+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Those who complain about healing in WFs

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default Those who complain about healing in WFs

    Learn to focus your targets and maybe , just maybe, you can win some warfronts. I could heal all day long to keep people alive and unless you dps actually try and kill the same target, it will do no good.

    That is all i heard today " whaaaaa, no heals we lost!"

    "why dont you heal?"


    blah blah blah

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I am by no means a pro at healing, but seriously. In an entire warfront being the only healer, don't try to blame me for the loss. I'm keeping our group alive just so you guys can attack the tanks without taking out their healers first. Just because you have some crazy high damage done doesn't mean you actually helped the warfront.

    While I have to admit this is a bit of a /rant thread, I wholeheartedly agree.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    It is a rant, but also informative. It amazes me how people queue all day and still cant figure this stuff out

  4. #4
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazaaam View Post
    It is a rant, but also informative. It amazes me how people queue all day and still cant figure this stuff out
    They know it, they just dont care because most of them are idiots.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I queued up for a warfront with three clerics, three rogues and 4 mages.

    One guy said:

    We have no heals, we're going to lsoe.

    My reply: "Spec a healer?? Duh...."

    Noone switched to heals, least of all me. We had one mage playing chloro, and the rest of us getting owned. I'd have switched to my chloro spec too, but I didn't feel like it. I wasn't really there to win it either, and no, I don't feel bad.

    It just amazes me that they *have* the ability to heal, yet stand there and whine when they don't have any healers....

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    I only get upset with healers when I'm bawls deep in the middle of the enemy trying to get THEIR healers down and I get zero heals because our healers are in the back lines topping up the rogues spamming Fan Out on tank warriors. I had one match today not all that long ago where the enemy team scored 44 kills and our team scored 3, and when I looked at healing done, our total heals matched the Defiant total heals very closely, but 80% of our total healing got dumped on rogues in the back lines. MM were given Vampyric Munitions for a reason. Stop healing them when they're too stupid to kite.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I only get upset with healers when I'm bawls deep in the middle of the enemy trying to get THEIR healers down and I get zero heals because our healers are in the back lines topping up the rogues spamming Fan Out on tank warriors. I had one match today not all that long ago where the enemy team scored 44 kills and our team scored 3, and when I looked at healing done, our total heals matched the Defiant total heals very closely, but 80% of our total healing got dumped on rogues in the back lines. MM were given Vampyric Munitions for a reason. Stop healing them when they're too stupid to kite.
    It's very hard to heal melee, warriors and melee rogues...

    healers have to overextend and almost meet our front line because the enemy healers are so far back.

    I do make priority to heal melee rogues but I just dont understand why rogues even melee.

    MM is a better spec, period. There's no reason to even use NB or Sin honestly.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post

    MM is a better spec, period. There's no reason to even use NB or Sin honestly.

    Stuns.

    My baby sin pops out of stealth, nails the healer with a 4sec stun, and often clobbers them with a finisher before the poor thing can react and cast a heal, or pop off break free.

    But I don't expect a heal. I don't expect that my well place, well timed attack will allow me, or affrod me a chance to escape. One healer down means less healing for their team.

    If not for stuns, I would not bother with melee.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    Stuns.

    My baby sin pops out of stealth, nails the healer with a 4sec stun, and often clobbers them with a finisher before the poor thing can react and cast a heal, or pop off break free.

    But I don't expect a heal. I don't expect that my well place, well timed attack will allow me, or affrod me a chance to escape. One healer down means less healing for their team.

    If not for stuns, I would not bother with melee.
    If you dont get screwed out of DR.

    MM has a long silence. Melee is very ineffective in PvP, as a healer I despise healing melee simply because they are healing sponges.

    Warriors arent too bad to heal if they are max geared but they still take a lot of damage. But melee rogues.....ugh.

    If you aren't getting heals, it's because your healers suck honestly.

    Spec MM, you will like life a lot more..
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 03-24-2012 at 09:59 PM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Don't you just love attacking strawmen?
    ~Quiescent

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    It's very hard to heal melee, warriors and melee rogues...

    healers have to overextend and almost meet our front line because the enemy healers are so far back.

    I do make priority to heal melee rogues but I just dont understand why rogues even melee.

    MM is a better spec, period. There's no reason to even use NB or Sin honestly.
    I generally know when I've overextended and don't expect heals if trying to heal me would force my healer(s) into the front lines of the enemy. It's when I pick out a healer that has moved up too far and go after them and receive zero heals at all that I start to get upset. It's absolutely amazing to me just how little I need by way of healing to keep going. The difference between matches where I received 0-5k healing and matches where I receive as little as 15k healing is extremely noticeable.

    The biggest frustration for me is getting a target near death, they get heals, I don't, and the heals they got buy them enough time to finish me off before I can finish them. I'm good for 2-3 trips to the GY with no heals before I even look at the scoreboard, but if I look at the scoreboard and see healers present but all the heals dumped on non-contributors, I start to get unhappy.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I generally know when I've overextended and don't expect heals if trying to heal me would force my healer(s) into the front lines of the enemy. It's when I pick out a healer that has moved up too far and go after them and receive zero heals at all that I start to get upset. It's absolutely amazing to me just how little I need by way of healing to keep going. The difference between matches where I received 0-5k healing and matches where I receive as little as 15k healing is extremely noticeable.

    The biggest frustration for me is getting a target near death, they get heals, I don't, and the heals they got buy them enough time to finish me off before I can finish them. I'm good for 2-3 trips to the GY with no heals before I even look at the scoreboard, but if I look at the scoreboard and see healers present but all the heals dumped on non-contributors, I start to get unhappy.
    Happens to the best of us. That is one reason I hate playing dps in Rift. Because very rarely are there "too many" healers.

    And the life of a healer sucks honestly, but you realize there's other ways to be effective than going after their healer alone? Like maybe protecting your teams healers getting pounded on by melee trains?

    If you're alone back there beating on a healer, you arent going to kill them alone...especially if cross healing is going on, you'd be more effective protecting your own heals, which also keeps you in range of heals if you insist on being melee.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    It's very hard to heal melee, warriors and melee rogues...

    healers have to overextend and almost meet our front line because the enemy healers are so far back.

    I do make priority to heal melee rogues but I just dont understand why rogues even melee.

    MM is a better spec, period. There's no reason to even use NB or Sin honestly.
    From playing both a MM and a pally/VK, I can tell you melee DPS are necessary, for nothing but the moral reinforcement they provide.

    There's something people fear about a random person in melee that makes them want to focus that person down. When my Warrior runs into a group of people with Holy Champion and the giant red wings mega damage buff, people go crazy. If they have no melee DPS, they've lost the match right there.

    It's a placebo effect that works amazingly well.
    ~Quiescent

  14. #14
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    From playing both a MM and a pally/VK, I can tell you melee DPS are necessary, for nothing but the moral reinforcement they provide.

    There's something people fear about a random person in melee that makes them want to focus that person down. When my Warrior runs into a group of people with Holy Champion and the giant red wings mega damage buff, people go crazy. If they have no melee DPS, they've lost the match right there.

    It's a placebo effect that works amazingly well.
    I've won plenty of matches where melee warriors and rogues get melted before they can even get in range to do damage, with plenty of healing on them, with smart enemy MMs and pyro/dom focus firing them down as they come in, one big show-stopper is a pyro/dom squirreling you as you come in and spamming fireballs.

    Not quite a placebo effect at all...what is dead can't kill you.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 03-24-2012 at 10:15 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Happens to the best of us. That is one reason I hate playing dps in Rift. Because very rarely are there "too many" healers.

    And the life of a healer sucks honestly, but you realize there's other ways to be effective than going after their healer alone? Like maybe protecting your teams healers getting pounded on by melee trains?

    If you're alone back there beating on a healer, you arent going to kill them alone...especially if cross healing is going on, you'd be more effective protecting your own heals, which also keeps you in range of heals if you insist on being melee.
    I don't necessarily expect to kill the healers I go after. I usually just try to keep enough pressure on them that they can't stand back and freecast on their team. A Perfect Timing buffed Bladefury followed by a fear bomb can really mess up that cluster of ranged standing just behind their melee, it gets LW up on a large number of players, and if enough of my team is able to tow the line it can be an effective way to break up a zerg (which is 90% of WS:Escalation to begin with.)

    I'm just not having a very good weekend in warfronts so far. Too many raiders with their shout spam interrupt macros and backpedaling MM with one button on their action bars on my team, while the enemy team is being kept alive by a lone chlorodom who is left entirely alone until I get in their grill, at which point their team does what they should do...flatten me...and my team is halfway between mid and our base backpedaling away from the mean mean tank warriors. It gets old. If I see one more mage QQ that they don't have effective survival tools I'm going to explode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts