+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Costs
  • 4 Post By Tyaus

Thread: Dear Trion: Thank You For 1.7 ... You Won Me Back.

Rift Disciple

Default Dear Trion: Thank You For 1.7 ... You Won Me Back.

So, being the lazy bum I am ... I figured I would just post my thanks here in the PVP forum.

When Rift first came out, I was really excited and immediately leveled a Mage and Cleric to 50 within the first month. I then went through the loooong grind to max their PVP ranks & gear (was r6 back then).

My experience at the time was awful, and it was absolutely painful getting those toons up the ranks (especially when playing in a Defiant dominant server). I eventually deleted my account and quit the game, because I just didn't see the fun in kicking other r1's teeth in, especially because I went through the grind first.

Last month, a friend, adamant about getting me back into Rift ... had me sit down and read all the improvements you have made to PVP. I absolutely love the many steps you took to balance everything out, and make the entire experience more enjoyable with mercenaries and better matching. While far from perfect, I was deeply impressed by how quickly (and the degree to which) you responded to your player base.

I have begun a new sub and am enjoying leveling my new toon through WFs. I appreciate your hard work, and while it is rare ... you have won back an old customer.

Keep up the good work.

Prophet of Telara

1.8 is coming out soon, you might change your mind.

+ Reply to Thread