+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Oh my god this is boring!

Default Oh my god this is boring!

Sitting here trying to complete world PvP achievements just to kill the boredom and holy crap, nothing happens!

Transferred to PvP server and low and behold, no.... world PvP happening.

I even opened a PvP Rift and two situations happen. A: No Defiant comes or B: 15 defiant comes and trying to form a raid to fight back never happens.

All I see is Defiant and Guardians camping in their main cities, dishing out rough talk, nothing else.

How do you even complete these achievements? Like... I understand when PvP rifts first came out, that was the new thing. Now that it is tone down, the PvP server is completely dead and since people camp out in cities to only group for dungeons or raids, I have seen 1 old world invasion and 1 ember Isle invasion in 2 days playing 16 hours each day.

On top of that, Scarwood, Stonefield, droughtlands, and moonshade are the worst zones to wait for PvP to happen to finish those achievements.

Atleast on WoW they had a PvP announcement when NPCs were attacked and that helped to encourage to defend but since we don't have that, who cares.

At this time, I pay more attention clipping my toenails than Rift.
    Last edited by Toxen; 04-12-2012 at 01:59 PM.

What PVP shard did you transfer to?

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    What PVP shard did you transfer to?
    Deepstrike server.

I was thinking of going to Seastone first but someone took my name and I love my character's name and plus there would be alot of people that would love to bash me for changing my name. So I choose Deepstrike by random.

I feel the OP's pain. PvP in this game is boring as dirt. You either do the same few WFs over and over or nothing. In WoW even on the PvE servers, if you wanted some action all you had to do was attack goldshire or crossroads and the action would come to you. But sadly Rift treats everyone like babies so we are not allowed to create our own fun.

You can nurse a baby bird back to health but that doesn't mean the community will accept it. If Trion continues to wait on making PvP an equal aspect of this game, the community won't accept it either.

Shadowlander

EI has the most wpvp
    not hard to finish that one
    the other zones, yeah, plan on doin wfs in between
    use /yell or something to taunt them
    maybe try different times of the day or nite & make a note of it
    idk

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    I feel the OP's pain. PvP in this game is boring as dirt. You either do the same few WFs over and over or nothing. In WoW even on the PvE servers, if you wanted some action all you had to do was attack goldshire or crossroads and the action would come to you. But sadly Rift treats everyone like babies so we are not allowed to create our own fun.

You can nurse a baby bird back to health but that doesn't mean the community will accept it. If Trion continues to wait on making PvP an equal aspect of this game, the community won't accept it either.
    Now hold on....!

Don't forget we get secondary profession [Fishing], so at least that might help in finishing these achievements.
    Last edited by Toxen; 04-12-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Now hold on....!

Don't forget we get secondary profession [Fishing], so at least that might help in finishing these achievements.
    I'm looking forward to fishing. If they make it so you can fish anywhere, then it will be a failure. If they put rare spawns in certain spots, now you've got pvp hot spots.

Sitting here trying to complete world PvP achievements just to kill the boredom and holy crap, nothing happens!

Transferred to PvP server and low and behold, no.... world PvP happening.

I even opened a PvP Rift and two situations happen. A: No Defiant comes or B: 15 defiant comes and trying to form a raid to fight back never happens.

All I see is Defiant and Guardians camping in their main cities, dishing out rough talk, nothing else.

How do you even complete these achievements? Like... I understand when PvP rifts first came out, that was the new thing. Now that it is tone down, the PvP server is completely dead and since people camp out in cities to only group for dungeons or raids, I have seen 1 old world invasion and 1 ember Isle invasion in 2 days playing 16 hours each day.

On top of that, Scarwood, Stonefield, droughtlands, and moonshade are the worst zones to wait for PvP to happen to finish those achievements.

Atleast on WoW they had a PvP announcement when NPCs were attacked and that helped to encourage to defend but since we don't have that, who cares.

At this time, I pay more attention clipping my toenails than Rift.
    Yeah it is sad, hardly anyone does anything anymore and all you can do in PvP is just play WF or occasional wPvP

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Regardless what PvP server you transfer, it is not going to impact your game time. I rather stick to a server where you are most familiar with everyone.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by notyourgf View Post
    EI has the most wpvp
    not hard to finish that one
    the other zones, yeah, plan on doin wfs in between
    use /yell or something to taunt them
    maybe try different times of the day or nite & make a note of it
    idk
    I got bored of Warfronts, when I completed all those achievements, I only bother with Warfronts for the PvP daily.

The other pvp dailys, I have not bothered since I maxed out the [Eye] and [Library] rep.

Also I was reported *Got in trouble* to Trion one time for spamming /yell every 10 minutes for taunting methods.

So I taunt like every 30 minutes or so.

However yeah not enough ways to encourage world pvp unless... I go to the Faction's Cities, and ask them to die over and over at their grave yard, and then return the favor vica versa for the achievements but I have yet to find a defiant offering to die 50 or 100 times in specific zones.
    Last edited by Toxen; 04-12-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    I'm looking forward to fishing. If they make it so you can fish anywhere, then it will be a failure. If they put rare spawns in certain spots, now you've got pvp hot spots.
    They did put rare spawns in certain areas actually.

Keep up with the times man.

Telaran

...boredom ...playing 16 hours each day.
    Wow
    Doing anything, however awesome, for 16 hours each day, will render it boring (for me at least,) very fast.

No offense intended by my above remark. Just stating what I think is a fact.

Ascendant

Welcome to Rift -- a game on its deathbed.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    They did put rare spawns in certain areas actually.

Keep up with the times man.
    Do they drop anything that a geared level 50 is interested in other than a checkmark for an achievement? That's what I thought.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Welcome to Rift -- a game on its deathbed.
    I'm just hoping someone makes an emulator or something. With a few tweaks Rift could be one of the best PvP MMOs released, since Trion obviously won't make the changes all we can hope for is an emulator.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast