+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Content

Default PvP Content

In reference to CPK's topic of a guildie of his communicating with Daglar.

Lets start a time frame estimate post on when we will get PvP content.

I am guessing we will get PvP content at the end of May or Early June to beat the enflux of new MMO's.
    It doesn't really matter to me anymore, but I am just curious, does Trion want PvPers in this game and are just behind, or do they honestly want us out of the picture o.O
    "You lost me at Balance"

Clearly it does matter to you. It actually seems to matter to you more than me, but I can say I enjoy the game.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Clearly it does matter to you. It actually seems to matter to you more than me, but I can say I enjoy the game.
    Was that a poor attempt to bait o.O
    Just because someone doesn't care doesn't mean they can't be curious.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Rift Chaser

as I've just stated in my reply to that thread:

1.7's primary focus was PvP content; I confidently predict that 1.9's primary focus will also be PvP content.

Quote Originally Posted by Naesraen View Post
    as I've just stated in my reply to that thread:

1.7's primary focus was PvP content; I confidently predict that 1.9's primary focus will also be PvP content.
    I agree with you, but will it follow current trends? or will it be real content?
    I mean lets get serious, we don't really have PvP in Rift right now.

And leaderboards were ment to be a PvP update, but look how that is going to turn out.
    Last edited by Am0n; 04-05-2012 at 03:23 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I agree with you, but will it follow current trends? or will it be real content?

And leaderboards were ment to be a PvP update, but look how that is going to turn out.
    yeah look, that is an interesting question. 1.7 wasn't much of an update for ME: i loath being a mercenary - but I can't deny that queue times have evaporated - or at least, forums tears over queue times have evaporated. Equally, I can't deny that forum tears over pre-mades has also evaporated; and forum tears over the gear grind have at least diminished a bit.

Were all those changes 'content'? I'd say - even if i hate being a mercenary - that they were a good update, because of how many people's game experience was improved. I'm hoping that, now that the most egregious problems with WFs have been fixed, that we'll get some sort of new PvP gameplay in 1.9. I AM certain we'll get new PvP ranks, I have no doubt about that at all; ideally we'd get some sort of persistant space or IA-type or open-world PvP gameplay, but that's a hope rather than an expectation. They've hinted at some new PvP gameplay types, so I would expect to see some of them in 1.9.

I've been lurking these forums for a long time because I generally enjoy pvp (just not really in this game). I've never seen anything that clearly calls out what you're looking for in terms of "content", outside of arenas.

They added pvp rifts which are largely ignored now. PVP dailies which aren't shabby for getting groups of people together to fight. Not saying these are the answers to more stuff, but what exactly do you all want to see? Be specific, yet realistic.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    I've been lurking these forums for a long time because I generally enjoy pvp (just not really in this game). I've never seen anything that clearly calls out what you're looking for in terms of "content", outside of arenas.

They added pvp rifts which are largely ignored now. PVP dailies which aren't shabby for getting groups of people together to fight. Not saying these are the answers to more stuff, but what exactly do you all want to see? Be specific, yet realistic.
    The RvR that was talked about before release tbh lol

Not promised, but paraphrased dev response
    "If the community wants RvR we will add it"

And the leaderboards would be nice, if they would track statistics that anyone gives a damn about
    Last edited by Am0n; 04-05-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

The RvR that was talked about before release tbh lol

Not promised, but paraphrased dev response
    "If the community wants RvR we will add it"
    RvR means what to you? Instanced or not? I think it'd be really interesting to have, say a pvp objective that gave the entire shard a 1% stat boost to everyone on the side that controlled it across the shard. Put 5 of them in the game and see what happens.

And the leaderboards would be nice, if they would track statistics that anyone gives a damn about
    Which is what? K/D ratios? That's pretty meaningless in pug-based content. As a warrior if I get no healers, I'm going to be in the 1-1.5:1 range. If I have a good pocket healer that goes toward 20:1.

Number of kills? Let's all queue up for PS.

KBs? Let me go into a kill steal spec. Personally I'd love to have arenas with ELO and let that be the leaderboard.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

KBs? Let me go into a kill steal spec. Personally I'd love to have arenas with ELO and let that be the leaderboard.
    ELO is based on team cooperation - Assuming you're playing a team game, which is all RIFT has currently.

Which is pretty terrible in any game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-game-update-1.2

Swtor is doing more for PvP in less time than Rift has ever done. Swtor has a lead PvP & Endgame Designer in one! I don't think Trion really cares at all and these threads are kind of futile.
    Rift was developed with 50 million vs the 200m of swtor, but 250k subs vs 1.7m of swotr, if trion is happy with having a quarter of the development costs but a tenth of the playerbase, well I dunno.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 04-05-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    ELO is based on team cooperation - Assuming you're playing a team game, which is all RIFT has currently.

Which is pretty terrible in any game.
    ELO doesn't work with pugs, complete agree.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

RvR means what to you? Instanced or not? I think it'd be really interesting to have, say a pvp objective that gave the entire shard a 1% stat boost to everyone on the side that controlled it across the shard. Put 5 of them in the game and see what happens.

Which is what? K/D ratios? That's pretty meaningless in pug-based content. As a warrior if I get no healers, I'm going to be in the 1-1.5:1 range. If I have a good pocket healer that goes toward 20:1.

Number of kills? Let's all queue up for PS.

Not even that, maybe if it had top heals in the last hour top damage in the last hour highest KD ratio "in the last hour" I dont like the ELO system in Rift but if we are stuck with it then anything to make it less time played achievements.

And RvR would have to be instanced. How else are you gonna pit a full shard against another full shard. Realm vs Realm shouldnt be confused with Faction v Faction, but yeah some WPvP castle sieges or something would be amazing.

Honestly we have the means for PvP, we just need to playerbase that would go do it. I mean something to entice everyone would be nice but lets be realistic. I want all the PvP shards merged, and PvPers to actually want to organize Guild v Guild Run ins regularly LOL, or even smaller scale if they would like.

We all want Arena, we arent getting it. I think we have all given up on that argument a while ago.
    Last edited by Am0n; 04-05-2012 at 05:48 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Not even that, maybe if it had top heals in the last hour top damage in the last hour highest KD ratio "in the last hour" I dont like the ELO system in Rift but if we are stuck with it then anything to make it less time played achievements.

And RvR would have to be instanced. How else are you gonna pit a full shard against another full shard. Realm vs Realm shouldnt be confused with Faction v Faction, but yeah some WPvP castle sieges or something would be amazing.

Honestly we have the means for PvP, we just need to playerbase that would go do it. I mean something to entice everyone would be nice but lets be realistic. I want all the PvP shards merged, and PvPers to actually want to organize Guild v Guild Run ins regularly LOL, or even smaller scale if they would like.

We all want Arena, we arent getting it. I think we have all given up on that argument a while ago.
    Merging the shards is more of a hardware issue I'm guessing. Even with our small shards now the lag that pops up can get bad.

As for RvR instanced... I guess how different would be it be than PS? Tell me more about that. Granted PS could do with a lot less pve, but the game doesn't seem to support raids larger than 20.

I think faction vs faction is the best bet for future pvp content. The way the game goes, if you set up the rewards to not be pvp specific, but extend into pve, you'll get a following. If say, you could get +100 SP/AP for each member in your raid the pve guilds are going to start paying attention to that.

And well, still going to say WTB Arenas. 5v5 arenas in was the most fun I had in any pvp over all the 1v1 tournys, the endless hours dueling, the 18 hour a day grinding rank with decay.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Merging the shards is more of a hardware issue I'm guessing. Even with our small shards now the lag that pops up can get bad.

As for RvR instanced... I guess how different would be it be than PS? Tell me more about that. Granted PS could do with a lot less pve, but the game doesn't seem to support raids larger than 20.

I think faction vs faction is the best bet for future pvp content. The way the game goes, if you set up the rewards to not be pvp specific, but extend into pve, you'll get a following. If say, you could get +100 SP/AP for each member in your raid the pve guilds are going to start paying attention to that.

And well, still going to say WTB Arenas. 5v5 arenas in was the most fun I had in any pvp over all the 1v1 tournys, the endless hours dueling, the 18 hour a day grinding rank with decay.
    They need to make it so we can render more people on our screen at once. We are all silently fighting for Arenas =P, just don't hold your breath, devs already said they dont want arena in the most recent interview.
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast