Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: I am sick and tired of MERCING! Stop making me play in a way I don't want to!

Telaran

Default I am sick and tired of MERCING! Stop making me play in a way I don't want to!

Listen, if I wanted to play a Guardian in the Warfronts, I would roll a Guardian. In fact, I have done that--but they are PvE toons. My PvP toon is a Defiant. I, the customer who is paying to play, chose to play it out that way. But I am sick, and tired, of being *forced* to choose between:

1. Continuing in the match I have been dropped into as a merc.
    2. Facing 15 minutes of surfing the web because I have abandoned a Warfront battle*.
    3. Rage-quitting and getting SWTOR.

Yes, I know, I will be in the queues longer as there are not enough Guardians to fill the warfronts. I DON'T CARE! I'd rather be in the queue for an hour as opposed to being shoveled into three Merc clusters [EDIT] in a row like I just was.

Yes I know, other people will sit in the queues longer if I am not forced to Merc. Not my problem. I pay my money to play my character and faction I have chosen--not to be some involuntary assistant to the people I enjoy fragging.

Yes I know, which side you play on shouldn't matter. It does to me, and I am the one paying the money to play, so my vote is the only one that counts in what does and doesn't matter in this regard.

I mean, last night three guildies and I joined the warfront queue as a group, and you know what happened? Yep--we were split between the two sides. How does that make any sense? We formed a guild to Warfront together, but we are forced on opposite sides???

Come on people, there is a reason why the Guardians have trouble filling the queues despite having larger server populations--it is because the people who enjoy PvP sign up for the Defiant side. It is an attitude thing. It is a [EDIT] attitude that makes you want to play the side that is the bad[EDIT]. And instead, as a merc, you are playing with people who don't even know those sparkly things get carried around for points!

You want me to merc? You pay my subscription fee. Until then, as a consumer, you are only making me less and less happy with your product, and convince me that you really don't care what I want.

GIVE ME AN OPTION TO NEVER MERC!

If it means I must sit in queue for 2 hours per match, then I guess I'll either sit for 2 hours, or I will consider toggling on the Merc option. Either way, it will be me, the consumer, deciding what I wish to do.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 03-27-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

You'd be crying over the two hour q.
    Last edited by Hotter; 03-24-2012 at 06:03 PM.

If you're willing to sit in a separate queue for a significantly longer time and/or give those of us who do Merc bonus rewards for every match we do, then I'm fine with an opt out option! I'm being genuine here, that sounds like a fair trade off.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Firelord View Post

Come on people, there is a reason why the Guardians have trouble filling the queues despite having larger server populations--it is because the people who enjoy PvP sign up for the Defiant side. It is an attitude thing. It is a [EDIT] attitude that makes you want to play the side that is the bad[EDIT]. And instead, as a merc, you are playing with people who don't even know those sparkly things get carried around for points!

Guardians have larger server populations Where??

Guardians don't have trouble filling queues, they already had fast queues

Defiants were the ones with the long wait because they has so many extra players.

I'm all for people being able to toggle off playing merc as long as those of us willing to merc and help the queue keep ticking over get 50% more favor and prestige while you sit and wait.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 03-27-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: quote edited

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    Guardians have larger server populations Where??

Guardians don't have trouble filling queues, they already had fast queues

Defiants were the ones with the long wait because they has so many extra players.

I'm all for people being able to toggle off playing merc as long as those of us willing to merc and help the queue keep ticking over get 50% more favor and prestige while you sit and wait.
    You do realize you contradict yourself a few times here, don'tcha?

Yes, there is no waiting for a Guardian queue because there is no one in line. They simply pull a Defiant over to fill the gap in Guardian players.

But, I am all in favor of you mercing if you enjoy it. Myself, I can't stand it.

Ascendant

This thread has new and exciting topics that have never been discussed before!

@OP:
    1) You'd rather wait an hour for a queue than spend 15 minutes waiting for a queue?
    2) How does merc'ing hurt you, specifically? If you're on an RP server I can understand it -- but PvP is PvP anywhere else, no matter who you're fighting.
    3) Please, do ragequit and go to TOR. Most of us are tired of these OMGFIXORIQUIT threads by now.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Im not a huge fan of being a mercenary, but it doesnt usually bother me. I dont understand the rage over this from some people. You are against it, which is ok, but you are acting like someone killed your firstborn child and that makes no sense.
    Last edited by Sargonnas_KoA; 03-24-2012 at 07:16 PM.

