+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I'd like to personally thank the Defiants of Seastone

Champion

Default I'd like to personally thank the Defiants of Seastone

Today you proved without a shadow of a doubt that ANY nerf to healing is NOT needed. In fact healing needs a buff!

I played 20 matches today. 3 of those you had 1 or 2 of the top 5 healers. 17 of them, Guardians had 3+ of the top healers but Guardians NEVER had more than 4 dps in the top 15!!!

Guardians won *1* of those matches.

Some are going to argue that the healers sucked, or the dps sucked, or it was a premade, or blah blah blah, but in the end, the result is, that no matter how many healers we had, the DPS on the Defiants team used stuns/fears/squirrels/silences/marks and absolutely demolished the Guardians hands down.

Even if they were 10/15 premade, and guardians were 13/15 pug, this was just a glimpse into post 1.8 with healing nerfs. There will be no more healers. PERIOD. DPS that can't dps now are just bads that won't use an ability other than one that contributes to overall damage done or killing blows. Healing nerfs are going to reinforce their bad play styles and revert PvP back to a mindnumbing spam fest.

When you get a group of players that work as they're intended, and have pure dps on their team, will roll EVERY Healer in the Warfront!

But somehow I doubt Trion even cares. I've almost come to the conclusion that their main goal is actually to force players to all DPS. Healers don't have a place in PvP at all! They cant' kill anyone and shouldn't even be in there.

The team with the most skilled dps wins everytime... and don't even tell me they don't, because I just witnessed 19 out of 20 games where the winning team had 12 of the top 15 overall damage done and the losing team had 4 of the top 5 overall healing done.

GG Trion!
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 03-26-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    Even if they were 10/15 premade, and guardians were 13/15 pug
    I'd like to personally thank the Defiants of Seastone
    seastone is where all the best defiants are atm....
    not dissin ur rant but u can't compare them to the majority/average player
    yeah they use cc & focus single targets (prolly on vent too lol)
    no pug can compete with that

I liked the tripple threat team going last night in Whitefall of Me, Thiussatdeux, and Seether. Got pretty nasty all on the same side.

The majority of players are no better than the ones at Brocliff. But I come across more deece Defiants here.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-26-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I liked the tripple threat team going last night in Whitefall of Me, Thiussatdeux, and Seether. Got pretty nasty all on the same side.

The majority of players are no better than the ones at Brocliff. But I come across more deece Defiants here.
    glad i missed that ;p
    i was busy fending off rogues in EI

idk, guards have been rollin my def rogue on the brocliff bg for some time now
    i think that bg has the better guards

Rift Chaser

Seastone has a very active PvP base. When I start a warfront and I see Defiants have a lot of seastone players it is a good sign for me.

& i'm not sayin they have the better guards cus my scrub rogue loses lol
    used to shard hop on my cleric & guards win a lot more over there
    so i'm kinda dumb cus i have my factions on the opp battle groups that they should be on ;p

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    seastone is where all the best defiants are atm....
    not dissin ur rant but u can't compare them to the majority/average player
    yeah they use cc & focus single targets (prolly on vent too lol)
    no pug can compete with that
    Yes, I understand this. I know it's likely because of the dual whitefall weekend/bonus XP and will likely go back to 'normal' after, but it was the perfect demonstration of just how little Trion thinks they understand of the true state of 1.7 PvP.

90% of the rants on the PvP boards lately have been about either healing clerics or the inferred warrior buff in 1.8.

The point I was trying to make with my original post was that 1.7 made healing a commodity in PvP. Almost EVERY patch before that made healing in PvP a complete joke.

And although 95% of the matches in the warfronts during the time I was playing this morning were *premades* (even though I'm sure they'll deny it) the fact is that it was NOT the healing that made the difference. In fact it would have been better had we not had any healers at all and every player on the team was DPS... that's basically what they did. Players couldn't live through 2 or 3 shots. Healers can't heal through that, I don't care how good you are.

Is it always like this? No. Will it be like this after the Warfront weekend is over? I doubt it.

I've just gotten tired of Trion making changes to classes that's only problem are the bad players complaining about issues they have absolutely no clue about and Trion accomodating their baseless rants.

Healers are NOT OP!
    Cross healing Wardens are NOT OP!
    Bad players creating 90% of the whine on these boards ***IS*** OP!

My intention is not to say that these Defiants on Seastone were OP or that Trion needs to change anything. What I am saying is that they were organized, likely in Vent, working as a team, and completely steamrolling the Guardian Pugs... and all this, in our supposedly OP Healing Patch!

DPS still rules the Warfronts... when played how they're intended to be played.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 03-26-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

lmao@chonchy goin dps
    don't think he/she liked gettin merced

Champion

Quite frankly I'm surprised to see more than 2 blue names in the top 15 Overall Damage done...
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 03-26-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Ascendant

Thanks, but I played like **** last night. I was raging to Pocketemu in private chat. One of these days I am going to beat his KB score with my MM.

I remember this match. God I was playing so bad. 5-0. LOL, seriously. Pocket was giving me MM tips, some of which I am going to incorporate.
    Last edited by AceinHole; 03-26-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

@ OP I'm on Seastone defiant and I was pvping a lot on my warrior Grizza today. Not sure if I played with you but there was this one game where like 4/7 of the guardian team was warfront farm bots. There are a few characters I've been seeing for weeks who I just now realized are actually farm bots. Just saying this might be part of why your team was sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk View Post
    lmao@chonchy goin dps
    don't think he/she liked gettin merced
    I hope anti-merc defiants don't take it personally, cause I hardly even notice these things. When I do merc, I actually like to try to top perform just so I can have the irony of being the MVP Defiant of the Guardian team. I like the Guardians to know they won because they had a Defiant on their team. Taste it Guards.

It's also no surprise though that if they ever create a neutral faction who can kill everyone, I am there no contest.
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-26-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Yes, I understand this. I know it's likely because of the dual whitefall weekend/bonus XP and will likely go back to 'normal' after, but it was the perfect demonstration of just how little Trion thinks they understand of the true state of 1.7 PvP.

90% of the rants on the PvP boards lately have been about either healing clerics or the inferred warrior buff in 1.8.

The point I was trying to make with my original post was that 1.7 made healing a commodity in PvP. Almost EVERY patch before that made healing in PvP a complete joke.

And although 95% of the matches in the warfronts during the time I was playing this morning were *premades* (even though I'm sure they'll deny it) the fact is that it was NOT the healing that made the difference. In fact it would have been better had we not had any healers at all and every player on the team was DPS... that's basically what they did. Players couldn't live through 2 or 3 shots. Healers can't heal through that, I don't care how good you are.

Is it always like this? No. Will it be like this after the Warfront weekend is over? I doubt it.

I've just gotten tired of Trion making changes to classes that's only problem are the bad players complaining about issues they have absolutely no clue about and Trion accomodating their baseless rants.

Healers are NOT OP!
    Cross healing Wardens are NOT OP!
    Bad players creating 90% of the whine on these boards ***IS*** OP!

My intention is not to say that these Defiants on Seastone were OP or that Trion needs to change anything. What I am saying is that they were organized, likely in Vent, working as a team, and completely steamrolling the Guardian Pugs... and all this, in our supposedly OP Healing Patch!

DPS still rules the Warfronts... when played how they're intended to be played.

Amen.

/10

Quite frankly I'm surprised to see more than 2 blue names in the top 15 Overall Damage done...
    Lol I made the top 15! Woot!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast