+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What PvP changes have been made since 1.1?

Soulwalker

Default What PvP changes have been made since 1.1?

I left the game shortly after 1.1 came out and and curious as to what changes have been made to PvP since then. Also and some what curios as the to state of PvP and specifically world PvP.

One new warfront
    PvP rifts (content which died long ago)
    Weekend escalation warfronts (doesn't count, since it's not content we can play all week)
    A set of new gear
    Itemisation and ranking changes
    Removal of PvP soul and introduction of the WAR PA (which is much more limiting since I can't spec it in a top raiding guild)

er yeah.
    Last edited by Soul sky; 03-30-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Is that really it?, i'd assumed Rift launched with a lot less (say maybe 2 WFs) and more was added over a number of patches

So in all this time only 1 more WF and the change to PVP Rifts (that aren't exactly great/popular).
    Level 50 Mage - Naritta@Icewatch.
    Level 50 Rogue - Naritta@Bloodiron.

Banned

They have added arenas in the form of forum pvp. The new season starts next week with all new fancy titles and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    They have added arenas in the form of forum pvp. The new season starts next week with all new fancy titles and mounts.
    Woohoo!!

So, is this going to be time based (# of posts) or skill based (Post to like ratio)?

If it's the latter, I might actually get somewhere.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    Woohoo!!

So, is this going to be time based (# of posts) or skill based (Post to like ratio)?

If it's the latter, I might actually get somewhere.
    They are currently working and are very excited about the new forum pvp leader boards, they're just not ready to reveal the great details yet! They don't want to be disingenuous...
    Last edited by Pyrial; 03-30-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zukster View Post
    I left the game shortly after 1.1 came out and and curious as to what changes have been made to PvP since then. Also and some what curios as the to state of PvP and specifically world PvP.

Well to explain the changes from 1.1 would take a lot of time but Oh goodness a lot has changed and more changes are coming with the new patch. I suggest you read the patches to get yourself acquainted, because there is a lot LOL.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    They are currently working and are very excited about the new forum pvp leader boards, they're just not ready to reveal the great details yet! They don't want to be disingenuous...

/+4ch

Quote Originally Posted by Zukster View Post
    Wardstones are no longer PvP objectives, they are now Legacy achievements if you had gotten them done. Wardstones were replaced with PvP Rifts which are just about as popular as Wardstones were.

Valor is normalized now.
    Vengeance was added (PvP AP/SP)
    There are now 8 Ranks which were elongated to 40 (Don't be intimidated it's really just 2 new ranks)
    Any decent build you may have enjoyed in 1.1 is probably insanely easy now, or completely useless
    Addons are now available.

One new Warfront.
    Escalated Warfronts on Weekends, some are slightly different objectives, but same map.
    Grinding Ranks is now easier than ever thanks to Favor/Prestige Potions, and bonus weekends!

The community is still the same
    NERF, BUFF, I R 1% I OWN!, U R 1% YOU DONT MATAR. Kinds of stuff.

I think that is about it.
    Oh yeah, PvP weapons also have Valor on them now.
    If you are P8 you can by a Cosmetic outfit of P8 Gear for your Wardrobe! /facepalm

Honestly there is a lot of bickering but balance wise, other than gear disparity we are getting pretty close.

Oooh, WF's now try to smart match you against players close to your rank, lower ranking players get their stats Bolstered.

CC? Forget about it, DR has completely destroyed it unless you are rolling with a group that is coordinated with some kind of voice communication.

Mercenary, so that WF's pop faster you can now be placed on the other factions team.
    (Whether you like this or not, it is probably smartest to keep that opinion to yourself, hot debates, and people get heated) o.O

Erm, I probably missed some stuff, but thats what I remember off the top of my head.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    If you are P8 you can by a Cosmetic outfit of P8 Gear for your Wardrobe! /facepalm

One of my personal favorites

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    One new warfront
    PvP rifts (content which died long ago)
    Weekend escalation warfronts (doesn't count, since it's not content we can play all week)
    A set of new gear
    Itemisation and ranking changes
    Removal of PvP soul and introduction of the WAR PA (which is much more limiting since I can't spec it in a top raiding guild)

er yeah.
    ^ this, plus a thousand buffs and nerfs to all the classes since then. It is nowhere near the same game, really.

+ Reply to Thread