I personally don't care if I get thrown in as a merc. I get shorter Q time that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I dunno, I usually stand in the middle of the pond screaming 1v1 me noobs.

I love being a Merc. Keeps things exciting and fresh for me, personally, anyway. And I think it's a brilliantly smart way to keep queue times short.

I understand it isn't for everyone, as virulently stated above, but really, opting out and waiting 15 minutes really isn't a big deal. You could run a Chronicle or an Instant Adventure in the meantime. Or go artifact hunting. Or do EI Onslaughts. This might not appeal to those who specced their toon specifically for PvP, but hey, some of those ideas give PA xp! (something else I'm a huge fan of, but that is another thread, heh).

In any case, Merc is fun because I love to frag. Don't care which team I'm on, as long as they go down.

Ascendant

The more of these threads I read, the more it becomes clear to me that a lot of people only rage about mercs when they get sent in as a merc and the team they get put on loses.

I've had it happen to me. And I've had it happen at infuriating times. Like when you've got a daily for a particular warfront so you queue, you get sent in on your "normal" team, and you get whooped. So you queue again, and you get sent in on your normal team, and you get obliterated. You queue again, normal team, humiliating loss.

Queue again, sent in as a merc, and all of a sudden your normal team fully dominates and you're thinking, "If only I hadn't been sent in as a merc I'd have this PoS daily done by now..."

I feel ya, but if your faction is so dominant that you want to stay with them and never have to play for the opposing team, it just adds another layer of benefit to the mercenary system. YOU might not like it, but the faction constantly getting steamrolled probably appreciates it. The days of, "If you're <x> faction in <y> wargroup, expect to lose most of your matches" are pretty much over, and that's a GOOD thing.

maybe hes blaming his lack of ability to get kills on the merc system.
    s

Ascendant

You do realize you contradict yourself a few times here, don'tcha?

Yes, there is no waiting for a Guardian queue because there is no one in line. They simply pull a Defiant over to fill the gap in Guardian players.

But, I am all in favor of you mercing if you enjoy it. Myself, I can't stand it.
    There was no contradiction.

Before the merc system it was the defiants who suffered long waits not guardians, as a defiant the merc makes your queue time much shorter.

before mercs: guardian - short queue
    defiant - hope you like waiting 1 hr for a warfront

after mercs - guardian - short queue
    defiant - short queue

It's a good system and benefits the players and game as a whole, like someone else already said the only time I see people complaining is when the side they would normally be on wins.

which is really what it all comes down to isn't it? players who want to be on the winning side all the time so they roll whichever faction dominates. at the end of the day they don't want competition they want to steamroll to a win every time.

(Since you are really into RP'ng as a defiant...)

At the end of the day, Guardians and Defiants are both here to defend Telara from being consumed by the Blood Storm. Keep your focus on that, and you'll see going to Warfront will be just a training zone for you to prepare yourself out in the open world.

I'm maybe a Guardian, but I am no 'Racist'. When I go into WF, I heal, whichever side I'm on... Indiscriminately. So I have to pay 15 bucks a month to heal someone of a different faction... then be it! The Bahmis are people too, just saying...
    Olumis 60 Cleric Laethys
    Lumis 60 Cleric Greybriar
    Luminus 60 Cleric Bloodiron
    Olumis 60 Cleric Typhiria

I mean, last night three guildies and I joined the warfront queue as a group, and you know what happened? Yep--we were split between the two sides. How does that make any sense? We formed a guild to Warfront together, but we are forced on opposite sides???
    [/B]
    [EDIT]You were tandem queuing to beat the premade system and are upset because you got split up. Suck it up, or better quit. Cheating your butt off and crying because.... yeah no.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 03-27-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

I don't get this sort of QQ. Makes no sense at all. WFs are a PU&G PvP match. What side you are on is irrelevant.

Only one thing I would change is that the teams are totally random, instead of place filling.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast