+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Immune to all damage and debuffs?

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default Immune to all damage and debuffs?

    So, I can understand some classes having an immunity to CC (well, seems every class except Clerics anyways) ability, even if I don't understand how it has a 100% uptime.

    What I don't understand, is when they get immunity to all damaging abilities and debuffs and DoTs. Apparently Rogues have a 3 sec spell that does this, but I've seen it last much longer than just 3 seconds and I've seen other classes do this too.

    Obviously I'm a PVP noob, but still, why would Trion even THINK that giving damage immunity on a short CD and long duration is a good idea? Was it just a bug? Was it just cause those twinks have too much Valor for me to damage them?

    It's kinda impossible for me to even attempt to PVP atm, just because of this stupidity.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Vyxagallanxchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinthiel View Post
    So, I can understand some classes having an immunity to CC (well, seems every class except Clerics anyways) ability, even if I don't understand how it has a 100% uptime.

    What I don't understand, is when they get immunity to all damaging abilities and debuffs and DoTs. Apparently Rogues have a 3 sec spell that does this, but I've seen it last much longer than just 3 seconds and I've seen other classes do this too.

    Obviously I'm a PVP noob, but still, why would Trion even THINK that giving damage immunity on a short CD and long duration is a good idea? Was it just a bug? Was it just cause those twinks have too much Valor for me to damage them?

    It's kinda impossible for me to even attempt to PVP atm, just because of this stupidity.
    The rogue 3 second one is a 51 point Riftstalker ability on a 2 min CD. You shouldn't even be attacking a 51 Riftstalker until every single enemy within a 50 meter radius is dead. Cleanse soul USED to be 5 seconds but I think it's one second now, and again, its on a 2 min CD.

    Also, in this game, CC is on diminishing returns, so spamming CC is gonna make immune pop up on your screen a LOT. First CC has 100% duration, 2nd has 50%, after that for I think 10-15 seconds, you are immune to whatever CC category the skill that hit you was in. Plus breakfree which every character has breaks all CC and gives I think 8 seconds of immunity to CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    The rogue 3 second one is a 51 point Riftstalker ability on a 2 min CD. You shouldn't even be attacking a 51 Riftstalker until every single enemy within a 50 meter radius is dead. Cleanse soul USED to be 5 seconds but I think it's one second now, and again, its on a 2 min CD.

    Also, in this game, CC is on diminishing returns, so spamming CC is gonna make immune pop up on your screen a LOT. First CC has 100% duration, 2nd has 50%, after that for I think 10-15 seconds, you are immune to whatever CC category the skill that hit you was in. Plus breakfree which every character has breaks all CC and gives I think 8 seconds of immunity to CC.
    Break Free just breaks CC, it doesn't give immunity. Its on a 2min CD.

    They are immune to the CC from the very beginning, from the very first cast, consistantly. The only ones I can seem to actually land CC on are clerics and anyone who is at the lower end of the lvl bracket (like me). Like I said though, I'm not quite as concerned about that. What really concerns me is that damage immunity.

    Does having enough Valor cause you to be immune to damage? That's the only way I could see it being possible, but even with Valor being the cause and not a spell, it seems ******ed that they can be immune to damage for 10-15 seconds every 30-45 seconds.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker oniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinthiel View Post
    Break Free just breaks CC, it doesn't give immunity. Its on a 2min CD.

    They are immune to the CC from the very beginning, from the very first cast, consistantly. The only ones I can seem to actually land CC on are clerics and anyone who is at the lower end of the lvl bracket (like me). Like I said though, I'm not quite as concerned about that. What really concerns me is that damage immunity.

    Does having enough Valor cause you to be immune to damage? That's the only way I could see it being possible, but even with Valor being the cause and not a spell, it seems ******ed that they can be immune to damage for 10-15 seconds every 30-45 seconds.
    break free will break movement effects and cause you to be immune to these effects for 5 seconds
    clense soul wil remove magical effects and make you immune to these effects for 1 second
    scatter the shadows will make you immune to all damge and harmful effects for 3 seconds

    all of those skills are a 2 minute CD

    spamming a movement effect will rapidly make that target immune to movement effect

    anything else and your just exaggerating

    and also, riftstalkers have no way of killing or healing allies. so for whatever reason your targetting a rs, stop, and target something else.
    Last edited by oniku; 03-31-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    s

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oniku View Post
    break free will break movement effects and cause you to be immune to these effects for 5 seconds
    Break Free doesn't grant immunity. It just breaks you out of whatever movement/control effects are currently active and you can be immediately CC'd right after unless you're on DR immunity.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oniku View Post
    break free will break movement effects and cause you to be immune to these effects for 5 seconds
    clense soul wil remove magical effects and make you immune to these effects for 1 second
    scatter the shadows will make you immune to all damge and harmful effects for 3 seconds

    all of those skills are a 2 minute CD

    spamming a movement effect will rapidly make that target immune to movement effect

    anything else and your just exaggerating

    and also, riftstalkers have no way of killing or healing allies. so for whatever reason your targetting a rs, stop, and target something else.
    If it's 1v1, well, I'm not going to just stand there and let him kill me, i'm going to try and kill him.

    And it's not only Riftstalkers that get immunity from damage, from what I could see while battling. Thinking back on it, it might have been more like 5-10 sec as opposed to 10-15 sec, but seriously, their damage immunity ability is always up whenever I fight them.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker oniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Break Free doesn't grant immunity. It just breaks you out of whatever movement/control effects are currently active and you can be immediately CC'd right after unless you're on DR immunity.
    i remember it being 5 seconds ... but anyways the fact that it doesnt grant immunity only shows how much more op is exaggerating
    s

  8. #8
    Plane Walker oniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinthiel View Post
    If it's 1v1, well, I'm not going to just stand there and let him kill me, i'm going to try and kill him.
    thats an utter waste of time and if your actually dying to these 51 point riftstalkers then you should think about making a new spec that isnt sucking so bad
    s

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Break Free doesn't grant immunity. It just breaks you out of whatever movement/control effects are currently active and you can be immediately CC'd right after unless you're on DR immunity.
    This is why you are in the twink brackets and not the 50's. Breakfree does provide CC immunity after its use and has done so since 1.2.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker oniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oniku View Post
    thats an utter waste of time and if your actually dying to these 51 point riftstalkers then you should think about making a new spec that isnt sucking so bad
    i forgot to add,

    plane shifting will break riftstalker out of snares and roots and anything else besides incapacitated or stun and make them immune to all movement effects for 2 seconds (unless they can shadow stalk you or an ally. then they can break out of any movement effect)
    Last edited by oniku; 03-31-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    s

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oniku View Post
    thats an utter waste of time and if your actually dying to these 51 point riftstalkers then you should think about making a new spec that isnt sucking so bad
    49 twink vs 42 non twink. Not hard to see why I would be losing the fight. Better to go down swinging than to just sit there and let him bash me to bits like a practice dummy.

    way more twinks in this bracket than in the last bracket, from what I've seen.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker oniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    even as a twink. riftstalker dps is very bad. maybe he is tanking you while someone else kills you.

    oh and btw. he wouldnt have that 3 second immune to damage and debuff skill in your bracket.

    the exaggeration is strong in this one
    Last edited by oniku; 03-31-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    s

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oniku View Post
    even as a twink. riftstalker dps is very bad. maybe he is tanking you while someone else kills you.

    oh and btw. he wouldnt have that 3 second immune to damage and debuff skill in your bracket.

    the exaggeration is strong in this one
    Then please explain how when I tried to Vex the target (not saying he was a Riftstalker, its happened on multiple different people) it said "immune"?

    Why when I cast Sanction Heretic, "immune"?

    Why when I cast Bolt of Justice 3-4 times "immune"?

    Why when I cast Spiritual Deficiency, "immune"?

    Like I said, i can understand the CC bits, and that isn't what is bothering me. What's bothering me is when I can't damage opponents cause they are immune. Not Resisted (which I do get occasionally), but legit saying "immune"
    Last edited by Tyrinthiel; 03-31-2012 at 09:56 AM.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker oniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinthiel View Post
    Then please explain how when I tried to Vex the target (not saying he was a Riftstalker, its happened on multiple different people) it said "immune"?

    Why when I cast Sanction Heretic, "immune"?

    Why when I cast Bolt of Justice 3-4 times "immune"?

    Why when I cast Spiritual Deficiency, "immune"?

    Like I said, i can understand the CC bits, and that isn't what is bothering me. What's bothering me is when I can't damage opponents cause they are immune.

    people can resist spells all on their own in the same way they can dodge physical attacks. obviously theyre not resisting every single time your casting stuff as they are not dodging every single physical attack. especially since they wont have cleanse soul either at 49 (as its in level 50 war atunement)
    Last edited by oniku; 03-31-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    s

  15. #15
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Start recording your games. If it happens often it will happen again. When it happens take a screenshot and note the timestamp in the video, then when you have time go back and review and/or post the video so you can examine it and see exactly what is happening and/or who it's happening against.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-31-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts