rogue.

The best WF I had was a 999/1000 win in library. Wooo what a good game. Did my fair share of killing and getting killed.

LOL@QQ'ers.

Trion has done a LOT to reel in overtwinking. However, some progress is still required, but I am sure they will get to it. But for now, the stuff that had made twinking over the top was exponentially brought into place. I support THOSE who work on their character to get what they need to be better at what they do. The gear helps long enough to be survivable to learn what they need to do to be the best.

You'll rarely meet a pyro who can make tanks want to smash tehir own faces in with their axes at hoe utterly difficult, if not impossible I am to kill. As a squishy mage. But then again, they can call up my favorite rogue and sic her on me :P

Get over the whininess. Gear up, learn from others. Think to ask people what specs they have, what gear they wear, I assure you, people are FAR more easy to talk to than you'd first believe.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    /sigh...

Let's see if the short version is going to suffice for this.

You, obviously, do not remember what went on before they split the queues. Either that or you simply weren't paying attention and have fallen victim to your standard anti-twink rhetoric.

Due to changes in how twinks worked, many people stopped playing their twinks long before Blizzard split the queues. By the time they did split the queues, the twink community was already too small to support their own queues.

Just to add, if all twinks are just there to stomp people, why do people make healing and support twinks?

Yes, some people make twinks just for roflstomping others, but trying to assign a single motivation to an entire group of diverse people just doesn't fly. Sorry, but in this case (as in most cases) sweeping generalizations just fail.
    I'm going to go ahead and lean toward sweeping generalizations being right on the mark in this case. Still love ya, though.

Just a side note, I don't have a Twink, after hitting P40 and getting bored with PvP I retired to the forums.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Azchire View Post
    ^ What he said.

I don't think twinking is -good- for the game because low-level twinking turns matches into gib-fests. However, 2.8 million favor in on my main and I -still- haven't caught up gear-wise. The "endgame" pvp in Rift is such a grindfest that low-level pvp becomes the only way someone with a life/job can actually compete with a different class than their main.

If I had to blame something for twinking, it wouldn't be xp-lock, it would be the stupidly long grind at level 50.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I play my 39 twink because I've been playing 2 months on my 50 just to get to rank 24(shows how often I play). At 39, it seems every game has at least 6-7 twinks, so I'm no longer just facerolling the entire other team, it's now as if I were at r40 playing other r40s, with a few r10s thrown in here and there. Besides in games where I absolutely demolish other players I choose to heal(my twink is a cleric) because I actually genuinely feel bad when I one shot people. Not all twinks are just in it to faceroll, as much as it may feel if you're being facerolled. I genuinely don't have enough time outside of work to grind r40 in a matter of weeks.

Ascendant

Just a side note, I don't have a Twink, after hitting P40 and getting bored with PvP I retired to the forums.
    If you use spellchecker, you're already curb stomping the competition, you twink you.

Sony? Hope you're talking EQ1 here. EQ2 had full sets of PvP armor for all tiers under 90. Level 39 warfronts were awesome.

Anyway nice thread, didn't realise people had a problem with twinks, until now.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast