+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hockey players played for over 50 years without helmets

Default Hockey players played for over 50 years without helmets

Sure they were tougher guys from better times, but sooner or later everyone is going to have to wear one. Trion should add a buff rune to the game that only applies to Helmets and adds a progressive valor bonus. (1% mitigation per player level, stacks over the current helmet rune)

Players get this item from day 1 waiting for them in the mail box and the rune levels with them, providing the appropriate valor bonus for their level. Now players will have a choice if they want to validly pvp or not. "Twinks" will become frustrated and either give up on twinking or join the "*****" who use the valor rune on their (special) helmets. Damage will slow down, matches will become more tolerable for inexperienced players, and it will be a nice buffer for Trion to use as a "knob" to dial down pvp damage where needed.

We know you like it rough guys, but it's time for helmets, for everyone.

Damn went over the edit timer so I'll have to post more thoughts here.

Here are some examples to expand upon my idea:

When two players are having a duel, they can set the terms upon using a "valor rune" or not for a faster or slower match. The extra 50% mitigation would make a big difference to some classes 1 on 1, but as a whole give groups longer time to work and learn together.

Offer a substantial reward (like unseen rep) for players who play with the "valor rune" off. This rewards more experienced dedicated players for taking the risk of pvping without the 50% mitigation buff of the rune. This also helps balance the lower ranked players who do have the buff, giving them an edge over the dogs who know every trick.

It's something tangible that boosts the faith in your studio and brand name. Giving players a rune in their mail box makes them feel special like Trion is at least trying. It also passes the responsibility onto the player whether they apply the rune to their gear or not. If they don't and pvp anyways, there's nobody to blame for how poorly you do.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Sure they were tougher guys from better times, but sooner or later everyone is going to have to wear one.
    If you don't, you get to design PVP for Rift!

Rift Chaser

First, adding more valor to the game solves nothing.

Second, your idea is to make it harder for Twinks, correct? Well, twinks can have the same rune you suggest so guess what will happen? Twinks will get even Twinkier....

Third, Trion does not want longer battles of people not dying, why else would the be nerfing cleric healing into the ground?

Seems like a really obscure idea for something that really isn't problematic at all.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

Like the 2 others above me, there is not an issue right now and this will only allow people to live longer. Why do you think they are nerfing heals in PvP? for the ... lost count of the number.

Imagine clerics with an added 50% dmg reduction...........

The game is not balanced around dueling or 1v1s

twinks are hard to deal with, but solutions should affect them and only them, not level 50s.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Rift Disciple

You know I've ranked up past the twinks and it didn't even register as an issue for me... You leave them behind so fast. But for those of you with more delicate temperaments....how about a separate WF queue where u choose a stock equipped Mage/warr/cleric/rog etc in advance distribute your souls etc and everyone goes in nice and even.

Then all that will divide you is soul setup and skill. But I bet a thousand dollars the losers will still whine about losing.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    You know I've ranked up past the twinks and it didn't even register as an issue for me... You leave them behind so fast. But for those of you with more delicate temperaments....how about a separate WF queue where u choose a stock equipped Mage/warr/cleric/rog etc in advance distribute your souls etc and everyone goes in nice and even.

Then all that will divide you is soul setup and skill. But I bet a thousand dollars the losers will still whine about losing.
    Wouldn't the twinks quit playing? Their unfair edge would be gone.

+ Reply to Thread