+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bards need 30m range

Default Bards need 30m range

With healers nerfed and healing less (lots of dps clerics in my warfronts, of which I approve) and with chloros getting a decent buff, it's definitely time to fix the range of codas and cadence to 30 meters.

Twenty meters is essentially melee range and bards simply cannot take the tab-targeting-induced focus fire that results unless maybe you go guardian phase in which case your mediocre heals become even worse.

I can't think of one good reason Bards should be limited 20 meters.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3690509

The Rogue community has this disgustingly self-righteous core of Bards that refuse to admit how crappy they are.
    Last edited by Zaros; 03-24-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Those opposed to the range increase seem to do so on the grounds that "Bards are good enough."
    With a perfect team maybe.

I'd say bard range buff would allow us to make up for crappy matchmaking in a warfront team using the soul system flexibility -- today I had matches with no front line (warriors or NBs) and no healer clerics. So up front was me with a bard getting tab targeted to death except when my ports were not on cooldown. But when I'm porting away I can't do any healing and it's not that great of healing to begin with.

mark my words - it may not happen for a year or years, but there will be a day bards will have no motifs and just have buffs and actually have a full meaningful way of gameplay. I know it happens to all classes but. 3 fanfaires that take 3s to cast, non aura buffs, 5 rotational 30s temps - it just feels like it's archaic before it is.

The variety of coda's is cool. The other part that fills it in, the buffs, is kinda meh. It's just not that engaging. I know bards will see a better day...some day. I still have a bard role, but just sayin'.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    mark my words - it may not happen for a year or years, but there will be a day bards will have no motifs and just have buffs and actually have a full meaningful way of gameplay. I know it happens to all classes but. 3 fanfaires that take 3s to cast, non aura buffs, 5 rotational 30s temps - it just feels like it's archaic before it is.

The variety of coda's is cool. The other part that fills it in, the buffs, is kinda meh. It's just not that engaging. I know bards will see a better day...some day. I still have a bard role, but just sayin'.
    Bards used to be pretty good when you could expect CC to work, assuming a common bard/rs build.
    I suppose they're still good at trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Bards used to be pretty good when you could expect CC to work, assuming a common bard/rs build.
    I suppose they're still good at trolling
    A protected bard I still say is a great asset.

And every now and then it's fun to do some troll work .

I <3 when someone thinks they got me 1 v 1 and I bust a virtuoso - coda of wrath spam. pew pew pew pew.

Blow ya hooornnn.

http://www.newvideo.com/wp-content/u...E116930-03.jpg
    Last edited by Violacea; 03-24-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

In PvP, it's not really reasonable that Bard range is 20m and they must be channeling for the majority of their combo point building attacks. The channeling would be ok if they didn't need to move into the midst of every enemy in the game to start attacking.

Also, fanfares - make them something like a 1 second cast. Then you can still have your pretty animation, but it doesn't take what feels like 5 minutes to put them up.

90% of bards and chloros are only as good as the team around them. Both of these builds fall under support imo for PVP. Focus a true bard? He dies. Focus me when 51 chloro? I die. Bards are heavier into the buff/debuff side and lighter on heals while being restricted to range via heals/debuffs. 51 archon...well you gotta have a death wish to pull this off for PVP tbh. 51 chloro? Heals from dps require 30m range putting your already squishy self dangerously close to any/all dps.

At the very least I'd like to see the day when valor no longer mitigates the healing from dps abilities. Then maybe...just MAYBE mages wouldn't have to see crap like +15% bonus to heals from veil in PVP patches. It's a sloppy attempt at fixing the glaring problem of valor mitigating heals from dmg at best.
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

+ Reply to Thread