+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 84
Like Tree9Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why are pre-mades punished with long queues?

  1. #1
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,110

    Default Why are pre-mades punished with long queues?

    When I que up solo, I can get WFs in the average time listed, usually under 5 minutes. As a group we wait upwards of 30-45 minutes. Why do we have to wait longer because we choose to play an MMO with other people?

    I understand that solo players have less of a chance against pre-mades and would rather go up against other solo queued people. Let them get stomped enough and learn to build a group and join with it.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    When I que up solo, I can get WFs in the average time listed, usually under 5 minutes. As a group we wait upwards of 30-45 minutes. Why do we have to wait longer because we choose to play an MMO with other people?

    I understand that solo players have less of a chance against pre-mades and would rather go up against other solo queued people. Let them get stomped enough and learn to build a group and join with it.
    Why would you find enjoyment out of smashing a PUG is my question
    "You lost me at Balance"

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Our premade queues are short on seastone.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Why would you find enjoyment out of smashing a PUG is my question
    Maybe a horrible snap ring accident left him without fingers, thus leaving the only option to mash at the keyboard like a cat playing piano

  5. #5
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    There are no premades in Rift, only 5 man teams.
    Even free cost too much now

  6. #6
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    Our premade queues are short on seastone.
    Prettymuch instapops too.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    To be punished, someone has to punish you. This is a result just by the nature of how things work. I think God is punishing you.

    (I don't know :/ )
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-14-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    I am on Seastone too and have noticed this in the 10-19 and 20-29 brackets so far. It is not theat I enjoy smashing them, it is just that I want to earn valor. I also enjoy playing with my friends. If we que solo we end up merc'd against each other. Everytime we get to a x9 level, we lock XP, craft up the best gear and then PvP a few nights before going back to leveling. However, sitting in hour long ques as it was tonight was horrible.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I am on Seastone too and have noticed this in the 10-19 and 20-29 brackets so far. It is not theat I enjoy smashing them, it is just that I want to earn valor. I also enjoy playing with my friends. If we que solo we end up merc'd against each other. Everytime we get to a x9 level, we lock XP, craft up the best gear and then PvP a few nights before going back to leveling. However, sitting in hour long ques as it was tonight was horrible.
    Theres your problem, you aren't level 50.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  10. #10
    Ascendant Cromagis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I am on Seastone too and have noticed this in the 10-19 and 20-29 brackets so far. It is not theat I enjoy smashing them, it is just that I want to earn valor. I also enjoy playing with my friends. If we que solo we end up merc'd against each other. Everytime we get to a x9 level, we lock XP, craft up the best gear and then PvP a few nights before going back to leveling.
    You need a premade for non-level 50 ques?..


    Sigh. Twinks can't be that bad ingame, am0n?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

    Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    You need a premade for non-level 50 ques?..


    Sigh. Twinks can't be that bad ingame, am0n?
    Who knows LOL
    "You lost me at Balance"

  12. #12
    Ascendant Cromagis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Who knows LOL
    Looool. Not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

    Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I am on Seastone too and have noticed this in the 10-19 and 20-29 brackets so far. It is not theat I enjoy smashing them, it is just that I want to earn valor. I also enjoy playing with my friends. If we que solo we end up merc'd against each other. Everytime we get to a x9 level, we lock XP, craft up the best gear and then PvP a few nights before going back to leveling. However, sitting in hour long ques as it was tonight was horrible.
    I thought you was talking about Level 50 queues, but you are complaining about how Twinks who premade and lock XP have long queues. Join us in the big boys warfronts, quick queues.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    I don't NEED a pre-made, however, I am playing and leveling with friends, in a group. We want to enjoy some PvP along the way and it is difficult since the match making system makes us wait an hour.

    My only question is, why do people who play SOLO get faster ques than people who GROUP in a Massively MULTIPLAYER Online RPG? I was not trying to get made fun of for being a "needing a premade" or "bad twink" or not being 50 seeing as I just started 2 weeks ago. I just want to try out the PvP and see what it is like with my friends before making a commitment to level to 50. I thought the community here was supposed to be more mature and not jump on people for asking questions.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Ajax1114's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I don't NEED a pre-made, however, I am playing and leveling with friends, in a group. We want to enjoy some PvP along the way and it is difficult since the match making system makes us wait an hour.

    My only question is, why do people who play SOLO get faster ques than people who GROUP in a Massively MULTIPLAYER Online RPG? I was not trying to get made fun of for being a "needing a premade" or "bad twink" or not being 50 seeing as I just started 2 weeks ago. I just want to try out the PvP and see what it is like with my friends before making a commitment to level to 50.
    Trion added something into the queuing system that attempts to match group queues ("premades") with other group queues. The reasoning is that a group tends to be more organized than a solo player queuing alongside other solo players and provides a great disadvantage to the team that has no group of players who are presumably communicating with each other in a way that makes them a better team than a pug.

    Unfortunately, the specialization of queues - logically backed as it is - does not account for players who have no intention of taking advantage of superior communication and simply want to have a good time with their friends. The issue would probably be nonexistent if Rift's population - including players who are leveling - was larger.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I thought the community here was supposed to be more mature and not jump on people for asking questions.
    The PvP community tends to be a bit more harsh and direct than the rest of the community. (Not targeting anyone in particular in saying that.) Complaint threads that are not actual questions are extremely common in this section of the forums, so people tend to respond as though the poster is complaining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts