+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What can you do about mercs

Rift Chaser

Default What can you do about mercs

So, *I* personally don't have a problem with mercs. if I queue up and I'm on defiant side, I roll with 'It's red, it's dead."

But what do we do about the people that get queued up and 'intentionally' screw over your side?

I had a merc match today, and the 'team' as a whole on the other side wasn't so great, but neither was my team. It was derpderpderpderp on both sides.

However, I downed the FC on the defiant team and held the team at bay until the fang went back to the center. Then, our team picks it up, the 'plan' worked, or so I thought, when I jumped down, and watched in horror, as the teammate that had picked it up, RAN IT TO THE OTHER SIDE. They let him over unabated before nuking him down and 'claiming' their prize.

I know some people don't like being merc'd, some don't care and others love it, but what can be done about these 'traitors' when it happens?

You can deal with it.
    News flash: Idiots will intentionally or unintentionally screw over their team whether or not they're a merc. It's happened to me plenty of times, and you just have to accept that if they're really that hell-bent on losing, they'll probably do it.

Luckily, this doesn't happen very often at all.
    ~Quiescent

I remember (long before mercs) the guy who ended up with raid leadership (codex) spammed ready checks the whole time. THE WHOLE. TIME. It was the worst thing I ever had to endure. We won anyway.

But yeah, trolls are trolls. Doesn't matter what faction. Sure, mercs introduce a new kind of troll. It can make the warfront more fun. If it doesn't, oh well. Queue again.

I suspect it hasn't been suggested before, but perhaps the answer to mercs being traitors is to give those people an option to to opt-out of being a merc. It would only increase their own queue times . Those willing to merc become a more valuable commodity and as a result would actually have slightly decreased queue times. Its really a win/win solution to this particular problem....

Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    You can deal with it.
    News flash: Idiots will intentionally or unintentionally screw over their team whether or not they're a merc. It's happened to me plenty of times, and you just have to accept that if they're really that hell-bent on losing, they'll probably do it.

Luckily, this doesn't happen very often at all.
    Or you can be like me and not give a **** about winning or losing. I only care about the scoreboard and the kills I put on it.

If you can lie and convince the enemy to let you help them when you are a merc, then you can potentially convince them to allow you enough wiggle room to win a game if you betray your word right away when given trust as a merc by your own faction Now that sounds like fun.

Will teach people to have faction pride!

Okay, that is actually more work than it's worth. I don't think there is much you can do except try to take matters into your own hands if you think a team mate will blow it.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-11-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Forgot to add, log on my cleric. That way I can upset everyone who comes in my path by playing how I normally play one.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-11-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    Then, our team picks it up, the 'plan' worked, or so I thought, when I jumped down, and watched in horror, as the teammate that had picked it up, RAN IT TO THE OTHER SIDE.
    lmao, <3 players like that

+ Reply to Thread