+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Everyone else is bad

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    4. Warriors, especially in 1.8 .. have you seen Kaspurt's videos? He kills people so.... easily. He just talks calmly while walking out of 4 on 1 situations.. spamming his buttons.. People melt. Wardens may take up what maybe to 15 seconds? And what's up with warriors casting 1k+ range attacks? I guess mages should carry claymores and wear plate, why not. How are you supposed to beat one of these juggernauts with a squishy class? It's really not fair.. nerf these too.
    Again, hes only posting his lucky vids, as everyone does, do not believe that just because hes killing some noobies sometimes alone or sometimes with his team's help OMG WARRIORS ARE OP. If you're a warrior you're not superman or anything alike ffs.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Wardens are only OP because people have it stuck in their heads that healers are the ones that have to die first.
    Lets kill that dominator..... wait, he's not dying coz he had 12 soothing streams on him?
    Lets kill the healer/s!

Looks at warden.... proceeds to find a nice rock and /dance.

Warden's in a pug were powerful. Warden's in a premade were overwhelmingly so. And I play said warden. Wish we had kept the old no-stacking HoT's nerf instead of the new nerf-everything-into-the-ground one. But then again, that's what cleric QQ got us.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    Lets kill that dominator..... wait, he's not dying coz he had 12 soothing streams on him?
    Lets kill the healer/s!

Looks at warden.... proceeds to find a nice rock and /dance.

Warden's in a pug were powerful. Warden's in a premade were overwhelmingly so. And I play said warden. Wish we had kept the old no-stacking HoT's nerf instead of the new nerf-everything-into-the-ground one. But then again, that's what cleric QQ got us.
    Yes right until u got stun locked and CCd and frantically mashed your failed HOTs until the screen went grey

Quote Originally Posted by rayjz View Post
    Again, hes only posting his lucky vids, as everyone does, do not believe that just because hes killing some noobies sometimes alone or sometimes with his team's help OMG WARRIORS ARE OP. If you're a warrior you're not superman or anything alike ffs.
    I don't think so. I've been watching his vids for a long time and didn't get that impression at all. Sure maybe, but he seems like a pretty straight up dude to me. He's also a good player, getting the most of the character... making it look easy.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Yes right until u got stun locked and CCd and frantically mashed your failed HOTs until the screen went grey
    Except that this rarely happens. The number of people who can bring me down within the space of 2 CC DR's are few and far between. More often than not, its due to my own carelessness (ie. my pocket heal target is low on life and I'm frantically trying to keep him up), and I fail to notice my life dropping due to a rogue breaking stealth behind me.

Tml

Can't tell if this thread is meant to be serious.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by rayjz View Post
    Again, hes only posting his lucky vids, as everyone does...
    Seems to me Kaspertz is one of the few people that actually post vids where he makes mistakes, where he doesn't finish top damage, etc, he comes out looking good most of the time because he is good, always amazes me how fast he notices what debuffs are on him (other people seem to need addons to tell them...), what spec the opponent is playing etc, wish I was that fast.

Yes he kills "noobies" and low ranks, but then he posts the entire WF and there isn't much he can do about Rift being written by noob devs that think putting low ranks in with a r40 makes for good PvP...
    Last edited by Flimble; 04-05-2012 at 01:09 AM.

I don't disagree entirely with any of this but having split my time in Rift PvP excusively between cleric HPS and DPS glass canon mode I honestly feel qualified to disagree with you on the point of healing in 1.7. As of right now I don't think it outweighs damage. There's still plenty of burst out there to do the job. 1.8 isn't the end of the world for healers by any stretch I'm not freaking out. I have seen people with three wardens spamming everything known to man to keep them up blown to bits plenty of times. There's just only so much incoming burst that can be healed with any amount of healing, period, but that threshold of burst does require being reached or it doesn't happen. A character has X amount of health, it's finite. If X + 1 burst comes in the character dies.
    except many many of your spells reduce how much damage the character takes so its more like X * 1.4 + 1 health to insta-gib someone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

WTB Druid nerfs please. kinda OP on that melee attack they have...

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    The changes are being made to make warden more in line with the effectiveness of other healing builds, as warden in pvp is way way way above other classes effectiveness.
    What a load of Bull...

I'm going to save a link to this post.
    That way, when you come crying for DoL nerfs after Patch 1.8, I can wave it around at you.
    You will NEVER stop whining for more and more and more healing nerfs.
    There will always be some "OP Healer Build" that is (in your mind) completely ruining PvP for you and your R40 Rogue.
    If you can't kill it in 2 GCDs, then it must be those darned healers and their OP abilities.

Blaming healers because you can't be bothered to spec a build to counter them is just plain lazy.
    But, you don't want to play a CC spec to neutralize Wardens... do you?
    Nope. Can't top a scoreboard with a build like that!

What's worse is that you've found that it's easier to complain about healers on the forums, and have Trion "fix it" for you.
    It's a shame they can't see through this pack of lies.
    The only place that Wardens were ever "unkillable", "God Mode", and "invincible" were in your mind.
    After 1.8, you'll be all about nerfing -icar builds... and in 1.9, Chloros... ad nauseatum.
    ...and I'll be right here with the link about how "only Wardens needed to be brought back into line."
    Last edited by Kaelani; 04-05-2012 at 07:24 AM.

except many many of your spells reduce how much damage the character takes so its more like X * 1.4 + 1 health to insta-gib someone lol
    Many Many?

Let's see... there's Healer's Covenant, which is for 10 seconds every two minutes...
    and...
    and....

(I thought Wardens were overpowered?)

Please list the "many many".

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post
    Many Many?

Let's see... there's Healer's Covenant, which is for 10 seconds every two minutes...
    and...
    and....

(I thought Wardens were overpowered?)

Please list the "many many".
    all of your aoe's kicking off protect the flock in sent/ward builds. shield on proc, etc. hots not disappearing when a target hit full life, so if its not truly insta-gib, the target will be getting more effective HP without another cast. Fact is, you have a lot of tools that buy people time to use thier tools to survive. Stop acting like you dont have the tools to make people survive. Warden healing is being reduced because it is far and away the best healing in the game, not because people cant be killed while being healed by a warden. Warden healing is by far the most potent healing in a warfront to the point of game changing as in running a not warden build will not change the game like running a warden build will. Saying other wise, but then saying you run warden because it is the best healing build is double talk.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 04-05-2012 at 07:36 AM.

FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tml View Post
    Can't tell if this thread is meant to be serious.

Yeh, sorry about that. As I had mentioned in an earlier post I kinda had to to hack up my OP a little to get it to post and some of my message was lost in translation. My intent was to being facetiously over the top in QQ'ing about things that are just part of the game and then the idea of the devs making unnecessary adjustments as a result. For example, rogue assassins should rip people up. Healers should heal! Pyro Mages should blow people up and Doms should drain mana. Bottom line.. if others are doing their jobs you WILL die in PvP. That was kinda my point. So basically .. nerf everyone but me so I can win.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.

all of your aoe's kicking off protect the flock in sent/ward builds. shield on proc, etc. hots not disappearing when a target hit full life, so if its not truly insta-gib, the target will be getting more effective HP without another cast. Fact is, you have a lot of tools that buy people time to use thier tools to survive. Stop acting like you dont have the tools to make people survive. Warden healing is being reduced because it is far and away the best healing in the game, not because people cant be killed while being healed by a warden. Warden healing is by far the most potent healing in a warfront to the point of game changing as in running a not warden build will not change the game like running a warden build will. Saying other wise, but then saying you run warden because it is the best healing build is double talk.
    Right, but because something is best doesn't make it OP. The warden is best in PvP both because of the instant cast and the HoT (fire and forget) in combination. Rather than nerf them, they should be taking notes for the other souls and recognizing the inherent weaknesses of the timed cast in PvP.

Right, but because something is best doesn't make it OP. The warden is best in PvP both because of the instant cast and the HoT (fire and forget) in combination. Rather than nerf them, they should be taking notes for the other souls and recognizing the inherent weaknesses of the timed cast in PvP.
    The reason it is a nerf is because increasing everyone else's healing to warden levels would just be ludicrous amount of healing going on, and thus why it is better to the game as a whole to bring warden healing more in line with what everyone else is able to produce, and then Trion can get to really balancing the game, not making dps classes so spikey just to deal with potential warden healing etc.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 04-05-2012 at 08:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast