+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: About to start a New Series

Ascendant

Default About to start a New Series

This is just gonna be a 10-15 min segment of me going over RIFT's Problems once per week. If you are interested send me a PM. Ill probably do my first show on Thursday. Get skype! Vent sucks for these types of things.

King of RIFT

You have my support.

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Parfaite View Post
    You have my support.
    Awesome Possum

King of RIFT

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    This is just gonna be a 10-15 min segment of me going over RIFT's Problems once per week. If you are interested send me a PM. Ill probably do my first show on Thursday. Get skype! Vent sucks for these types of things.
    Honestly, I don't think most people care at this point in Rift's life. We have told Trion for months what's wrong with PvP and they obviously don't care. Rift has one foot in the grave as it is now. When GW2 comes out, Rift will be F2P within a month.

I don't see many people, especially PVP'ers sticking around longer than maybe 2 or 3 more months. After that, it's goodbye Rift for 90% of us.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Honestly, I don't think most people care at this point in Rift's life. We have told Trion for months what's wrong with PvP and they obviously don't care. Rift has one foot in the grave as it is now. When GW2 comes out, Rift will be F2P within a month.

I don't see many people, especially PVP'ers sticking around longer than maybe 2 or 3 more months. After that, it's goodbye Rift for 90% of us.
    i know this, but im bored lol.

King of RIFT

I'm not really much for getting in videos or discussing things, but I think you doing this is a great idea and hope that it works out.

Isn't that more or less what people were saying about swtor before it came out? And now lots have come back.

I've been following GW2 dev pretty closely and looks interesting but I think their particular twist on PVP won't be for everyone.
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

Quote Originally Posted by psionicalpha View Post
    Isn't that more or less what people were saying about swtor before it came out? And now lots have come back.
    lots? swtor has 6 times the subs this game has
    this one's trying to save their game by ignoring pvp issues & expanding to china
    bad choice
    Last edited by Sykk; 03-27-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Ascendant

i know this, but im bored lol.
    Oh I know, not a jab at you at all. Just sayin' though. I'm sure your comments will be interesting and entertaining.

I've been following GW2 dev pretty closely and looks interesting but I think their particular twist on PVP won't be for everyone.
    SWTOR is the reason Rift got rid of half its shards (no matter what trion may claim). Some have come back (including me), but not that many. It's sad because Rift could be pretty sweet if trion would just change a few things around with PvP.

Yeah, Rift is always going to be an easy to play game, but still it could be more fun. At this point I don't think trion wants to invest many development resources when they know GW2 is looming over the horizon. They are just going to ride the sinking ship until it finally hits bottom.

Hey, maybe I am wrong and Rift will be going strong a year from now. But I am betting not.

hahaha u suck.

I'll probably be at work, if not I'll drop in for Lawls dough

er cool +2 I guess o.O not sure how that happened
    Last edited by Am0n; 03-27-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

This is true. Every person who is enthusiastic about mmo pvp will be, at the very least, trying out gw2. It's highly unlikely the PVP is going to be worse than what you see in Rift.

re: spurt'z new series. Here's a sneak peak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg_DG...783ACCB9&t=15s

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    This is true. Every person who is enthusiastic about mmo pvp will be, at the very least, trying out gw2. It's highly unlikely the PVP is going to be worse than what you see in Rift.

re: spurt'z new series. Here's a sneak peak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg_DG...783ACCB9&t=15s
    lame, someone used that joke already. try to be more original please.

King of RIFT

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by psionicalpha View Post
    Not that many have come back, when you consider entire guilds left (and are still leaving), nor was it simply a case of Rift doing fine until SWTOR, it was already declining, especially on the PvP side.

Furthermore in regard to the PvP side GW2 will in all likelyhood have far more effect, the only people I know who were particularly excited about SWTOR were Star Wars fans or Bioware fans, most others had the attitude of I'll give it a try and were not expecting much on the PvP front.

With GW2 it is bascially the game a lot (not all I know, but a lot) of PvPers have been looking forward to for a long time, I should imagine it would have to be pretty terrible and have technical issues like SWTOR for PvPers to leave it in droves, bearing in mind how much PvP content it has compared to the likes of Rift.
    Last edited by Flimble; 03-27-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Sure that won't get you banned?
    Last edited by Cime; 03-28-2012 at 02:02 AM.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Ascendant

I think it could be a great idea as long as you don't see any balloons while you're doing it.....

I also kind of think it would be short-lived, because it's hard to stay motivated to dwell on the critical side of things long enough to prepare and do a 12-15 minute show on it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Not that many have come back, when you consider entire guilds left (and are still leaving), nor was it simply a case of Rift doing fine until SWTOR, it was already declining, especially on the PvP side.

Furthermore in regard to the PvP side GW2 will in all likelyhood have far more effect, the only people I know who were particularly excited about SWTOR were Star Wars fans or Bioware fans, most others had the attitude of I'll give it a try and were not expecting much on the PvP front.

With GW2 it is bascially the game a lot (not all I know, but a lot) of PvPers have been looking forward to for a long time, I should imagine it would have to be pretty terrible and have technical issues like SWTOR for PvPers to leave it in droves, bearing in mind how much PvP content it has compared to the likes of Rift.
    And once the shine rubs off on GW 2 and people realise its not that great what happens?

Its yet another over-hyped game which its going to find very difficult to live up to. Sure some will go to play it but by no means will it take as many people from Rift as you think.

I've not seen a single video of GW2 as yet where the combat doesnt appear slow and clunky, The graphics dont look as good as Rift, the target highlight would drive me crazy it looks so bad.

Most people who talk about GW2 know very little about it. They are building in what essentially amounts to a F2P style cash shop where-by players can buy their way through rather than spend much actual time to obtain things. If sustained effort can be equalled by a credit card im not interested.

Sure, Rift will take a short term hit, but in all honesty i dont think GW2 is going to be the great game people are building it up to be.

So the SWTOR fanboys have been replaced by GW fanboys, and the circle of MMO's goes on.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast