+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 96
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Assassin is still a joke after one year later.

  1. #46
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Just wait until 1.8 killing clerics will be an easier affair.

  2. #47
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Torvax after reading the entire post, which gave me a headache since you did not set it up correct, it looks to me you did not even bother watching the video, so I am left to the conclusion, your trolling because what I am replying too, to what I saw, then reading your stuff, you replied no where near.... what I was talking about.
    Sorry about the way it came out-I hoped the font would be clearer.As for the video I liked the music.

    I am trying to stay on topic- Which is that you assert Assassin is a joke and I strongly believe that this is not the case. Furthermore I think the reason you believe it is no good is because you have fallen into a common trap of expecting flat out DPS to win a fight against a healer. I have played both sides -It doesnt, and quite frankly I like it that way. To beat a healer you have to disrupt his casting and approach killing him in a slower manner. If Sin DPS beats a healers HPS no one will play healer-They would be free simple kills and that would not be fair. I dont want this so I argue for the other side.

    Please dont take it personally but seriously maybe it is a matter of tactics.

  3. #48
    Banned Toxen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Sorry about the way it came out-I hoped the font would be clearer.As for the video I liked the music.

    I am trying to stay on topic- Which is that you assert Assassin is a joke and I strongly believe that this is not the case. Furthermore I think the reason you believe it is no good is because you have fallen into a common trap of expecting flat out DPS to win a fight against a healer. I have played both sides -It doesnt, and quite frankly I like it that way. To beat a healer you have to disrupt his casting and approach killing him in a slower manner. If Sin DPS beats a healers HPS no one will play healer-They would be free simple kills and that would not be fair. I dont want this so I argue for the other side.

    Please dont take it personally but seriously maybe it is a matter of tactics.
    You also did not include the fact that during a warfront people will always make healers CC immuned, what you are talking about is a controlled PvP not a random PvP.

  4. #49
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    The video you responded to is not mine. I tried to show you an assassin using all his tools available being effective and all you do is come and make excuses for his opponents. There are lots of people in this thread trying to tell you one thing which they can not say directly due to moderation. The fact that so many people are alluding to this raises the probability that they are correct.

  5. #50
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Last edited by TheSavvy1; Today at 02:55 AM. Reason: rude/condescending to another member


    Savvy if that was percived that way I apologise but it certainly wasnt intended- I was commenting on the use of the slip away mechanic to re-use an opener mid fight as might not have been originally foreseen-I had no intention of insulting anyone and am not sure who you thought I was referring to. Sorry anyway.

  6. #51
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Just as a matter of interest-Look a few threads down from this one and you will find a thread called Everyone else is just bad.

    Here is a quote from the healer that started it-Apparently he wants Rogues nerfed:P

    3. What about assassin/NB (or whatever they are) appearing behind me and I'm just dead. It's literally like, "OMG there's a-" YOU ARE DEAD - respawn? No explanation needed. Try fighting one as a DPS cleric. It's silly.


    Walk a mile in another mans shoes-It can be quite enlightening.

  7. #52
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    And another you will find just below called Improvements to my Cleric PVP build...


    Improvements for my PVP cleric build



    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...m.Exdxtbcmk.-0

    that's the build im working with but i don't know if i can improve it because im being beat by rogues consistently. i know gear has a huge effect but for the hypothetical assume its the same as my opponents

    thanks in advance

  8. #53
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Sin is really most effective in Scion (for killing stone runners), WS, and sometimes Library (picking off lone vessel carriers). The idea is that you try to kill them before they can do anything. Lemme start by asking your general rotation. Using Incapacitate when it's not needed is bad imo, let's them know you're coming. Paralyzing strike should be deleted from the game. If you're fighting a target without heals, more burst is the way to go. That way you take less damage because they die faster. If you are fighting someone with alot of defense/high HP and/or heals, you picked the wrong fight.
    I disagree with paralyzing strike being removed. It DOES have some very good utility at times, especially on a slip away -- reopen rotation. But, yeah, 99% of the time you should be opening with jagged (and assassinate depending on the circumstance).

    I agree with your ideas on when Sin is correct to use. I agree with Scion and WS. If you are playing 51 sin in Black garden, for instance, you are doing it wrong and asking for trouble.

  9. #54
    Sword of Telara Wawer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Well I use to do that too but in Warfronts I focus on Healers and even though they are marked, they just dont die, and they become CC immune so its hard to CC their cast.
    Oh so you can't solo a healer that are HEAL by other healers. Trion should fixed this.
    Who care of what the healer thinks anyway. They should just die when you touch them.
    It is You (SIN ) and you only.
    Learn to team up with other and Learn to focus next time.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

  10. #55
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    Oh so you can't solo a healer that are HEAL by other healers. Trion should fixed this.
    Who care of what the healer thinks anyway. They should just die when you touch them.
    It is You (SIN ) and you only.
    Learn to team up with other and Learn to focus next time.
    It's not fair unless your favorite soul is god mode.
    How these forums have worked since inception.

    Just read these threads and place your forehead in your palm, and smile.
    That is how I handle these things now.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  11. #56
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Oh please, I heard of it, every Rogue that uses that spec, complains and crys so hard when they dont have Bard Buff [Fevor] since they don't like Mage [Living Energy] to combine with the Item: [Elder Tablet].

    Worst of all its melee, I enjoy melee for PvP, but I hate it for PvE because its hard to see, even with the modification of # range, when it comes to HK bosses, well certain ones; its still hard to see.
    The only time I can really say it's hard to see is if your camera is backed up against a wall or something.

    However still, Range is crap for Rogues when it comes to melee. I tried with food buffs, flask, and whetstones, as MM spec for Raids and 2150 is still my normal average parse. I am sure if I went Melee I would had been around 2750-2800 for a couple of times I have seen certain Melee Rogues pull off on parses.
    You only run a range spec if you need its utility or if there's some specific requirement. Due to the MM crystal and IQS nerfs some patches ago, ranged dps is nowhere near our melee.

    However again not going off topic, I just would like to see the Assassin soul be viable for PvP again.
    It is viable, but it depends on what type of PvP you're doing.

  12. #57
    Plane Walker Knightcrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Its not a viable pvp tree when it comes to 51 spec, if you try to half way spec the Assassin tree the soul becomes crap and doesn't do enough damage.

    What's the purpose of Assassin spec? Seriously, I am sick of hybrid specs, not 51 points, doing more damage than a pure spec.

    I am also sick and tired of the limited ability of Diverse souls, you cant even be unique anymore without using Riftstalker as the *Guaranteed slot* spec for anything.
    Quoting this irony.

    So guys, I want 51 point cookie cutters to be the best specs, but I don't want them to be the best at the same time cuz cuz cuz cuz ITS NOT DIVERSE ENOUGH!

    Trudat homes
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

  13. #58
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    Quoting this irony.

    So guys, I want 51 point cookie cutters to be the best specs, but I don't want them to be the best at the same time cuz cuz cuz cuz ITS NOT DIVERSE ENOUGH!

    Trudat homes
    They aren't saying they want them to be the "best spec" at all. They are saying they want them to be the best at what they do. 51 Assassin should dish out the most upfront damage of any class in the game, since that's what an Assassin does.

    Now, use that brain of yours and consider...does that make it the best spec? No. 51 Assassin has no mobility, no ranged attacks, and is squishy as heck. At the end of the day, the "non cookie cutters" will exclaim that versatility and being good in a number of situations is better. They'll do like Sin/Ranger/Stalker or something, which will result in more of a combat class than an upfront damage dealer. The "cookie cutter" Assassin actually wants to be...an Assassin.

    I won't go as far as saying Rogues are bad at PvP...they aren't too bad off, but will be if other classes get buffs and we don't. Haven't been playing much lately so I don't know what is going on with the next patch, but historically this is exactly what Trion has done once we are finally competitive. That being said, most of our souls are nothing but secondary and tertiary souls, and one of the more popular choices, Assassin, does not really resemble an Assassin from any other game. That is where people's problem comes in. If it's not an Assassin, just call it a Swashbuckler or Shadow Stalker or something so people don't have pre-notions of what it should do.

  14. #59
    Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    I got a 3k+ assassinate crit in pvp on my R13 defiant rogue the other day and it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

  15. #60
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Assassins are still a joke, but the joke's on me when I'm playing my Cleric.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts