+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Perfect solution to make manadrains usefull

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    412

    Default Perfect solution to make manadrains usefull

    All know that manadrains, specially VK ones, are joke. Not only it takes forever to drain someone unless he's very low to start with, but it don't really help anything. Manareg is fast enought to give enought heals to live forever one on one even after you are drained.

    So allow us to drain mana to NEGATIVE numbers, draining 500 mana from someone with 50 mana left would put him to -450 mana. This would finally have some effect. But because actual mana drains would stay same, it would still be super slow to get anyone drained and killing player would be in most cases much easier.

    And anyone saying this would be too harash or powerfull - that's just saying that being at zero mana don't matter at all. If it were already enought to make you useless then going to negatives woudln't matter anyway.
    I was born amidst the purple waterfalls.
    I was weak, yet not unblessed.
    Dead to the world. Alive for the journey. -Nightwish, Bless the Child

  2. #2
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    All know that manadrains, specially VK ones, are joke. Not only it takes forever to drain someone unless he's very low to start with, but it don't really help anything. Manareg is fast enought to give enought heals to live forever one on one even after you are drained.

    So allow us to drain mana to NEGATIVE numbers, draining 500 mana from someone with 50 mana left would put him to -450 mana. This would finally have some effect. But because actual mana drains would stay same, it would still be super slow to get anyone drained and killing player would be in most cases much easier.

    And anyone saying this would be too harash or powerfull - that's just saying that being at zero mana don't matter at all. If it were already enought to make you useless then going to negatives woudln't matter anyway.
    I disagree.
    Last edited by Am0n; 03-29-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara Wawer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Mana drain is never useless.
    The reason VK's mana drain is weak is because they need dmg to effectively drain mana.Iif you crt a cleric for 2k~3k with mana drain skill, the last thing that come to his mind is his mana.

    Reduce the cleric mana to almost zero effectively destroy his ability to heal.
    You need to try a cleric to actually know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by Wawer; 03-29-2012 at 02:31 AM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

  4. #4
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    I think we should be able to take energy below 0 as well. -1k Energy. Gee gee Warrior/Rogue
    "You lost me at Balance"

  5. #5
    Plane Walker TheKomissar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Double the mana drain on VK's Soul Pillage (or make it scale with weapon damage and AP like every other attack?), raise the mana drain from Unstable Reaction by about 500% (draining 50% of the damage done on an ability that does 100-150 damage a tick isn't really helping. By this point I just press the ability and break it off to leave them with the silence while I use an actual mana drain on them), and raise Power Sink (lol 43 mps? Really? Am I draining level 20s here?) to maybe 100-200 mps and we're in business.

    At the moment the only mana drain we have is Devouring Blow, which if specced right, can chip off about 800-1,200 of a Cleric's mana at a time if you crit. Problem is the rest are so terrible that I have to sacrifice nearly all of my DPS just to mana drain, purge their hots so they have to cast more to waste more of their mana, then mana drain again.

    And by the time they're empty, they can pop a cooldown and be back at full and the roller coaster starts again.




    And don't even get me started about Chlorodoms. They might as well not even have mana bars. One Mana Wrench tick undoes 10 of my GCDs worth of mana drains.

    And Chlorolocks have the lifetap crap going for them. Takes another breed than me to kill them in any sort of decent amount of time.





    Also, I was clearly informed on Rift's website when I joined that Void Knight had a spell reflect. I still haven't found it anywhere, but damn I'm searching.
    Last edited by TheKomissar; 03-29-2012 at 03:26 AM.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I think we should be able to take energy below 0 as well. -1k Energy. Gee gee Warrior/Rogue
    By all means, power/energy drains are worthless too. Would take quite long to drain 1k energy thou . Anyway, actually increasing VK drains would of course be better - and much needed - but something really must be done. If not to drains, then to mana regeneration and CDs in PvP.
    I was born amidst the purple waterfalls.
    I was weak, yet not unblessed.
    Dead to the world. Alive for the journey. -Nightwish, Bless the Child

  7. #7
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    I read that as mandarins. I think I need sleep.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  8. #8
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    This wouldn't make Dom OP at all lol
    ~Quiescent

  9. #9
    Ascendant Byona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    By all means, power/energy drains are worthless too. Would take quite long to drain 1k energy thou . Anyway, actually increasing VK drains would of course be better - and much needed - but something really must be done. If not to drains, then to mana regeneration and CDs in PvP.
    i disagree, mana is a huge issue for healing clerics, VK might not be the problem but dominators are dominating with the mana bars, i just tested and it seems we regen 10% mana per ~45 seconds with max PvP gear. In my opinion that is low enough it should not be touched.
    Last edited by Byona; 04-01-2012 at 06:26 AM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

  10. #10
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    By all means, power/energy drains are worthless too. Would take quite long to drain 1k energy thou . Anyway, actually increasing VK drains would of course be better - and much needed - but something really must be done. If not to drains, then to mana regeneration and CDs in PvP.
    I was being sarcastic lol. Rogue and Warrior both have Subpar mana drain. I have given up on even using it ever since the removal of ToT. Just leave the Mana drain to Doms, and let the Warriors/Rogues Pew Pew. I know we want flexibility, but I'm not going to complain. Complaining doesn't seem to do much here anyways.

    Just eat the candy you got, and when something new pops out just say "O Goodie!"
    "You lost me at Balance"

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Mage Lifetap is not useable in a close combat situation, it does 15% dmg to us as well you know, that's like a 1k hit a time to restore 15% mana and wastes a whole GCD. If we have to keep casting that, we aren't hurting you and killing ourselves in the process.

    My pyro chloro has no fast way of mana regen (other than the fact it goes up faster itself) - if my mana is drained, I have a potion to survive a few more seconds, but I'm essentially dead.

    A drained Cleric is a dead Cleric also.

    I think you have to play a mage/cleric to know that actually draining them to almost 0 is as good as killing them in almost all situations.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 04-01-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

  12. #12
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CreepyD View Post
    I think you have to play a mage/cleric to know that actually draining them to almost 0 is as good as killing them in almost all situations.
    You don't need to know that. Why do you think in some Premades it is one persons job to keep the Cleric OMM, but not kill him.

    Also I don't think a Mage is ment to be in close quarter combat o.O
    "You lost me at Balance"

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default

    The fact that you don't have an instant cast Drain Target for 100% of their mana is rough, I know!

    But seriously...

    For a healer, mana is ALL THEY HAVE! What makes you taking it away from them faster more fair? Once their mana is gone, they're useless.

    Mana drains are already overpowered to the point that against real pvp'ers, my healer is in permanent need of mana.

    But since you brought it up, I demand that my AoE heals also apply a 5x stacking debuff on every enemy within 10 yards of every players affected by my AoE that drains 10 power and energy per second per stack for 30 seconds... because Power and Energy are OP!
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 04-01-2012 at 08:32 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Mana drains are quite useful in the right hands. I'm not really a big advocate of making them "more" useful because they promote downtime. (the fewer heals the shorter the fights the more people ragequit)

  15. #15
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Mana drains are quite useful in the right hands. I'm not really a big advocate of making them "more" useful because they promote downtime. (the fewer heals the shorter the fights the more people ragequit)
    The reverse is also true, though. The more heals, the longer the fights, the more people ragequit.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts