+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 1.8 and PVP

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,602

    Default 1.8 and PVP

    If Trion wants to nerf healing then fine. If they want to nerf warrior survivability then fine. They better nerf all ranged dps to compensate or warfronts will become out of control. If you think about it the nerf to healing and warrior survivability is essentially a buff to every ranged class in the game. If players cannot live long enough to hit you then you are essentially un-killable.

    This is partly why you see the trend of ranged dps mages and rogues only wearing pve HK gear. They try and assist target everyone until they are dead in seconds (in the current game environment and without any of the upcoming nerfs). If they get in trouble use CC and run. It is stupid and poor game design. I mean the mage teleport is stupid. A melee class should not have there CC immune because to avoid melee damage all you need to do is run. In this game it is that simple. I don't know how many times I have charged another player that just teleported away from me and seen immune. Then the jumping bunny nonsense starts due to a small hitbox, instant casts, and the fact jumping like an idiot actually works.

    The nerfs to warriors are a disgrace but the overall impact to pvp by all the 1.8 changes will create a gross imbalance. If melee cannot survive to hit anything then what is the point? It will only push players away from the game and create warfronts that are a ranged dps assist train "turkey shoot" that is not fun for most of the participates. It is an embarrassment for the company and one more step to the games failure.

    The way to keep players is to create a balance pvp environment. Not a cluster **** like it is now.
    Last edited by Majorin; 04-15-2012 at 08:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Parachamp will make everything better.

    Also, I was testing stuff on the PTS and Storytime was critting my 1.3k valor MM/RS (with all the damage reduction talents, and rift guard) for 2k deathblows, 2k punishing blows, 2k disruptive strikes, and 1.5k frenzieds/PS in 51 champ.

    You'll do alright.
    Last edited by Zaros; 04-15-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    ~Quiescent

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Umm last I checked this game already drove off all the PvPers soooo nothing will change.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    dw you won't be seeing many mages after 1.8

  5. #5
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    Umm last I checked this game already drove off all the PvPers soooo nothing will change.
    I still hang out on the forums
    Last edited by Am0n; 04-15-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  6. #6
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Parachamp will make everything better.

    Also, I was testing stuff on the PTS and Storytime was critting my 1.3k valor MM/RS (with all the damage reduction talents, and rift guard) for 2k deathblows, 2k punishing blows, 2k disruptive strikes, and 1.5k frenzieds/PS in 51 champ.

    You'll do alright.
    All that damage! I hope players still stand still in 1.8. Oh yea... those are the majority of players left playing Rift.

    1 Button warrior was so boring though. Hated parachamp personally.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-15-2012 at 08:54 PM.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    I will still be playing trying to heal, and see how it goes.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Warrior pvp reduction not active in duels
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

  9. #9
    Ascendant mistacrowley420's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Parachamp will make everything better.

    Also, I was testing stuff on the PTS and Storytime was critting my 1.3k valor MM/RS (with all the damage reduction talents, and rift guard) for 2k deathblows, 2k punishing blows, 2k disruptive strikes, and 1.5k frenzieds/PS in 51 champ.

    You'll do alright.
    Not trying to argue with you because I believe your post, but all of those moves you have to be in melee for, and 51 champ is a glass cannon.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Parachamp will make everything better.

    Also, I was testing stuff on the PTS and Storytime was critting my 1.3k valor MM/RS (with all the damage reduction talents, and rift guard) for 2k deathblows, 2k punishing blows, 2k disruptive strikes, and 1.5k frenzieds/PS in 51 champ.

    You'll do alright.
    51 champ is probably the squishiest glass cannon of them all due to lack of range, and is the easiest to kite warrior spec of them all, and pyros, inquisicars, and cabs can pull those numbers from range. (plus im not sure im seeing them, average frenzied crit is 8-900 on live, hes got lots of pa and krakens on me but Im not seeing how the changes gave a 600 damage boost). Damage was not so much our complaint so much as the lack of survivability (which trion just made even worse, by a lot) and mobility (especially on egressing from a fight) when our lack of range is accounted for.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker dcndnts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
    This was meant to be fixed in 1.8.
    Apparently needing 3 pocket healers instead of 2 is the new warrior survivability patch.
    -Skavok - MaleViolence -

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara paper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerwel View Post
    51 champ is probably the squishiest glass cannon of them all due to lack of range, and is the easiest to kite warrior spec of them all, and pyros, inquisicars, and cabs can pull those numbers from range. (plus im not sure im seeing them, average frenzied crit is 8-900 on live, hes got lots of pa and krakens on me but Im not seeing how the changes gave a 600 damage boost). Damage was not so much our complaint so much as the lack of survivability (which trion just made even worse, by a lot) and mobility (especially on egressing from a fight) when our lack of range is accounted for.
    Its more like 1.1-1.2k builders and frenzied strike. Disruptive also hits around 1.5-1.7k. Finishers are hitting around 2k.

    I am hearing rumors that the warrior nerfs aren't working in duels, so we will see once the patch hits live.

    Anything more than a ~5-10% reduction on those numbers will make the spec fairly ineffective in my eyes. It is super easy to kite and most mage specs are tankier. Currently(on pts) it is putting out about 6k damage in 3 gcds(4.5 sec) assuming everything crits(4 abilities). On live on my mage(51 pyro) I can put out about 6k over 1-2 gcds(1-2 sec) assuming everything crits(4 abilities).

    YMMV.
    Last edited by paper; 04-16-2012 at 05:45 AM.
    Storytime - Breaking Bads

  13. #13
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    dw you won't be seeing many mages after 1.8
    Mages are super buffed in pvp. When I mean super buffed they are severely over powered in 1.8. I doubt that you will see less mages. Pyro/dom got a natural dps buffed when they nerfed every OTHER classes survival. Note the OTHER because mages actually had cloro buffed. They also get sc buffed to deal more AOE damage.

    Sorry dude but Trion devs spoil mages both in pvp and pve they are top dog in dps come 1.8.

  14. #14
    Ascendant LOveRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Mages are super buffed in pvp. When I mean super buffed they are severely over powered in 1.8. I doubt that you will see less mages. Pyro/dom got a natural dps buffed when they nerfed every OTHER classes survival. Note the OTHER because mages actually had cloro buffed. They also get sc buffed to deal more AOE damage.

    Sorry dude but Trion devs spoil mages both in pvp and pve they are top dog in dps come 1.8.
    You do know 1.7 with the removal of the pvp soul mages lost like 45% of their dps? Yes we are so spoiled over and over again. Everyone plays Pyro/dom BECAUSE IT THE ONLY VIABLE SPEC IN PVP. I love when you say we are so spoiled when our chloro spec got completely ****ted on 1.7 as well. Oh yeah and out PA war tree is by far the worst out of all the classes. Do your hw before you say that mages are OP in pvp because last time i checked all i see is yellow and red names on the top of all the warfronts i'm in.
    Last edited by LOveRH; 04-16-2012 at 06:35 AM.

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara paper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    You do know 1.7 with the removal of the pvp soul mages lost like 45% of their dps? Yes we are so spoiled over and over again. Everyone plays Pyro/dom BECAUSE IT THE ONLY VIABLE SPEC IN PVP. I love when you say we are so spoiled when our chloro spec got completely ****ted on 1.7 as well. Do your hw before you say that mages are OP in pvp because last time i checked all i see is yellow and red names on the top of all the warfronts i'm in.
    Chloro/dom, 51 pyro and sc/pyro are all perfectly viable specs as well and I have all of those as currently slotted roles for pvp.

    As for pyro/dom, it has at least 3 perfectly viable versions depending on what you are looking for, between deep pyro, balanced or with 11 sc for ride the wind with all of them playing fairly differently from each other once you look past squirrel fireball fireball.

    Also that post is as sensationalist as me saying "HERP WARRIORS CAN ONLY DPS WITH SWEEPING STRIKES DERP"
    Last edited by paper; 04-16-2012 at 06:39 AM.
    Storytime - Breaking Bads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts