+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Warden's taking a hit, chloro's being buffed

Shadowlander

Default Warden's taking a hit, chloro's being buffed

With the changes, we all know we will most likely see a major influx of clerics moving to dps souls in pvp while mages start playing more chloro hybrids.

As a mage myself i have no intention to play chloro what so ever in pvp, i like playing 51 dom the most however like a herded sheep, im willing to bet this is going to happen.

I understand mages go chloro for surviability and most don't do it for healing others. But of course this will change again as is the norm with the next sweeping nerf/buff round comes.

Why wouldn't there be the +15% bonus located under the planar war tree somewhere? (to replace the crappy skills in there) make people work a little bit at least to earn this bonus instead of just giving a flat buff?

You have a war planar tree for a reason, you could branch one way and get a bonus in healing, or branch another and get a bonus in damage ect... same with all classes actually Let people tailor their war tree to their play style just like they can their character themself?

War tree can have soo much good added too it, but right now it seems about useless. (yeah yeah yell at me for this one idc) You literally could tailor a "branch" of each tree to the different archtypes of each class.

Just a thought and a idea.

I'd say it's because Chloros in PvP already need all the help they can get. Putting a goodie for more healing like that in the War attunement is a good idea, but it should be an addition to the buffs that Chloros are already receiving.
    ~Quiescent

Shadowlander

But a flat bonus like that is a risky idea, honestly think that just increasing the amount of outgoing healing to more players while using LGV is safer without going overboard.

Don't get me wrong as a mage id love to be invulnerable in a warfront but im afraid that this is going to get out of control quickly and even quicker catch a nerf bat which leaves us worse than current state.

Trust me, you do not have to worry about Chloros being nerfed in the near future. 1.8 has a lot bigger Riftblades to fry.

Er, sorry...Bigger fish to fry.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jimih1983 View Post
    With the changes, we all know we will most likely see a major influx of clerics moving to dps souls in pvp while mages start playing more chloro hybrids.

As a mage myself i have no intention to play chloro what so ever in pvp, i like playing 51 dom the most however like a herded sheep, im willing to bet this is going to happen.

I understand mages go chloro for surviability and most don't do it for healing others. But of course this will change again as is the norm with the next sweeping nerf/buff round comes.

Why wouldn't there be the +15% bonus located under the planar war tree somewhere? (to replace the crappy skills in there) make people work a little bit at least to earn this bonus instead of just giving a flat buff?

You have a war planar tree for a reason, you could branch one way and get a bonus in healing, or branch another and get a bonus in damage ect... same with all classes actually Let people tailor their war tree to their play style just like they can their character themself?

War tree can have soo much good added too it, but right now it seems about useless. (yeah yeah yell at me for this one idc) You literally could tailor a "branch" of each tree to the different archtypes of each class.

The reason they aren't "making mages work for the buff" is that mages have been owed this buff since valor was implemented which hinderd the damage mages did therefor healed.

Yea neat skills in pa tree would be fun to have, trust me I love the PA pts I got around 550 levels, but the more they add to the tree the bigger the gap between newer and older players get making it harder for up and coming players to catch up. Be careful what you ask for you just might get it.

Plane Walker

I honestly don't think +15% heals from LGV will make any difference to the grand scheme of being a main healer in pvp.
    That's like an extra 40hp / 80hp (depending if debuffed) per 2 second Vile Spores cast for example (at rank 40)..
    Is that really going to make us suddenly able to heal everyone just fine?

I'll await 1.8 to pass judgement, but I don't have high hopes.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 03-27-2012 at 04:24 AM.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

If bards were worth playing between virtuoso cooldowns then more rogues would play bards, healing would be more evenly spread out, and clerics could handle the nerf a little better.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyD View Post
    I honestly don't think +15% heals from LGV will make any difference to the grand scheme of being a main healer in pvp.
    That's like an extra 40hp / 80hp (depending if debuffed) per 2 second Vile Spores cast for example (at rank 40)..

This isn't the only buff they are getting though. Withering vine a damage/heal over time skill is now a instant cast instead of a 2 second cast, and has a 16 second duration instead of a 10 second duration. Making this skill very spammable, and very easy to stack on multiple targets along with the 15% heal increase will make chloros much much more viable of a healer in pvp.

Rift Disciple

As someone who's played cholorohealer pretty much from day one, I will say that healing after valor was noticiably less, though I generally do pretty good on the boards (unless I'm dogpiled - and once I climb the meters that always seems to happen). Glad we're finally getting some help, a handful of ppl I healed with early on went dps out of frustration they couldn't survive.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyD View Post

oh the LGV buff isnt really anything to be honest lol, its pretty much just a bandaid to a bullet wound. As of now the way i play chloro ( just my playstyle), I pretty much go 12/lock and 3pyro for opportunity and pushback. What i do is usually cast a few WV to keep SHoE proccin and Crystal vine/shields up. then i pretty much spam instants to proc opportunity in order to @mouseover Nature's Healing. Also using a well time/placed Nature splendor. I personally rarely even cast vile spores anymore.

If everything is down and no opportunity is up i usually just find a target with Hots to blight/then EV+ void life simply to keep ShoE and shields up once again. Thw Wv being instant is a very nice buff atleast for me and the way i play, right now i can usually keep up with average clerics in healing and prolly like 75k-100k under good clerics. All i would ask for is a serindipty type of talent for nature's Healing, like that of NF. But i could also see how they could be a bit to much since NH crits for 4.5k+ with no healing debuff on the target.

Another change i would argue for is a better cleanse, maybe not as good as doms, but maybe something like 3 at a time or even over time. Oh and maybe add the same buff that NT gives for a synthesis target to LGV targets, maybe im shooting at stars but what the hell.

Rift Master

Always mountains out of moleholes.

The warden nerfs aren't going to render cleric healing useless, and the chloro buffs mean NOTHING in competitive pvp. The build that benefit most (chloro/lock) might see a tiny resurgence. That's it.

A 15% healing buff that only affects slow-casting nukes? The same nukes that require you to be in range of your enemy and completely stationary? Bloom/Flourish/NH (aka our actual heals) are completely unaffected.

Withering Vine made instant cast with increased duration? Does it still do less than 100dmg a tick? Does it still heal for like 60hp/tick and only on friendlies within 7m of the target? Still not worth the GCD to cast it.

NH no longer vulnerable to pushback? Do you still have to stand perfectly still to cast it, borking your positioning/mobility entirely? Is it still way, way, way too slow to save anyone being focused/bursted?

The only effective mage "healer" is chloro/dom, and it's only effective because you can cast suppressing debuffs/cc/drains and supporting denies/reflects in between blooms.

Rift Disciple

Yer bursting my bubble. Here I was actually starting to have hope of a useful fix.

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    the chloro buffs mean NOTHING in competitive pvp
    Where did you find competitive pvp?! Share . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jimih1983 View Post

We used to have something like that (+15% dmg dealt) in the old PVP soul...it was in the dps branch side...then Trion ditched the PVP souls cuz they were too hard to balance b/t PVE and PVP specs. So, out went Archmage and in came the War PA. And mages everywhere died a little inside.

PVP pa for the mage is the most pathetic joke I've seen.

- 100% chance to make interrupted spellcast have 25% haste (down from instant cast)
    - Chance on melee hit to proc 10% speed buff and drop kite/snare (down from 50%)
    - Complete loss of 30% buff to crit dmg
    - Complete loss of 15% buff to all dmg
    - Lost detaunt - target does -50% dmg to mage, broken if mage dmgs target (this was a MAJOR survivability tool for PVP mages)

Why am I even listing this crap anymore...it's just pointless. Playing a mage in 50pvp has become about as much fun as waking up with an itchy rash on my butt.

But at least we're getting 15% buff to chloro heals...
    At least craptastic withering vines is instant cast...Just one more instant cast dot to add to the wonderfully long list of crappy dots. But this one can heal I guess, if you're standing within 7m (and then it's for about 75-100 a tick?)
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Where did you find competitive pvp?! Share . . .
    You run premades and get that rare game of 5 v5 and hope pugs don't come in 3/4 of the way and **** it up.
    Last edited by Seether; 03-28-2012 at 02:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast