+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 1.8 tomorrow?

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default 1.8 tomorrow?

    Someone told me they are going live with 1.8 tomorrow according to Rifts Facebook account. I havent seen it posted on the forums anywhere, but if it is coming out, todays your last day for us Clerics to heal!

    Id suspect well see a fair amount of healers on tonight since we wont be playing them anymore when the patch hits.

  2. #2
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Someone told me they are going live with 1.8 tomorrow according to Rifts Facebook account. I havent seen it posted on the forums anywhere, but if it is coming out, todays your last day for us Clerics to heal!

    Id suspect well see a fair amount of healers on tonight since we wont be playing them anymore when the patch hits.
    Hmmm. Unlike you I can't speak for everyone, but I intend to play my Cleric tomorrow and every day after.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Someone told me they are going live with 1.8 tomorrow according to Rifts Facebook account. I havent seen it posted on the forums anywhere, but if it is coming out, todays your last day for us Clerics to heal!

    Id suspect well see a fair amount of healers on tonight since we wont be playing them anymore when the patch hits.
    Over exaggerated whining, same story as every patch. Let it hit, play for a month, then if you can't figure out how to heal come back to the forums to QQ.

    No reason to start another riot just before a patch.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riwijo View Post
    Hmmm. Unlike you I can't speak for everyone, but I intend to play my Cleric tomorrow and every day after.
    Have fun being a training dummy. You wont be able to keep yourself up nevermind anyone else.

    Ill still play my Cleric, just not as a healer because there will be no point.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Over exaggerated whining, same story as every patch. Let it hit, play for a month, then if you can't figure out how to heal come back to the forums to QQ.

    No reason to start another riot just before a patch.
    Just giving people their fair warning that patch day is coming. Everyone knows the problems with the patch and have already logged all of the complaints about it, but the patch is still coming and its still going to ruin PvP.

    Personally I think this is pretty bad timing for Trion to be making such harsh changes to PvP when so many other games are coming down the pipe.

  6. #6
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Someone told me they are going live with 1.8 tomorrow according to Rifts Facebook account. I havent seen it posted on the forums anywhere, but if it is coming out, todays your last day for us Clerics to heal!

    Id suspect well see a fair amount of healers on tonight since we wont be playing them anymore when the patch hits.
    Are these Warden tears I taste? How sweet the flavour! More tears!!!
    Last edited by Laban of C O; 04-16-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

  7. #7
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Healing in rift is hard

  8. #8
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Just giving people their fair warning that patch day is coming. Everyone knows the problems with the patch and have already logged all of the complaints about it, but the patch is still coming and its still going to ruin PvP.

    Personally I think this is pretty bad timing for Trion to be making such harsh changes to PvP when so many other games are coming down the pipe.
    Can you say hyperbole.

    I am sure it is Trions intention to distroy PvP, and that they don't have wits enough how to make it work. I am also sure they want to distroy clerics, and mages, and warriors and only allow rogues to PvP. Yes that makes perfect sense to me.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riwijo View Post
    Can you say hyperbole.

    I am sure it is Trions intention to distroy PvP, and that they don't have wits enough how to make it work. I am also sure they want to distroy clerics, and mages, and warriors and only allow rogues to PvP. Yes that makes perfect sense to me.
    Sure they dont intend to ruin their own game, why would they? Nevertheless, how could you deny they are destroying PvP healing? I think you dont really understand how thats not just going to effect the indivudual Cleric, but its going to effect everybody in those warfonts as well.

  10. #10
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Sure they dont intend to ruin their own game, why would they? Nevertheless, how could you deny they are destroying PvP healing? I think you dont really understand how thats not just going to effect the indivudual Cleric, but its going to effect everybody in those warfonts as well.
    Try playing it awhile after release. You may find it is not as bad as you think. Also remember, just because it was in test doesn't mean that it will be in release.

    I have found, through experience, that most changes are made to balance something that should be balanced, and most upset is because of losing that advantage.
    Last edited by Riwijo; 04-16-2012 at 09:20 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riwijo View Post
    Try playing it awhile after release. You may find it is not as bad as you think. Also remember, just because it was in test doesn't mean that it will be in release.

    I have found, through experience, that most changes are made to balance something that should be balanced, and most upset is because of losing that advantage.
    I highly doubt this is going to change between now and release. We know the percentages of the nerfs so you can pretty much tell what the outcome is going to be. I am going to try it but I already know well be doing at least 50% less healing because of the changes.

    Not sure what they would be balacing with this, seems like its okay for DPS to pump out a ton of damage, but its not okay for healers to heal the same amount of damage.

    I guess they want any 1 player to kill a healer on their own without having to worry about dying. As a healer, I cannot turn around and defend myself, I am at the mercy of my team to come help me. (waterjet now does less than 100 damage - lol)

    Anyway, if I cannot keep myself alive I certainly cannot be expected to keep others alive anymore either.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Someone told me they are going live with 1.8 tomorrow according to Rifts Facebook account. I havent seen it posted on the forums anywhere, but if it is coming out, todays your last day for us Clerics to heal!

    Id suspect well see a fair amount of healers on tonight since we wont be playing them anymore when the patch hits.
    Yeah I'll still be healing....why wouldn't I?

  13. #13
    Ascendant mistacrowley420's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    lol cause you can't jump around stacking hots tanking 4 people the game is over for you. madcusbad?

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    I highly doubt this is going to change between now and release.
    You must be new here *cough*valor*cough*. Everything is subject to change without notice. I'm sure you'll find plenty of ways to heal that don't include tanking an entire group while keeping your entire team alive.

    P.S. I'm a Cleric healer

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    I highly doubt this is going to change between now and release. We know the percentages of the nerfs so you can pretty much tell what the outcome is going to be. I am going to try it but I already know well be doing at least 50% less healing because of the changes.

    Not sure what they would be balacing with this, seems like its okay for DPS to pump out a ton of damage, but its not okay for healers to heal the same amount of damage.

    I guess they want any 1 player to kill a healer on their own without having to worry about dying. As a healer, I cannot turn around and defend myself, I am at the mercy of my team to come help me. (waterjet now does less than 100 damage - lol)

    Anyway, if I cannot keep myself alive I certainly cannot be expected to keep others alive anymore either.
    Don't worry, DPS has been nerfed to about 50% for a while now. It's called Valor. Welcome to the club!
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts