Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Trion needs to develop PvP content

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Trion needs to develop PvP content

Trion needs to develop PvP content just as they do PvE content. I do enjoy PvP when I have a fair match of equally geared and skilled players.

If you want to wake Trion up and get your point across that you are serious about wanting new PvP content, here is what you do.

*Leave a post here, tell Trion you want new PvP content.

Now what does this do? It will wake Trion up, you serious about having new PvP content developed for our enjoyment. Tell them what you want and that you are tired of being ignored. We pay them for this game, we have a voice and let it be heard.

Edit: Please keep on topic when posting to this thread.
    Last edited by ChrisN; 04-08-2012 at 11:11 AM.

I want new PvP content.
    ~Quiescent

Soulwalker

Default i agree

the old warfronts are getting old and repetitve, we need new content!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagreee now do it
    Last edited by LOveRH; 04-07-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Dry
    Shadowlander

I could type something long and thoughtful, but these cliff notes have been discussed in exhaustive length on the PvP forums:

1) Look at DAoC and GW2. Copy the keep combat and RvR/WvW systems.

2) Create some sort of darkness falls equivalent. Surely you have someone on staff who is familiar with these.

3) Make world pvp meaningful and enticing for PvErs.

4) Don't worry about showing people are bad at pvp that they're bad via leaderboards.

5) Fix the hit/focus and PvE gear imbalance.

[EDIT] 6) Give us a warfront similar to Huttball in SWToR.
    Last edited by Dry; 04-07-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Trion please try to make the classes more balanced. And fast!

When Gw2 comes out everyone will try it out and the question is, will they stay or return? When things don't change until then, the answer is obvious.
    Sonnet - R40 Rogue - Blightweald (Defiant)
    Sonett - R16 Cleric - Icewatch (Defiant)
    Sonet - R15 Mage - Blightweald (Guardian) <- Active

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dry View Post
    4) Don't worry about showing people are bad at pvp that they're bad via leaderboards.
    Leaderboards, are generally meaningless, for example a rogue who spams fanout in WF will get higher damage and higher KB than the melee rogue who spends the entire WF harrassing the enemy healers and keeping fellblades on them, the latter rogue is doing a better job.
    Last edited by Flimble; 04-07-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Ascendant

We have told them for months and it has fallen on deaf ears. Their priorities are 90% PvE and 10% PvP. Sure, they do a good job at PvE. From what I HEAR the raiding content in this game right now is pretty top notch if that is your thing. And they are good about releasing new PvE content regularly and fixing issues promptly with it.

But PvP they don't care about whatsoever. There are VERY simple things they could do RIGHT NOW that would vastly improve the PvP experience (like fixing Hit), but they refuse. Not only do they refuse to fix Hit, but they have failed to even acknowledge it is a problem whatsoever, which proves to me that they are vastly out of touch with the PvP playerbase. If they would just do the little things right now, it would keep some of us happy for a while.

One little diversion about the hit issue: I wonder if they do not acknowledge it because they WANT raiders having a huge advantage in PvP since the raiders are their #1 priority? Look, this is an MMO and like most MMO's Rift has a gear grind. I do not mind others having better gear than me as long as I have a CHANCE to get it too. As it stands now, unless you are ALREADY in a raid progression guild you have NO CHANCE whatsoever of obtaining these BiS weapons. if I were to quit PvP'ing today and join a raiding guild from scratch, it would take me EASILY several months before I was able to clear HK routinely. Since raiding is something I do not enjoy whatsoever, why should I bother? If you are a PvP only player Trion is pretty much lifting their middle finger at you.

This is not a knock on any Trion dev in a personal way whatsoever. I am sure they are just doing what they think is best for the game. But their priorities as game developers are different from mine as a player. That's life. I understand that. You can't please everyone. But this doesn't mean I have to be happy and grin and bear it. My sub money will be going to Arenanet later this year. Rift is just a way to bide my time in the meantime.

So basically, I am not going to waste any more finger grease typing what they could do. It doesn't matter at this point. They missed their time window for doing anything. Pretty much all serious PvP'ers will be long gone when GW2 releases. Trion's only hope is that GW2 flops. I am doubting that happens, however, at least where PvP is concerned.

Default Ill make it really easy

All you have to do is....

Make PvP better than all the other games out there.

BF3, SWTOR, ETC...

Can't be that hard to be original

Dry
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Leaderboards, are generally meaningless, for example a rogue who spams fanout in WF will get higher damage and higher KB than the melee rogue who spends the entire WF harrassing the enemy healers and keeping fellblades on them, the latter rogue is doing a better job.
    That line item was not directing Trion to create leader boards, it's to point out they need to seriously rethink their approach to them. Check out the PvP forums post containing screenshots of a conversation with a dev on the PTS. The underlying logic to the approach of the boards we're getting is horrible. That said, I don't disagree with your point.

Dry
    Shadowlander

Lol....get back in your little corner where we can ignore you silly pvpers!!!!

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Dry View Post
    Lol....get back in your little corner where we can ignore you silly pvpers!!!!
    I'm glad I don't live close to their building, I would walk in there and bump heads.
    Last edited by ChrisN; 04-07-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sonet View Post

When Gw2 comes out everyone will try it out and the question is, will they stay or return? When things don't change until then, the answer is obvious.
    theyll be gone for a month tops?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    I'm glad I don't live close to their building, I would walk in there and bump heads.
    Aren't you primarily a raider?

Jpd
    Soulwalker

Default PvP Content

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED more pvp content. Thx

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast