+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Laban of C O
  • 1 Post By Baramos

Thread: Instant Action Adventures

Sword of Telara

Default Instant Action Adventures

I've seen a bunch of threads about the "instant adventures" lately. I was thinking to myself... why don't they do a pvp version? Instant Action. You join, and are teleported to an area... flagged, and party of a raid trying to complete objectives vs the opposing factions team. This would make getting the open world kills in areas easier, have it not just be 3 areas it can port you to but some of the more obscure areas too.

Possible "Action Adventures"

1) First to 100. First team to 100 opposing player kills.
    2) Faction Farm. First team to farm 150 of the opposing factions npcs in an area.
    3) Stone Defence. Have each team take turns trying to defend one of their stones, and have the stone be healable. 8 minutes to nuke it, or you loose.
    4) Meh, the "stone runner" stuff that was going on for the world event. I margianlly enjoyed that.

And whatever other ideas folks have. Seems like it would spice up open world pvp a bit, and they could have it drop ISS and planarite as well..
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

You mean PvP Rifts?

Rift Disciple

There was at least one other post recently with a similar idea.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...dventures.html

I'm not a big PvPer, but I would try it.
    Last edited by SomethingWitty; 04-16-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Ascendant

PVP rifts mostly fail as a mechanic because open world is so dependent on numbers that one side generally just gives up. It's really really rare to have the two groups near teh same amount of people and have epic PVP rift battles.

The same would happen with open world PVP instant adventures. You'd have teams recruiting people who are not in the adventure to mess up the other teams and things (which would be fun, I admit) but would end up just being a zergfest.

I would propose instead a PVP sliver that would only allow for a certain number of people to join in on each side and only allow for more people to jump in if the factions are fairly even. Though, at that point why not just queue for war fronts . . . which is already what most people do.

Sword of Telara

Pvp rifts are... meh at best. It's a single mechanic that can take place in 4 different areas. Also, you have to get there. The world event pvp stuff was bringing more folks out, but having a quick "click and port" method to get wherever the action is, rather than having to figure out what area, then what the closest port is.. and then ride your mount out to the action might bring more folks. People are inherently lazy. I'd like it to have some of the other areas such as Droughtlands etc as well, quite honestly. Obviously it could be unbalanced, as anything in this game is. Heh. Having it only accept fairly close numbers of folks to each team would be ok.. but having it be actual open world is kind of key. Warfronts are boring as ****, same crap.. over and over. Being able to train folks into mobs, use hills and shrubs to hide, stuff like that is not common in the Warfronts. Scion is the only warfront that really has some of those qualities, and it is actually my favorite warfront. I just wish the boss rush only gave 500 points.

Main things I want:
    * Variety of scenery
    * Teleport option

I think it would be fun, as the running around and "same old ****" feel of the pvp rifts gets old after 2 or 3. Also... running flags is boring, running flags in Stillmore and Shimmer.. that **** is painful.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    You mean PvP Rifts?
    I think you mean Warfronts. =P

Plane Walker

I had a fun experience in an IA with a few guildies. It was an almost fun raid, with about 5 our of guys in mumble just chatting. We get to a wardstone quest, right as it was opening a major fire rift opened on top of us. Not sure how it happened but we were all laughing about it. As soon as the rift was close to closing, a group of about 10 guardians start running towards us. We were all laughing hysterically of how chaotic things were getting. That was fun!

This had has been tossed around a few times and even though has had a decent amount of support no luck so far. I think it would be a lot of fun if it was implemented correctly (say after the overpopulated faction gets a certain amount of players in one instant adventure area the next ones that join will go somewhere else).
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    This had has been tossed around a few times and even though has had a decent amount of support no luck so far. I think it would be a lot of fun if it was implemented correctly (say after the overpopulated faction gets a certain amount of players in one instant adventure area the next ones that join will go somewhere else).
    Seems like it would be an entertaining addition. IA are ok xp and break the boredom, having ones that encourages (and had teleport to keep it quick) pvp would be fun I think. And yes, having it balance the two sides by starting new folks who join in other areas if their side has too many members in one area would work.

~Quiescent

This would only work with group vs. group or with a third faction. We don't have a third faction so...
    Even free cost too much now

+ Reply to Thread