+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid flag icon

Rift Disciple

Default Stupid flag icon

Hello everyone, I'm back.

I would like to remind everyone that for mages, if you have 2+ points in Archon, you get slapped with the stupid support flag icon. Even if you have a full 51 points in Chloro.

So, see that guy on the top of the healing meters over and over? HE"S A (BLEEPING) HEALER!!!

I'm about ready to rip my hair out, as over and over today the folks with the "+" icon get marked (which, granted, is an improvement)....and I have more healing (with more deaths) than both of them combined.

I've been begging Trion to fix this for a year now to no avail. So I'm begging the community...if someone's kickin' it healing...stop treating them (me) like crap because "you're not a healer".

If I have more healing than the two people behind me (with "+" icons) COMBINED....guess what? I"m probably a healer. Thanks.

/end rant
    Last edited by Martine; 03-31-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Get good and quit dieing and maybe the game will let you be a healer.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

I really think you're blowing this way out of proportion.
    Personally I like flags more than plus signs, because a flag usually means it's a Chlorodom or a Bard, which (unless there are none at all) usually contribute more than a healer.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

I might agree with you except for the people that keep giving me **** "you need peels because you're a bad healer". "Why should I stop to save you, you're not a healer". "Why is your dps so low?" (Because my healing is typically 5 - 10X my dps?)...

I've been taking **** all day...except when I merc'd of all things. I mean, seriously.
    Last edited by Martine; 03-31-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martine View Post
    I might agree with you except for the people that keep giving me **** "you need peels because you're a bad healer". "Why should I stop to save you, you're not a healer". "Why is your dps so low?" (Because my healing is typically 5 - 10X my dps?)...

I've been taking **** all day...except when I merc'd of all things. I mean, seriously.
    A mage healer will always need peels.
    If someone only saves healers, they're bad, stupid, and mean.
    If someone is looking at your DPS and ignoring your healing done, they're bad/stupid/mean.

I really think this has more to do with you being surrounded by lame people, more than it has to do with the flag icon.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Probably, but the icon isn't helping. Further, if you've 51 in a healing tree and 5 in a support tree...common sense says you're a healer.

And I'm not saying they should only save the healers...but people constantly running by me with 2+ red names up my butt because "you're not a healer"....gets old after a while.
    Last edited by Martine; 03-31-2012 at 09:53 PM.

It's the same if you have points in dom. Not pvp but when I play 51 Archon in raiding pve stuff I have an atk sign because of a few points in pyro and ele. Confuses the **** out of my leaders because they think no one's Archoning.

I stopped caring patches ago.

Sucks you're not getting marked- but good teammates would understand to look at healing done and mark their healers appropriately and not just by the raid signs alone. Though BETTER teammates would not even need marks to know who their healers are and to protect them.

50 mage who does magical stuff. Archon Guide.

+ Reply to Thread