+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Everyone else is bad

Default Everyone else is bad

So what lesson did we learn from all the recent Warden changes? If there's a calling/spec giving people .. no giving YOU problems on the WF there's obviously something in the mechanics in need of adjustment. The key is letting the dev team know about it. I thought I'd throw some of my QQ's out there.

1. Pyros?? PLEASE!!! They put all this fire stuff on me and I'm clawing the paint of my keys trying to purge and cleanse and LOS at the same time forget about beating them- just yikes. Same result every time -they make me go boom. It's maddening. Yeah they're OP. They humiliate me and its not fair. -And Doms while on the subject of mages... I don't like them draining my healing spec's mana. Make it so they can't combine with pyro anymore - and no more squirrelling guys- that's OP.
    2. Marksmen? They chase me around spamming eradicate and "machine gunning" range attacks for massive DPS on the run? By the time I can even figure out which direction to face I'm next to dead. I want their range cut to 30 to match mine and cut the rate of fire by (let's just make it a nice 60% that number sounds nice,) eradicate on a 5 second CD. And fan out should cause them to get booted from the WF for being just wrong.
    3. What about assassin/NB (or whatever they are) appearing behind me and I'm just dead. It's literally like, "OMG there's a-" YOU ARE DEAD - respawn? No explanation needed. Try fighting one as a DPS cleric. It's silly.
    4. Warriors, especially in 1.8 .. have you seen Kaspurt's videos? He kills people so.... easily. He just talks calmly while walking out of 4 on 1 situations.. spamming his buttons.. People melt. Wardens may take up what maybe to 15 seconds? And what's up with warriors casting 1k+ range attacks? I guess mages should carry claymores and wear plate, why not. How are you supposed to beat one of these juggernauts with a squishy class? It's really not fair.. nerf these too.

Everyone wants to top the existing WF leaderboard as if we were all playing golf and that’s the wrong mentality -completely. I dream of a day when there are long-term leader boards broken down by soul combo's that incentivized non- FOTM play. They could even tie in some new achievements for things like reaching x amount of KB's with dominantly [insert soul] combo, etc.

The main thing Trion's dev teams needs to do right now though rather than nerf classes into oblivion is plop more WF's out there. Just do it guys... we need a change. Make some death match maps.. how hard could that be?? No fang, no relic, no flag, no complicated scoring system.. just instanced mini-maps with daily/monthly/weekly quests to kill x amount of people. If mass amounts of people quit, no amount of re balancing will matter.
    Last edited by Ming; 04-03-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    The main thing Trion's dev teams needs to do right now though rather than nerf classes into oblivion is plop more WF's out there.
    No, Trion simply needs to stop making sweeping changes to classes in every patch.

Make some death match maps.. how hard could that be?? No fang, no relic, no flag, no complicated scoring system.. just instanced mini-maps with daily/monthly/weekly quests to kill x amount of people. If mass amounts of people quit, no amount of re balancing will matter.
    Deathmatch is inherently unbalanced for exactly the reasons you described while complaining about class balance in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    No, Trion simply needs to stop making sweeping changes to classes in every patch.

Deathmatch is inherently unbalanced for exactly the reasons you described while complaining about class balance in PvP.
    1. Yes, AND we need more WF's.
    2. Balanced? Who cares in a death match? Go out and get 15/50/500 deathmatch kills for x award. It doesn't have to be balanced. Plus it gives people a chance to just go at, work on new specs, learn mechanics, etc. If the wonder-classes are facerolling - oh well. Don't like it, don't queue for it. These would be easy and fast and they could make a ton of them quite easily.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    They don't make sweeping changes, they paper over the cracks with quick "fixes" that don't addresss the fundamental issues, much like they do in the rest of the game.
    Last edited by Flimble; 04-03-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    They don't make sweeping changes, they paper over the cracks with quick "fixes" that don't addresss the fundamental issues, much like they do in the rest of the game.
    This right here.

Trion devs see Problem A that everyone is crying about on the forums. Trion implements solution B which then effects multiple other variables in ways Trion had not thought about prior to their implementation, creating problem C. People begin crying about problem C on the forums and the cycle repeats.

That is how after 1 year Trion has managed to go full circle and make Pyro the only viable PvP Mage DPS spec. (I guess at least we have like 3ish variants though instead of the one and only 51pyro/15am turret mage)
    Last edited by Seether; 04-03-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Ascendant

Uh oh, someone got mad that they can't put 15 hots up with multiple warden insta cast hots while jumping around like a monkey... And be effective.

Trion, please cater to newbs where all they want to cast are instant spells so they can't be interrupted or silenced.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

2. Balanced? Who cares in a death match?
    I'm not sure we're using the same definition of Deathmatch.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you aren't R40.
    Last edited by Zaros; 04-03-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    ~Quiescent

I agree with everything in this thread.

LOL.

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    Uh oh, someone got mad that they can't put 15 hots up with multiple warden insta cast hots while jumping around like a monkey... And be effective.

Trion, please cater to newbs where all they want to cast are instant spells so they can't be interrupted or silenced.
    EXACTLY!! Quit catering to the button mashers who can't be interrupted or silenced... take away their stealth and eradicate!!! Also..no more fanout because its just silly.

And fan out should cause them to get booted from the WF for being just wrong.

Nice to have a chance to laugh at pvp , thanks

It's true, everyone else is bad except me.

The scoreboard is a pack of lies btw. Sometimes it doesn't have me at the top of every ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post

I never did get my Iron Donkey spell that does 30k AoE in a 60m radius around me whenever I die. "omg here comes the glass canon everyone just run"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you aren't R40.
    I'll be transferring to Seastone shard soon and will be happy to show you my mad 51 Inq skillz.

Free-casting Clerics when you're out of CDs as Assassination and sitting in roots isn't that much fun either.

Inferno 11.6" / I7-3632QM / Intel HD Graphics 4000 / NVIDIA GEFORCE 650M 2GB / 4GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz / 500GB SATA HDD / ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND / Toshiba 24" Monitor / Logitech Speakers / Sharkoon Fireglider / Razer Lycosa / GAMECOM Plantronics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast